Options

poster help

the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
edited May 2008 in The Porch
so, i have three posters that i never got around to framming. i had them stored flat.
i went to get them the other day to have one of them framed, and they were gone.
called my ex-wife and asked her about them, and she told me that she put them in a tube. so they have been rolled for about 2 years now.

any advice on what i should do? im pissed, but she didnt know so i cant be to mad at her.

i want these bad boys frammed with my others, but dont know what i should do now.

thanks in advance.
Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
to not question your government is unpatriotic."
-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    sell them to me?
    ahhhha, just kidding, i have no idea what sort of advice to give you, but i will pay attention to the thread as i've got a similar situation on my hands
    out of curiosity, which posters are they?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    start getting them flat right way and then check to see if they are damaged, even if there are slight roll bends or something...... blemishes should frame out if it is done right......
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I know this will cause some folks to cringe at the thought, BUT, if you are simply go to frame them for YOUR PLEASURE, and dont plan on selling them, and dont care about VALUE, then just have them dry mounted to acid free foam core and framed. any bends or rolls or what have you will be taken out of the mix then. I have had all of mine mounted so far...Killed the resale, but they are for ME and ME only to enjoy, so I could give a rip about the value. I will be having my Kenyon Hall mounted soon as with the others. Just my opinion...:)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Just put them between some paper with big books on top for a week or so and they should be flattened. I had some rolled for quite a while (don't do that any more however) and they came out without any creases. You could also just take them directly to a framer. They could advise and handle it for you. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Buy a science fair backboard- they cost less than $5 at a Michaels or Target- and put it inside of it- close the flaps around it and put something sort of heavy on top of it. They will be flat in no time and it's cheap
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1