Options

Add it to the rumor mill

2»

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    AndySlash wrote:
    Fuck the Target Center. Though it would be just over the 10th anniversary of their 98 show there, which was my first, and still one of the best, that I've seen by them. We need an amphitheater, bad. Maybe they'll play Alpine, too.

My first show as well. I had nosebleed seats couldn't hear anything Ed said. I just won the boot at the Chicago pre party. It is great! It would suck that of all places in the mid west they played it would be the Target Center but I would be first in line to get tickets, and maybe it will be on a Wednesday and then they would play Alpine Thurs - Sunday!! We can only hope!

Hi Andy!!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    Hi! Hope you are well!

I, too, was in the nosebleeds- two rows from the very back on Stone's side of the side stage, to be exact. We could only see about half of what was going on, and obviously the sound sucks. Until I heard the bootleg many many years later, I had always thought Ed had said, "we'll have to come back here more often" when in actuality he said "we'll have to fuck up like that more often". Because I had thought that, I'd always been angry they skipped us in 2000. Then someone here corrected me on the error of my ways.

Did you just get the boot or did you get a DVD? If you want a DVD of the show, PM me! I will be happy to send it to you.

ANYWAY- I just bought a Bush mask online not five minutes ago because of this rumor. If they come here, I'm wearin' it. I wanna get up on stage and help sing Bushleaguer. If they don't come here (which I won't be surprised at all if this doesn't pan out), then I got my Halloween costume early. It's win-win, baby!
  • Options
    I was on Mike's side 4 rows from the top but I was in the isle with my lighter going the whole show. I had a huge blister on my thumb that I was so proud of!! Ed looked at me during Alive, I swear. I have a lot of stories from/about that show. Good times, good times!!

When I saw this thread I got really excited. I don't think I can go to bonnaroo so hearing they may be around here really made me happy. We can do another pre party! I'm getting ahead of myself!! Fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Some big news is on the horizon! Concerts...albums!

Please be true!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    I was saying hi to aqua ames.I should have said hi to her in one of her replys.
    I figured you might misinterpret that. Later,see ya in the first couple rows if ya decide to come to Minnesota or Denver

Pegasus wrote:
    I'm not Amy..

mm..end of august beginning of sept...
    we'll have to see.. with Bonarro and Munich and the Seattle trip..

but, I thought the conventions were about selecting the candidates...and that the primaries were finishing really early this year, like March or April.. so why the gap in between?
    (or I really understand fuck all about the way you people go on about politics)
    73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    I have a lot of stories from/about that show.

I wish I did. I was trashed, and my friends were worse! I don't remember a whole lot except rocking out the entire time. One of my friends said he would've passed out if I didn't keep hitting him and making him stand up and realize he's at a rock show.

When I saw this thread I got really excited.

Oh man, me too. I saw the article that was referenced today, but I didn't read it all. I wish I would have!

I don't think I can go to bonnaroo

This will be my 4th. I really hope they play it this year. The rumors in previous years were always just that- rumors. But there's way more talk about it this year than ever before. I hope it happens.

We can do another pre party!

I'm so down for that.
  • Options
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    I got a new mac book for christmas from my husband so I am online here more than I ever have been. I love this thing! I've posted on a few threads but I'm kinda shy on here. Don't want anyone blowing up at me! He He!! Anyway back to the boys: I miss them! Seeing them at Lolla wasn't the same as a regular show. And before that with Petty. We need them here (Alpine) for a weekend.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    see now this would be awesome! Much better than some shitty death to republicans concert with eddie explaining how betterman is now about McCain or some Bullshit.

That's pretty funny.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    go pre wrote:
    my initial thought: pj should trade venues with the republicans. the sound quality in the target center sucks balls. xcell is one of the best-sounding indoor venues i've ever been to.

98 show at 600 First Ave > three shows at Xcel
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.