Options

The Cult are a better band than Pearl Jam.

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
edited December 2010 in Other Music
Sweet......Soul....Sister..........

forever dancing....

on......and.......on...........
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    f-bombf-bomb Posts: 99
    Ha, Ha.........funny stuff,

Ain't it funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind?
  • Options
    Go joke somewhere else. I'm not here to fuck around.

Ladies and Gentlemen....I'll be a the Bengals-Stillers game tomorrow. I'll be dressed in black and orange, arguing and fighting off meathead mustache-wearing Stiller fans in their grey sweatshirts with mustard stains on them. FUCK the GODDAMN FUCKING STEELERS.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    So you don't like Pearl Jam and you don't like The Steelers? What are you doing on here then?????
    Hello we are talking about Pearl Jam here!! And the Steelers are way better than the Bengals.
  • Options
    It's Ok........some moronic antagonist singin' Soul Sister and thinking that's better than any PJ B side has shown his/her hand in an instant. Yawn......

The cult are a better band than Pearl Jam? ......No bite here....game over. Ciao.
    Going to All 5 Australian '09 shows.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    and I'm better in bed than Ron Jeremy
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    im better than rocko..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LOVE REMOVAL MACH BABY............... ;)
    uncle matty
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I liked The Cult, they did some great stuff and totally overshadowed GNR when they supported them but they didn't have the broad range of music that PJ have.

I now think there are some better bands than PJ but The Cult aren't one of them. :D
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen....I'll be a the Bengals-Stillers game tomorrow. I'll be dressed in black and orange, arguing and fighting off meathead mustache-wearing Stiller fans in their grey sweatshirts with mustard stains on them. FUCK the GODDAMN FUCKING STEELERS.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!

mendenhall is gonna run all over you guys...and if heath was able to roll back to the front of his head after last weeks hit he'll destroy the 'gals too
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Peace is a dirty word..

Used to be a painted bird?
    fanch75 wrote:

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and FUCK CINCY!!!! :twisted:
    #FHP
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    no dice...esp. lately. Great fucking band tho, electric, love, sonic temple, etc. all great albums and they still kick ass live but their last album was pretty meh. Their newest song i heard wasn't that great either. Solid rock and roll band though.
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaarghahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc etc etc

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I like the Cult. Sticking with the era, I like Queensryche better. I guess that means Queensryche is better than Pearl Jam. ;)
  • Options
    the Cult are a joke now. Ian Assbury is a bitter old rockstar wannabe Jim Morisson. I actually went and saw both the Cult and D21C and Ian sucked ass during both.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,971
    maybe in mambi pambi land they are, you jackwagon! :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    maybe in mambi pambi land they are, you jackwagon! :lol:

:lol: I love that commercial!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I guess in some circles, there are a number of people who may believe The Cult to be a better band than Pearl Jam...I personally would fall outside of this school of thought and avoid these cirlces altogether. Afterall anyone whom would believe such nonsense is obviously someone with very poor and horrific tastes in music; and such opinions are better left ignored.
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    pjfan31 wrote:
    and I'm better in bed than Ron Jeremy

hey
    so am i
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    Pure Cult is a fantastic disc to have in the player when you want to drive really fast. "Sun King" is a favorite of mine.

Hey Fanch.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    That's what my babysitter would have said if PJ was around in 1987.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    It's Ok........some moronic antagonist singin' Soul Sister and thinking that's better than any PJ B side has shown his/her hand in an instant. Yawn......

The cult are a better band than Pearl Jam? ......No bite here....game over. Ciao.

I love people who take shit so seriously. Makes me wonder how they view the world and what they are doing when they're not posting messages on a rock band forum.
  • Options
    why now u dont seriousling??
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Paul David wrote:
    the Cult are a joke now. Ian Assbury is a bitter old rockstar wannabe Jim Morisson. I actually went and saw both the Cult and D21C and Ian sucked ass during both.

he's not with "riders on the storm" any more or D21C.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    I know he's not. He left when he realized what a joke that was.
    iluvcats wrote:
    Paul David wrote:

he's not with "riders on the storm" any more or D21C.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    and then you woke up.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    DocChicago wrote:
    Pure Cult is a fantastic disc to have in the player when you want to drive really fast. "Sun King" is a favorite of mine.
    Yes. The Cult has done some really good stuff. Was listening to that disc just the other day.
    No. They are not better than PJ of course, but I can see some people feeling that way....I guess.
    I know one thing....Billy Duffy is quite entertaining on Married To Rock...yeah, I watch it, but I really have no choice
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    im better than rocko..
    I have met Rocco!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I still like 'dreamtime' and 'Love', but both lyrically, and musically, they really are no match for PJ......and Duncan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_sJmIQrH54
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I still like 'dreamtime' and 'Love', but both lyrically, and musically, they really are no match for PJ......and Duncan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_sJmIQrH54

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    BALLBOY wrote:
    im better than rocko..
    I have met Rocco!
    the italian rocco? :mrgreen: