Options

MSG shut down by City Inspectors!!!!!

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited April 2008 in The Porch
New York Times.
The historical Madison Square Garden has been shut down due to unsafe pedestrian crossing areas. The report came late Monday afternoon during a routine inspection walkthrough by city inspectors.
They noticed that their were several cracks in the concrete flooring as well as the corners of the bearing walls.
"This raises a major concern" says Anthoney Bistone- city official. "We don't know how serious the situation is yet. To be safe we have shutdown all entrance areas and have canceled all upcoming shows for the next four months."
The city officials have not yet completed the inspection report due to the overwhelming mass of the problem. "Its a huge dangerous problem", says one City Inspector Jim Snider.
Managment for the Madison Square Garden said they will be posting a timeline of when they will reopen in a few days. They are hoping to be done the repairs buy early July. In the meantime all scheduled activities and concerts will be canceled.

Tuesday April 1st, 2008
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    That's a terrible April Fools.... :confused:
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    lol i'm surprised more April Fools jokes haven't surfaced yet today.

But you're going to pay for causing panic amongst MSG concert-goers here!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    New York Times.
    The historical Madison Square Garden has been shut down due to unsafe pedestrian crossing areas. The report came late Monday afternoon during a routine inspection walkthrough by city inspectors.
    They noticed that their were several cracks in the concrete flooring as well as the corners of the bearing walls.
    "This raises a major concern" says Anthoney Bistone- city official. "We don't know how serious the situation is yet. To be safe we have shutdown all entrance areas and have canceled all upcoming shows for the next four months."
    The city officials have not yet completed the inspection report due to the overwhelming mass of the problem. "Its a huge dangerous problem", says one City Inspector Jim Snider.
    Managment for the Madison Square Garden said they will be posting a timeline of when they will reopen in a few days. They are hoping to be done the repairs buy early July. In the meantime all scheduled activities and concerts will be canceled.

Tuesday April 1st, 2008

funny i was at a hockey game there last night..
  • Options
    jdwyer02jdwyer02 Posts: 110
    I figured they would shut it down because of the Knicks!!
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    funny i was at a hockey game there last night..
    wow you admit that? they still play that sport? j/k
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    New York Times.

Tuesday April 1st, 2008
    Gee the New York Times make a lot of spelling mistakes, don't they ;):D

Nice one LOL!
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    This is no April Fools!
    check out the New York Times website.

Man this sucks!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Funny how April Fools and Stupid Tools rhymes so well.;)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    if anything should get MSG shut down, it's those ridiculous foot longs. ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    if anything should get MSG shut down, it's those ridiculous foot longs. ;):D

wowo ,,we make fun of everyone who buys em

i hope u didnt??????? ;)
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wow you admit that? they still play that sport? j/k

yup me and 18,200 others were there

our attendance and fans are fine
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    wowo ,,we make fun of everyone who buys em

i hope u didnt??????? ;)

ummmmm. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ummmmm. :)

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

u ate a foot long!!!!!!!!???????
    hahaaahahahahaha

i have pics in my phone of various girls eating them lol its so funny
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Booourns.

Less obvious please.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    stupid....not funny

plus, there was a game played there last night.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

u ate a foot long!!!!!!!!???????
    hahaaahahahahaha

i have pics in my phone of various girls eating them lol its so funny

come on it was 12 inches. who wouldnt want that? ;):p:D
    besides it could have been worse. i could have eaten one of those pretzels. now they are disgusting things.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    come on it was 12 inches. who wouldnt want that? ;):p:D
    besides it could have been worse. i could have eaten one of those pretzels. now they are disgusting things.

u did eat it!!!!!!!!! lol hahahahah sucka lol

those pretzels can be good when u know a worker and ask them to put it thru the toaster oven twice;)

i must admit ive become friends with a few food workers over the past couple of years lol
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    This could have been so much funnier had it adhered to at least the minimum standards of the AP stylebook.

Sorry, journalism major here.
  • Options
    lol i'm surprised more April Fools jokes haven't surfaced yet today.

But you're going to pay for causing panic amongst MSG concert-goers here!

i know
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    The New York Rangers played (and defeated!!! ) the Pittsburgh Penguins last night, at Madison Square Garden.

Next time when you think up an April Fools joke, you may want to check out MSG's sports scheduling, too.

:D
    New York Times.

Tuesday April 1st, 2008
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,524
    Funny how April Fools and Stupid Tools rhymes so well.;)

hahaaa. They do rhyme.

How about:

Really Uncool
    Breath smells like Loose Stool
    Moms looks like a Ghoul
    PJ Rules
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,094
    So was I the only person momentarily freaked out by the OP??? I'm such a der brain :o
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,524
    well, it's early, small self....no foul.