Options

To Chicago or not to Chicago!?!?

CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
edited July 2008 in The Porch
AHHH!!! I can't decide!!! I got tickets to both Boston EV shows and one of my best friends lives in Chicago....it wouldn't be an issue except that I've got another trip coming up in September and it's hard to say how bad it will affect my finances! (especially after 3 pearl jam shows this summer!)

Ahhh Eddie Vedder, why are you making my life so complicated!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,814
    CityMouse wrote:
    AHHH!!! I can't decide!!! I got tickets to both Boston EV shows and one of my best friends lives in Chicago....it wouldn't be an issue except that I've got another trip coming up in September and it's hard to say how bad it will affect my finances! (especially after 3 pearl jam shows this summer!)

The answer always is.... Chicago. :D

*edit*
    except when the question is: "Who has the best pizza?" in which case the answer is New York :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    The answer always is.... Chicago. :D

*edit*
    except when the question is: "Who has the best pizza?" in which case the answer is New York :)
    wrong
    the answer is always chicago
    especially to the question "who has the best pizza?"
    :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    JasonTeckJasonTeck St. Louis, MO Posts: 179
    CityMouse wrote:

Chicago stinks and you need to conserve your funds...plus I need tickets!!!
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
    2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago
    2022 - St. Louis & Oklahoma City
    2023 - Chicago N1 & N2
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,779
    Chicago's a horrible idea.
    (but you can always change your mind tomorrow after the 10c sale is over)
    :)
  • Options
    aw yeah and now I feel about trying to get ten club tickets when I already have some...
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    No No, Chicago is very scary.. You're taking your life into your own hands if you come out here. I have to keep my doors locked 24/7 and that is just to stay safe from my kids! Bad bad place.. Stay home!

=)
    Just me
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    go bears!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    CityMouse wrote:

personally, i wouldn't. i think the 2 boston shows will do you just fine, get plenty of live solo ed right there! save your funds for whatever else you have coming up.

*btw - i have no vested interest in keeping you out of chicago either. :p i am only attending NYC night 2. i probably would've gone for both nights in my home city, but alas, already had tix to see the police the night before. i think 2 shows is perfection. i love how ed is doing pretty much 2 nights in a row in each city.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    personally, i wouldn't. i think the 2 boston shows will do you just fine, get plenty of live solo ed right there! save your funds for whatever else you have coming up.

*btw - i have no vested interest in keeping you out of chicago either. :p i am only attending NYC night 2. i probably would've gone for both nights in my home city, but alas, already had tix to see the police the night before. i think 2 shows is perfection. i love how ed is doing pretty much 2 nights in a row in each city.

I'll take one show in Milwaukee anyday. :D
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Zanne wrote:
    No No, Chicago is very scary.. You're taking your life into your own hands if you come out here. I have to keep my doors locked 24/7 and that is just to stay safe from my kids! Bad bad place.. Stay home!

=)

Chicago is the New Detroit, trust the poster above~DON'T GO! ;)
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options

this is what one half of me is thinking. two shows is probably enough, yes. going to chicago is expensive, yes. but then the other side says it would be cool to have something big to do that weekend.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I'll take one show in Milwaukee anyday. :D

absolutely!
    it's ALWAYS great to get home-town shows. while i await pearl jam's return to jones beach, and i know others hate the place but i LOVE it.......i LOVE when they, or just ed, play my home city proper....NYC! it will be awesome to leave work, hop on the subway, head uptown and see ed. :D

CityMouse wrote:
    this is what one half of me is thinking. two shows is probably enough, yes. going to chicago is expensive, yes. but then the other side says it would be cool to have something big to do that weekend.

i hear ya. bottomline, it's a personal decision only you can make. you asked for opinions, i offered. :) if i hadn't just seen pearl jam 6x in 4 different cities, including the beacon show....i might be more open to travel. also, my husband has no interest really. i did briefly consider montreal, never been, have a long weekend of it, etc...but yea...already spent big on pj, so 1 at home shall suffice for me.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    absolutely!
    it's ALWAYS great to get home-town shows. while i await pearl jam's return to jones beach, and i know others hate the place but i LOVE it.......i LOVE when they, or just ed, play my home city proper....NYC! it will be awesome to leave work, hop on the subway, head uptown and see ed. :D

i hear ya. bottomline, it's a personal decision only you can make. you asked for opinions, i offered. :) if i hadn't just seen pearl jam 6x in 4 different cities, including the beacon show....i might be more open to travel. also, my husband has no interest really. i did briefly consider montreal, never been, have a long weekend of it, etc...but yea...already spent big on pj, so 1 at home shall suffice for me.

ah well I have 50 minutes to decide...
  • Options
    ok, I'm not going to go for chicago 1...

then I still have a while to think about chicago 2.

maybe I will skip going to chicago and go hiking in maine that weekend...
  • Options
    ok, I decided against chicago. I'll free up the tickets for the rest of you :).