Options

Chicago 8/21 Limited View Seat

grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Just pulled one up on tm: Balc2, Row H

I have no idea how "limited" the view from these seats are but if you are looking to get in the building go and grab it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    fuck it....i took it.

based on the row and the seat, its about 20 rows back from a pole, but the angle of the pole would ubstructe a direct view of the stage.

i can live with that....i ussally close my eyes and take in the music.

so i am officially going to both Chicago shows.

party on Wayne
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    I have an extra for chicago night 1, it is up there but it is very close to center, perfect view

PM me if anyone is interested
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    81shark wrote:
    fuck it....i took it.

based on the row and the seat, its about 20 rows back from a pole, but the angle of the pole would ubstructe a direct view of the stage.

i can live with that....i ussally close my eyes and take in the music.

so i am officially going to both Chicago shows.

party on Wayne

That doesn't sound too bad at all. I'm just curious how came across this information. I looked at the internative seating chart on the venue's website and it is impossible to tell what would cause limitations in viewing of the stage.
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    I can't speak for every limited view seat, but the obstruction for many of them is likely light. Not the physical lighting equipment, but the actual light it produces. Some of the permanent lighting equipment is installed right below and around these LV seats, and you'll be looking through the light for the show.

More of a nuisance than an obstruction.
  • Options
    you have to check out the venue's website. you'll get a better feel for it after seeing the pics.

at any rate, after i got mine, i looked again and there is one in row Balc2 Row D limimited view availiable. I gotta believe its got to be closer to the pole.

ahh the joys of chicago facilities. (think wrigley)

either way, its gonna be kickass going to back to back shows.

my brother is going to hate me.
  • Options
    81shark wrote:
    you have to check out the venue's website. you'll get a better feel for it after seeing the pics.

at any rate, after i got mine, i looked again and there is one in row Balc2 Row D limimited view availiable. I gotta believe its got to be closer to the pole.

ahh the joys of chicago facilities. (think wrigley)

either way, its gonna be kickass going to back to back shows.

my brother is going to hate me.

Yeah, that makes sense. So the seat in row D probably has a more obstructed view despite being closer to the stage. I am tempted to grab one of those limited view seats for night 1.

I keep convincing myself that I should be satisfied with going to only night 2 :)
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    grjammer wrote:
    Yeah, that makes sense. So the seat in row D probably has a more obstructed view despite being closer to the stage. I am tempted to grab one of those limited view seats for night 1.

I keep convincing myself that I should be satisfied with going to only night 2 :)

2 nights is the way to go. THat's what I did on teh west coast and it was perfect. If you go to one, you'll kick yourself for not going to one more.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    kick myself all the way to "broke-ville."
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    kick myself all the way to "broke-ville."

That is the problem...after driving out to the east coast and attending four shows this summer, the cost of going to two ed solo shows is probably too much. I think one will have to suffice.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    still left....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    row D is gone, now up, row E......
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    also, just looked.... somewhat of a pair?

try ording these singles on 2 different browsers....

Balc 2 Row E seat 42 should show on one
    Balc 2 Row F seat 42 should show on another
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    I have an extra for chicago night 1, it is up there but it is very close to center, seat #18 I believe, perfect view
    have the hard copy ticket in hand, just looking for face & TM fees

PM me if anyone is interested
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    grjammer wrote:
    That doesn't sound too bad at all. I'm just curious how came across this information. I looked at the internative seating chart on the venue's website and it is impossible to tell what would cause limitations in viewing of the stage.

The facilities website has a map that shows where the poles are and has a different marker for seast that have limited view.
    hippiemom = goodness