Options

Go See Liam Finn

flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
edited September 2008 in The Porch
He is touring, saw him in Philly for $12 tonight. GREAT...AGAIN. Amazing energy, songs, and a cool cover song ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I was there:) maybe I saw u!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I was there:) maybe I saw u!

maybe... maybe you can......... never mind ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    maybe... maybe you can......... never mind ;)
    wtf are u talking about:)??
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I was there:)
    no you weren't.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    He is touring, saw him in Philly for $12 tonight. GREAT...AGAIN. Amazing energy, songs, and a cool cover song ;)
    I saw him a while ago :)

I paid AUD$16!!.. i feel ripped off now :eek:
  • Options
    _outlaw wrote:
    no you weren't.
    yup:) Yup :) yup:)
    it was fun!
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    _outlaw wrote:
    no you weren't.

she was there.

she sent me a really blury pic. but she was there. :)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    she was there.

she sent me a really blury pic. but she was there. :)
    yeah sorry about that:) tried for a better one...damn camera phone.
  • Options
    Well, I wasn't the chick who got carried out on a stretcher...Ugh! She puked all over the ATM.
    Cool new Liam Shirt, and Live at Wiltern Theater Show exclusive CD with purchase of I'll Be Lightning...Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
  • Options
    Well, I wasn't the chick who got carried out on a stretcher...Ugh! She puked all over the ATM.
    Cool new Liam Shirt, and Live at Wiltern Theater Show exclusive CD with purchase of I'll Be Lightning...Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
    yeah i saw her! had to step over her to get to the bathroom! EW!!!
  • Options
    he playing here in van in sept, but i cant go....i saw him twice open for ed, then open for this laura veirs chick after that....wish i could see a longer set with him headlining.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    hurry up and send him home

(we'll pretend australia is his home ok - nz is practically australian anyway)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    What the fuck is up with all these chicks passing out at shows!? First Ed solo shows and now Liam?? WTF???
    it was bad...she had vomit all over her. felt bad for the chick.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    What the fuck is up with all these chicks passing out at shows!? First Ed solo shows and now Liam?? WTF???

yeah man! all you hear about are the drunken frat boys who yell for Jeremy but what about the drunken whores who yell sexually suggestive shit at Ed??!

they are just as fucking annoying......if not more so!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    zenith wrote:
    hurry up and send him home

(we'll pretend australia is his home ok - nz is practically australian anyway)

I think he has a few homes :D I'll be seeing him for the third time this year in December ... after his third tour this year of the UK. At one of the gigs he actually called it his homecoming show as it was a club in the area of London he lives.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    So what was the cover song?
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    Saw him 2X with Eddie. That's more than enough for me. No thanks.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Dude, Liam, Come to Phoenix!!!

I can't believe he is going to Tucson, which is only 90 miles away, but not to Phoenix.

Weird.

I'd go but my wife has grad school and I have to travel the next day... anyway we've got MMJ and the San Diego music fest around the same time.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    for all those that couldn't catch liam on ed's tour...if you have the opportunity to see him, do go, you won't regret it. Liam is a fabulous performer.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    i was thinking about going tonight in DC...there is a storm-a-brewin though, so well see.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    So what was the cover song?
    I'm only sleeping. Beatles
  • Options
    Anyone else go to the Liam show in DC? Anyone know which cover he did with the full band during the encore?

I don't think it was "I'm only Sleeping"
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600
    will see Liam here again in Toronto in just under a month :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    i got id wrote:
    Anyone else go to the Liam show in DC? Anyone know which cover he did with the full band during the encore?

I don't think it was "I'm only Sleeping"

Are you thinking of "Old Man"? I think that was the only cover, other than "happy birthday" but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    gtown wrote:
    Are you thinking of "Old Man"? I think that was the only cover, other than "happy birthday" but I might be wrong.

That would be it!!! Thanks!
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    SOLAT319 wrote:

They aren't passing out, they're swooning. Can you blame them?
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    They aren't passing out, they're swooning. Can you blame them?
    poor girl.... defiantly didn't swoon...unless the sight of him makes her vomit all over herself! :eek: i felt bad for her.