Options

how do I get to MA and CT shows via train from NYC

digitmckeedigitmckee Posts: 139
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I dont drive so if its kinda easy to get to the MA and CT show i want to go. Is it easy via train, metro north, chinatown bus?
Too many shows to list:
From my first show in Hawaii when they opened for RHCP to upcoming 2016 MSG and Wrigley. Seen them in every continent except Africa and Antarctica.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    digitmckee wrote:
    I dont drive so if its kinda easy to get to the MA and CT show i want to go. Is it easy via train, metro north, chinatown bus?

I'd either take a bus or train to Hartford, as both are stops via Amtrak and Greyhound. Chinatown buses only stop in Boston from New York, so that wouldn't be an option. Public transportation-wise for MA, your options are basically nil since the show is in Mansfield and not Boston. I'd just go to the MSG and Hartford shows if transportation is an issue.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    Yeah Mansfield is not a good non-car destination. As I posted in another thread, last commuter rail train back to Boston is 10:17 PM, meaning you have to miss about half the set.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    Take the Metro North lines from Grand Central station to New Haven. (about $20 for non rush hour round trip tickets i believe) then take a bus into Hartford.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Yeah Mansfield is not a good non-car destination. As I posted in another thread, last commuter rail train back to Boston is 10:17 PM, meaning you have to miss about half the set.

and as far as I know, it's a bit of a hike from the train station to the venue.
  • Options
    digitmckeedigitmckee Posts: 139
    and as far as I know, it's a bit of a hike from the train station to the venue.

okie. thanks for info. MA might be out then.
    Too many shows to list:
    From my first show in Hawaii when they opened for RHCP to upcoming 2016 MSG and Wrigley. Seen them in every continent except Africa and Antarctica.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Bus to Boston. At least that's what I did to get to the Boston Garden. 2 days and nights in a row...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    yosi wrote:
    Bus to Boston. At least that's what I did to get to the Boston Garden. 2 days and nights in a row...
    But the show isn't in Boston this time. Mansfield is a suburb south of the city (like 35-40 miles south), and not particularly accessible without a car or astronaut jet pack.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    Poncier wrote:
    But the show isn't in Boston this time. Mansfield is a suburb south of the city (like 35-40 miles south), and not particularly accessible without a car or astronaut jet pack.

yeah, but taking a jet pack is really cool though.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II