Options

Ok should i just break down and get a 10c membership?

TKDTKD Posts: 163
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Ive been listening to and seeing PJ live since the early 90s, but could never bring myself to pay any band for the "privelidge" of joining a fan club. I really think this stuff should be free, but i would really kick myself if PJ did a show like the VIC here in NY and i couldnt get in because im not a 10c member. Watcha all think?
Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    I think you should have signed up way back when you first started listening
    to an seeing them so you wouldn't have to be asking what we think now.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    shoulda, woulda, coulda...it's in the past.

I joined later than I should have, but I'm glad I joined. It's never to late. If you love the band I say join. Just make sure you rock your ass off if you're sitting in fan club seats!
  • Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    TKD wrote:
    but could never bring myself to pay any band for the "privelidge" of joining a fan club. I really think this stuff should be free,

Your not paying for the privilege of being in the fan club. Your paying for opportunity at tickets, merch , w/e. At the very least you get the magazine and the holiday vinyl.

I just bought 10c tickets to 5 EV solo shows, On each show I saved $10 off what ticketmaster would have charged me. thats 2 1/2 years membership right there, besides the fact that I know I am getting great seats.
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    Your not paying for the privilege of being in the fan club. Your paying for opportunity at tickets, merch , w/e. At the very least you get the magazine and the holiday vinyl.

I just bought 10c tickets to 5 EV solo shows, On each show I saved $10 off what ticketmaster would have charged me. thats 2 1/2 years membership right there, besides the fact that I know I am getting great seats.
    good point, think i may as well bite the bullett
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    TKD wrote:
    good point, think i may as well bite the bullett

i think you should too!!

i originally joined just to get the holiday vinyl !!!!

i was unalbe to score tickets for the EV shows through the 10C but still, im very happy with being a member! just remember to renew each year.

i forgot once, and by the time i sent in my fee's, my number changed drastically!! :(

oh well, still glad im in the 10C.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    TKD wrote:
    Ive been listening to and seeing PJ live since the early 90s, but could never bring myself to pay any band for the "privelidge" of joining a fan club. I really think this stuff should be free, but i would really kick myself if PJ did a show like the VIC here in NY and i couldnt get in because im not a 10c member. Watcha all think?

Dont waste another day. I've been a member for 5 years and i regret i didn't join 10 years prior to that...
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    I agree that some folks, like me, regret not joining earlier. It is worth it. 20 bucks a year is not bad at all for the vinyl, merchandise, tickets, etc.
    Dallas '98, Houston '03, Dallas '03, Kisseemee '04, Missoula '05, Toronto '05, Atlantic City #2 '05, Albany '06, Hartford '06, Chicago #1 and #2 '06, Cleveland '06, Detroit '06, Boston #1 '06, Washington DC '08
  • Options
    magic eight ball says yes !
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

VERY good point!
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri