Options

Parachutes?

InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
edited August 2008 in The Porch
What is the chances Ed would play this on the solo tour. I would love to hear it!!!!
Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    even tho no chane of being there, would be a good choice, corduroy also
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    slim and none....zero is more like it.....first of all, its a stone song, and stone songs rarely even get played on pearl jam tours...second, its a really weird off time guitar part, and i don't think he could sing and play it at the same time
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    let's hope that song never gets performed ever again!!!

first time they ever played it was in Boston,i was like "OH NO!!".

It turned out to be a perfect opportunity to go piss and grab another brew.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    great song, but he's not gonna play songs that he doesnt normally play guitar on. any song that he wrote originally on guitar by himself, like Gone, could be played.

i would love to hear Off He Goes at one of the last 3 shows.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    You actually have a better chance of hearing "Bugs" than hearing "Parachutes" on this tour.

Actually...Now that I think about it...you have a better chance of hearing Eddie cover the entire album "Parachutes" by The Pretty Things then followed by a cover of Coldplay's album "Parachutes" from start to finish. By which at that point most of the hard core Pearl Jam fans in attendence would have puked into their laps.

Not to mention Stone wrote "Parachutes"...so unless Stone Gossard shows up, sneaks up behind Eddie, gives him "The Vulcan Death Grip", and then Hijacks the stage...I think your chances of seeing this song performed live are slim to none.

Later
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    unlikely im sure, but it is a great song.
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,131
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    slim and none....zero is more like it.....first of all, its a stone song, and stone songs rarely even get played on pearl jam tours...second, its a really weird off time guitar part, and i don't think he could sing and play it at the same time

exactly what i was thinking.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,271
    Oxxys wrote:
    What is the chances Ed would play this on the solo tour. I would love to hear it!!!!

wicked track you never know!
    danny d
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    You actually have a better chance of hearing "Bugs" than hearing "Parachutes" on this tour.

Actually...Now that I think about it...you have a better chance of hearing Eddie cover the entire album "Parachutes" by The Pretty Things then followed by a cover of Coldplay's album "Parachutes" from start to finish. By which at that point most of the hard core Pearl Jam fans in attendence would have puked into their laps.

Not to mention Stone wrote "Parachutes"...so unless Stone Gossard shows up, sneaks up behind Eddie, gives him "The Vulcan Death Grip", and then Hijacks the stage...I think your chances of seeing this song performed live are slim to none.

Later

Lol, your post made me laugh
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!