I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky but why
    Why, why can't it be, can't it be mine
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• We were but stones
    Your light made us stars

Thanks Dimi!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    sickofit wrote:
    :o:o Dimis, u legend!!! It's my birthday today so I hope I have good luck and if I don't win I'll cry buckets ;)

This is an Eddie quote I recently found online (and then found a video of it on good old youtube!)...it is helping me a lot these days:

"If you trust me at all, if you listen to me at all, which you certainly don’t have to, speaking from experience I can tell you that things change. You can believe me, you don’t have to, they probably won’t change unless you make them. The best way to change something that’s around you, something you don’t like, is to change yourself. I don’t think you want other people changing you, I think the only person you want changing you is yourself. So if you ain’t happy, if you’re reading magazines about Generation X-ers and thinking “yeah I’m one of them” well fuck that. Don’t let anybody tell you who you are. Oh no. No one can tell me who I am. I could tell you who I am but that would be a long story. I could tell you who I am and it wouldn’t fit in a Rolling Stone, it wouldn’t fit in a video, it wouldn’t fit, it’s my life. It’s your life. You’re the only one who knows who you are. I hope you know who you are. If you don’t know who you are figure it out, cause you are somebody. And I’m probably stating the obvious but I just thought I’d do it anyway. So if you feel like you’ve got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you can’t speak, take it off! Speak up! Speak your mind! Shout it out! Let ‘em hear ya! Shout out!"
    ~ Sept. 29th 1996, Randall's Island, NYC.

Sorry it's really long, but it won't work if you don't read it all together.

can i vote for this guy?
  • once divided with nothing left to subtract
    some words when spoken can't be taken back

now give me that lighter ;)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    great giveaway, Dimi!!! i'm going to pass on this one....i've received enough gifts this year!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mfc2006 wrote:
    great giveaway, Dimi!!! i'm going to pass on this one....i've received enough gifts this year!!!
    this fuckin community isso fuckin AWESOME...have fun Matt,enjoy your weekend
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 wrote:
    this fuckin community isso fuckin AWESOME...have fun Matt,enjoy your weekend

same to you, my friend!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    "how's it going?.... last night was pretty highly charged." ev 9/29/96. my first show and the first words i ever heard from ed ved.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • zik17zik17 Posts: 14
    All the rusted sign we ignore throughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    oh, D... you've got some some precious karma coming your way, my friend.

since it is impossible for me to choose ONE lyric or set of lyrics, i will go with what is most relevant right now...

"everyone i come across in cages they bought...they think of me and my wandering, but i'm never what they thought...got my indignation, but i'm pure in all my thought...i'm alive"

most people i know can't understand my choice of job (waiting tables with a college degree...chosen BEFORE the recession), or what i do with my time... however, i see in their eyes a certain -envy- while they are essentially condemning me for following pearl jam and picking up and travelling (often for pj, but often NOT) and living my life as i choose, not how i "should". i think of this lyric, and it makes me think of everyone i know who are so financially/emotionally/otherwise tied down who looks down on me, but secretly also envies me. oh, how lonely i must be (*sarcasm*) to not have any ties, no kids, no relationship, no job security, no benefits... i'm also still under 30, and i am living my life to the fullest. i choose to (to paraphrase martin lawrence) "ride this mother till the wheels fall off". Life is short. And I am enjoying every minute of it.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I'm a lucky man,
    to count on both hands
    the ones I love

Thanks for the chance ;)
  • any concert live the lyrics are crazi, The whole song of black LIVE, - i love the lyrics -i hope some day you have a beautiful life i know u'll be a star, in somebody elses sky - then when eddie decides to extend the song - this love i will remember for ever..i will remember for ever this love, that is why, i am lying when i am saying i don't love you no more, no more , no moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, do do doooooooo, we dont belong together ... we dont belong together ... see you next march eddie :)
    1998 Sydney
    2003 Sydney x 3
    2006 Sydney x 3
    2009 Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney
    2010 Dublin , Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Eddie Vedder Solo - Newcastle, Sydney x 3
  • 'i gather speed from you fucking with me...'

Thanks again for your generosity to this community! :)
  • sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780

can i vote for this guy?

Funny, I've never been called a guy before ;):lol::lol: But I do appreciate the vote :thumbup:
    I think the quote sums up what Eddie has given/been trying to give us over the years - a voice, the courage to have our own voice and a medium to help us realise who we are/can be. If that makes sense..... :mrgreen:
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • thanks again D!

I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine...
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fucking quarter out here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck? You're blowin' it for fucking everybody! Hit me with a fucking quarter again, and fuck it, I'm outta here! We're all outta here! Fuck you! And if anyone sees someone throw fucking change right next to 'em, you have my permission to personally beat the fucking holy shit out of 'em! Thank you very much! Fucking idiot! Ahhhhhh... That felt good!
  • StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me... ;)
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

• StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead, overhead.

Thanks Dimi.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Cause he's the man of the hour, taking his final bow...
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    "My mother is always saying things like, 'You'll always be my son'...Mom, I'm not your little boy anymore, have you seen the size of my bank account? Or, have you seen the size of my...(crowd goes crazy)...I meant guitar, what did you think I meant? Oh, actually, this one's very small! George, I need the biggest guitar you've got back there! Get me the 12 string! Get me the bass!"
    --EV solo tour, Chicago, 8/21/08
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    iamica wrote:
    "My mother is always saying things like, 'You'll always be my son'...Mom, I'm not your little boy anymore, have you seen the size of my bank account? Or, have you seen the size of my...(crowd goes crazy)...I meant guitar, what did you think I meant? Oh, actually, this one's very small! George, I need the biggest guitar you've got back there! Get me the 12 string! Get me the bass!"
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    iamica wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • brianwpbrianwp Posts: 125
    At his show in Newark in 2008, he took some questions from the audience and I guy shouted out "What does Yellow Ledbetter mean?" Ed's response was something like:
    "Wait, you mean there's lyrics?"
    Of course he then went on to explain what the song meant.
    It was all very goosebump worthy.
    Truly special night.

Thanks
    how talented our frontman...way to go.....thanks Eddie and thank you all guys... :)
  • jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    You think you have to want
    more than you need
    until you have it all you won't be free
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    how talented our frontman...way to go.....thanks Eddie and thank you all guys... :)

+1
    Leeze wrote:

+1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j99qT9DMii0
  • The whole thing about the "freaks" pertaining to song requests and John Lennon, preceding hide your love away in Buffalo, 06' I think.
    Wachovia 05 -- Irving Plaza 06 -- East Rutherford II 06 -- The Vic 07 -- Lollapalooza 07 -- Camden I,II 08 -- D.C. 08 -- MSG I,II 08 -- Chicago I,II 09, Spectrum II,III,IV 09 -- SNL 2010 -- Cleavland 2010 -- MSG I 2010
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    The north is to south what the clock is to time
    There's east and there's west and there's everywhere life
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
    I am mine
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06