Options

It would be really LAME.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i hope youre right... you got a source??? let me know before i make insanely impracticle plans to get to NYC... THANKS! itd be nice if it was the same week as radiohead and wilco in st. louis :D (mid may... so no...)

yeah our local DJ 107.5 KFEB says they're pending on a St Louis midsummer date and he's never wrong about shows in St Louis....ever

I wish I had more than that. He (the DJ) said Radiohead would play St Louis in the spring (late last fall)...he was right...he is always right.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    yeah our local DJ 107.5 KFEB says they're pending on a St Louis midsummer date and he's never wrong about shows in St Louis....ever

I wish I had more than that. He (the DJ) said Radiohead would play St Louis in the spring (late last fall)...he was right...he is always right.
    k thanks! thats enough for me! would much rather see them here in the midwest with friendly midwest fans instead of those arrogant east coasters ;):p
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    Igottago wrote:
    I agree with the original thread starter. Are Pearl Jam a greatest hits band now? I want new material. More importantly, I want GOOD new material. How much live stuff can we take?

i couldnt agree more!!
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    sounds good. good luck with the 10C presale if you're going that route,...

thanks
    and are you making plans???
    the Minions
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Igottago wrote:
    I agree with the original thread starter. Are Pearl Jam a greatest hits band now? I want new material. More importantly, I want GOOD new material. How much live stuff can we take?
    can you blame them when the majority of people on this board say they would prefer a new tour vs. a new album? im definitely for the latter and dont get how people are content with hearing the same songs over and over... i dont wanna see this band become like DMB and give up on writing decent new material... i know the band would never do that... but it surprises me how many people would be ok with that
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    By Jonathan Cohen, March 2008, I just read this and it made me smile-

Earlier this year, band members got together for eight days to begin kicking around ideas for the next Pearl Jam album, Ament said, cautioning that "it doesn't mean there'll be a record out next month, but it's the start of the process. Sometimes it takes six months and sometimes it takes two years."

"It's just fun to play," he continued. "We've actually gotten really good at jamming with each other, so it's fun to get together and crank up the amps. We'll have (drummer) Matt (Cameron) throw a beat at us and try to come up with something. There's some new, different kind of things coming out of people."

According to guitarist Stone Gossard, "We're just getting into it, which is so exciting. We have no idea where it's going, but we have a lot of great little starts."

A busy year indeed!!!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    to do a summer tour with no new material.

.....just sayin

I have a feeling PJ knows this...
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    kent_fkent_f Posts: 28
    I don't care what they play. I just want them to play.
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    sgossard3 wrote:
    can you blame them when the majority of people on this board say they would prefer a new tour vs. a new album? im definitely for the latter and dont get how people are content with hearing the same songs over and over... i dont wanna see this band become like DMB and give up on writing decent new material... i know the band would never do that... but it surprises me how many people would be ok with that

Maybe the guys just need a paycheck...easiest way to do it is go out and play a bunch of shows to crowds who would be content to hear corduroy for the 3057th time live.

I'm gonna go check out Radiohead this summer..they have new stuff to play.
  • Options
    yay!
    kent_f wrote:
    I don't care what they play. I just want them to play.
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    Igottago wrote:
    I'm gonna go check out Radiohead this summer..they have new stuff to play.

that sounds so good, i wish radiohead would come to australia
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    maybe more covers or maybe some b-sides from avocado...i hope neil joins them for MSG!!!
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    VMGACg wrote:
    maybe more covers or maybe some b-sides from avocado...i hope neil joins them for MSG!!!

Be real... Neil doesn't leave the Bay Area...

"I'm listening to Neil Young, I have to turn up the sound, someone's always telling me, to turn it down"... Bob Dylan
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Disagree on the thread title. Canada 05 was anything but lame. I did 12 shows. Some of the most kick ass shows, and crowds, I've ever experienced.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Big ManBig Man Posts: 97
    I actually thought the Canadian tour was totally lame. I listened to some boots thinking WTF? Crowds asleep, Band trying. But I would like to be convinced otherwise, can you recommend one great show?
  • Options
    we might get to hear "Rock around Barack" or "Fired up and Ready";) :D
    the Minions
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    c'mon people work with me here....

we want new material don't we?????
    I would rather see them live.

They can sing songs from the Disney channel for all I care.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    They can sing songs from the Disney channel for all I care.

As a father of a 5 year old boy, 4 year old boy and infant girl, I would sell my soul to have Pearl Jam playing Disney Channel songs. It may save the little shred of sanity I am clinging to.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    As a father of a 5 year old boy, 4 year old boy and infant girl, I would sell my soul to have Pearl Jam playing Disney Channel songs. It may save the little shred of sanity I am clinging to.
    :)
    Hang in there.
    I could see them throwing one in for the sake of their wee ones. :p
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394

.....just sayin

Well, we know the guys aren't lame. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020

.....just sayin

you dont have to go...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."