Options

who is upset they planned bonnaroo now?

NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
edited March 2008 in The Porch
it will be great for those going

but who is actually upset they are traveling there instead of somewhere else?

thank god i hate festivals lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    it will be greta for those going

I am a little because I may miss 2 shows in Florida, but I know that the Roo will be the best show in 08 :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I'm kinda torn. I was planning on going to NYC this year anyway...now to see that I could've used my vacation money to see PJ AND go to NYC is a little saddening.

However, I've never been to a festival...at least a real festival, multi-day, camping with thousands of dirty smelly hippies. It's out of my comfort zone and I'm a little excited to try it.

I guess if I weren't already seeing EV in LA then I'd be more disappointed about choosing ROO over waiting to see how things played out. All in all I guess I can't complain.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Thank God I didnt buy Bonnaroo tickets!!! First because I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after tickets went on sale and camping in the heat 5 months pregnant wouldn't have been the best of ideas, but I think I would have been MAJORLY bummed to have to pick in between the 2 FL shows and Bonnaroo, my best friend is facing that dilemma :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Thank God I didnt buy Bonnaroo tickets!!! First because I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after tickets went on sale and camping in the heat 5 months pregnant wouldn't have been the best of ideas, but I think I would have been MAJORLY bummed to have to pick in between the 2 FL shows and Bonnaroo, my best friend is facing that dilemma :(
    Congratulations on the little one. Hope all goes well. :)
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I am a little because I may miss 2 shows in Florida, but I know that the Roo will be the best show in 08 :)

i hear u but if u have to miss 2 home shows for a festival that would stink

p.s. msg and mansfield will be the best
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i hear u but if u have to miss 2 home shows for a festival that would stink

I'm now considering WPB, FL and then onto Bonnaroo
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

i am going to see greta.

it had to be typed.

the east coast kinda pisses me off, but I shoulda known. and shoulda planned. There ARE threads about it.

fuck.
    WOOT!
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm not upset. More chances to see Pearl Jam . The only executive decision to be made is whether to fly Tampa to Nashville and drive to my hotel and then The Roo or drive the , according to Yahoo maps, 677.2 miles from Tampa to my hotel in Shelbyville and then the 30+ miles to the Roo. Plan A, flight, means missing Thursday and a bit of Friday. Plan B , drive , means arrive on Friday late ( the drive is 10+ hours straight through says YM) and basically bag two days of The Roo. I'll probably fly, pick up a car, then drive once I hit Tennessee. Figure I'll just drive to SC and VA then drop the car where I started , Philly airport, on the 18th.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,839
    NY PJ1 wrote:

im not upset in the least. i've always wanted to experience bonnaroo for the scene as a whole. there are a lot of great bands OTHER than pearl jam, and some of which happen to be there, so im psyched. Where else can you see all that music for less than 60 bucks a day?

I guess ive never really understood why people would be upset that they planned something like a festival if they like music, unless the only band they like in the entire world is pearl jam.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I would be if I were going to roo... the east coast shows are too good to miss though. I'm sure some would go to both.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    im not upset in the least. i've always wanted to experience bonnaroo for the scene as a whole. there are a lot of great bands OTHER than pearl jam, and some of which happen to be there, so im psyched. Where else can you see all that music for less than 60 bucks a day?

I guess ive never really understood why people would be upset that they planned something like a festival if they like music, unless the only band they like in the entire world is pearl jam.

dude thats a great attitude :D

im glad i didnt buy tix for bonnaroo but at the same time you have t think bands have a contractual obligation when signing on for big fests not to announce anything else in the first month or so they can sell as many tickets is not like PJ came out and said :"This will be our only appearance this year" like they did las yar wth Lolla(and the US)... In fact they said it was gonna be a busy year...
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

I LIKE OTHER BANDS but i hate festivals

so i didnt even think about roo

lolla was an experience last year but never again

it will be great regardless wherever anyone goes
  • Options
    i am going to see greta.

it had to be typed.

the east coast kinda pisses me off, but I shoulda known. and shoulda planned. There ARE threads about it.

fuck.

the purple haze will do that to u greta lol
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,839
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I LIKE OTHER BANDS but i hate festivals

so i didnt even think about roo

lolla was an experience last year but never again

it will be great regardless wherever anyone goes

dats cool. they're not for everyone.

i may love bonnaroo and make it an annual event. then again, i may end up hating it and bein in the same boat as you.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    I'm not upset. More chances to see Pearl Jam . The only executive decision to be made is whether to fly Tampa to Nashville and drive to my hotel and then The Roo or drive the , according to Yahoo maps, 677.2 miles from Tampa to my hotel in Shelbyville and then the 30+ miles to the Roo. Plan A, flight, means missing Thursday and a bit of Friday. Plan B , drive , means arrive on Friday late ( the drive is 10+ hours straight through says YM) and basically bag two days of The Roo. I'll probably fly, pick up a car, then drive once I hit Tennessee. Figure I'll just drive to SC and VA then drop the car where I started , Philly airport, on the 18th.

of course more chances

but i really meant the people who cant afford to travel anywhere else because theu booked roo
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    it will be great for those going

I'm more of a festival guy than single show guy, so i'm not mad.

But if PJ plays ACLfest, there is a chance i might sell my Bonnaroo tix.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    SOOOOOOO
    glad I did not spring for the roo

Instead, I will see hartford and camden :)

AWESOME! Never thought wed get such a nice selection of east coast dates!
    :)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm glad I'm going to a festival like Roo. Never been to one!

So I am happy, and will try to get tickets for NY and CT. Two weeks with a shitload of PJ. I'm good:)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the purple haze will do that to u greta lol

i preferred Purple Windowpane®

woof.
    WOOT!
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    I'm now glad that I didn't plan for the Roo. I've been to a few festival shows, and I am done with spending three days in the 90+ degree heat of the summer. Give me climate-control or at least a cooler climate.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    i'm glad. i'll be sitting in the air conditioning with my feet up watching the uncensored webcast..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Not upset at all about Bonnaroo. There's no Pearl Jam shows in my area and if I'm going to see them, I'd rather see them play a full length show with 100 other bands.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    If they didn't agree to play Bonnaroo, would there even be east coast dates?

If a tree falls in a forest and there's no one around to hear it...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bonnaroo and mansfield here i come. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • Options
    scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    i'm expecting some major problems with the MSG tickets, so i'm happy i bought tickets to bonnaroo.

sometimes it sucks living in new york. I wonder how people in (place random state here) would feel if thousands upon thousands of people from the middle of nowhere and overseas came to their hometown venue, thus making it impossible for the locals to get tickets. but if i get shut out of both MSG nights, i'll probably try for hartford and mansfield.
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Can't wait for Roo and the 3 PJ shows I'll be going to after it! No regrets at all.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    On a lil bit. Well maybe more than a lil.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    doesn't bother me...

the roo is closest anyway.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    dont you love how they made it seem that Bonnaroo was it this year and then a few months later announce Ed Solo Tour and then a mini tour so your stuck with the money you shelled out thinking it was their only show?

glad i decided against the festival
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    We MAY still go to 'Roo as well. Depends. I truly was holding out for a "Southern Pearl Jam-only kinda thing." So HAPPY they are coming to Florida!!!! I am hoping to get tickets for Tampa. And if I can't - I hope all of the shows sell-out so that they will come back to the South in the future! Going to do my best to get tickets!!!! If they ever play Houston - I will be THERE as well!!!! Free place to stay!!!! Ha!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW