Options

CCFA Fundraiser - I'm running a HALF MARATHON!!!!!

FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
edited April 2008 in The Porch
With all the Pre-Party fundraisers happening and being planned, I would think they only reach out to a small group of fans who are attending the events. I am posting because it is my hope to give all Pit members and PJ fans an avenue to donate to one of the band’s charities, the CCFA. It is my hope that awareness is received and spread.

I have joined Team Challenge, the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America’s newest fundraising program that trains you to run a half marathon (yes, that’s 13.1 MILES) while raising funds and awareness for the Foundation. Over the next 16 weeks I have committed to a training schedule, along with my fellow Northwest teammates, for the Half Marathon on July 20, 2008 from Napa to Sonoma, CA. In return, I have promised to raise funds for the CCFA that will offer support in the areas of education, research, and patient services. Your one time donation could also be applied to run Camp Oasis, a camp for kids afflicted with IBDs, to associate them with those who understand and let them know they are not alone.

Together, we can make a difference by raising funds and awareness! I have a webpage, shared with fellow Pit member BridgeBitch (Jessica), who is also participating in the marathon, where you can donate online (or get an address to donate offline) and learn more about CCFA at:

http://www.active.com/donate/napa08northwest/jessbrian

Please check back with this thread from time to time as I will give updates on my progress and announce some fundraising ideas that I’m lining up. Thanks for your time and remember, no donation is too big or too small!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Shameless self bumping :)

F'n Circus and I are well into training and fundraising. If you haven't had a chance yet, check out our fundraiser page!
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

10/21/06 & 10/22/06 (Bridge Shows)
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I'll bump up for a great cause. You guys have a hefty goal and some great contributions already!

My "Take Steps" walk is this weekend and I'm excited about spreading awareness in my community.

Good luck and keep spreading the word.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    homer19homer19 Posts: 24
    Bump!
    St. Paul '92; Milwaukee '95; East Troy '98; Minneapolis '98; Bridge School '99; East Troy '00; Vegas '00; Council Bluffs '03; St. Paul '03; Winnpieg '05; Thunder Bay '05; St. Paul-1 '06; St. Paul-2 '06, Chicago-Lolla '07
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    Lance Armstrong has one nut just like you and he ran a full marathon.