Options

avacado - awful song titles

2»

Comments

• Options
    my thoughts exactly!!

fuck all you "self titled" haters!!!!!!

you don't like the album don't listen to it!

we don't need to hear a bunch of dime-store critics with shitty opinions reiterated a million times!

To be fair, they've got as much right, and as much critical credentials, to say they don't like it, as you've got to say you like it. Or like anything, for that matter. You can disagree, but don't act like they can't voice their opinions.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    i'm not here to trash the album, i think its great...i love all pearl jam albums equally, i run them all into the ground and then get sick of them and then rediscover them again......but, having just typed in "unemployable" on youtube, it reminded me that this album has some of the most awkward song titles ever:

severed hand?

MARKER IN THE SAND? (this one takes the cake)

unemployable?

army reserve?

inside job? (maybe not as bad as the others...ok done venting)

yeah, those are much worse song titles then

go

why go

deep

garden

porch

once

jeremy

glorified G

leash

should i go on?

ill stop. my point, is that they have always had some pretty lame song titles.
    but thats what made them cool too. lame titles, awesome songs!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    To be fair, they've got as much right, and as much critical credentials, to say they don't like it, as you've got to say you like it. Or like anything, for that matter. You can disagree, but don't act like they can't voice their opinions.

i agree. many have voiced their opinions,again & again!

we fucking know all about the fair weather dis-satisfied assholes who don't like self titled/riot act/Binaural because of reason A,B or C!

get over it!! they are what they are! i'm sick of negative,whiny wanna-be critic fucks with the "i have the right to bitch if i want" bullshit.

yeah and i also have the right to say fuck off! (no one in particular)

[ahhh..venting is good for the soul :D]
  • Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    the wolf wrote:
    yeah, those are much worse song titles then

go

why go

deep

garden

porch

once

jeremy

glorified G

leash

should i go on?

ill stop. my point, is that they have always had some pretty lame song titles.
    but thats what made them cool too. lame titles, awesome songs!
    well i guess i prefer lame one word titles to lame multi-word titles...and as far as avocado bashing, i said i love the songs and the album, it just has some awkward titles in my opinion....and i'm not a hater in general, i come on here to discuss all things pearl jam - the good, the bad, and the ugly...thats whats so great about this forum, you can get real specific.....its not just talking about pearl jam, its as specific as talking about the song titles on their last album, etc......i can't talk about this shit with my real life friends!!!

and one more thing...the threads i've started in the past that have been unpopular always end up being kept alive for days or weeks by people saying "this is a stupid thread and i wish it would go away"

if you hate a thread and want it to go away, DON"T RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    well i guess i prefer lame one word titles to lame multi-word titles...and as far as avocado bashing, i said i love the songs and the album, it just has some awkward titles in my opinion....and i'm am not a hater in general, i come on here to discuss all things pearl jam - the good, the bad, and the ugly...check my recent posts..thats whats so great about this forum, you can get real specific.....its not just talking about pearl jam, its as specific as talking about the song titles on their last album, etc......i can't talk about this shit with my real life friends!!!

oh, i know you were not bashing the album. i just think "marker in the sand" leaves a lot more to the imagination then, , ......well any of the titles i posted.

its all good. no worries. we just deffer on opinion. i actully think the titles on avacodo are better then most of the other albums.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Just to bring to light another side of this discussion...

MOST (there are a handful of exceptions here) Pearl Jam songs have the song title IN the lyrics... so if you don't like the song title aren't you kind of saying you don't like a portion of the lyrics?
  • Options
    Just to bring to light another side of this discussion...

MOST (there are a handful of exceptions here) Pearl Jam songs have the song title IN the lyrics... so if you don't like the song title aren't you kind of saying you don't like a portion of the lyrics?
    i think the chorus to marker in the sand is one of the best, catchiest, most uplifting things they've ever written, GREAT LYRICS....i think the verses are not great and kind of abrasive sounding and don't do justice to the chorus
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    i think the chorus to marker in the sand is one of the best, catchiest, most uplifting things they've ever written....i think the verses are not great and kind of abrasive sounding and don't do justice to the chorus

I see what you're saying, but I really enjoy the juxtaposition of the aggressive verses with the soaring chorus.... Then again, I'm a HUGE fan of MITS, it's my favorite on the album for sure. To each his own eh?
  • Options
    I see what you're saying, but I really enjoy the juxtaposition of the aggressive verses with the soaring chorus.... Then again, I'm a HUGE fan of MITS, it's my favorite on the album for sure. To each his own eh?
    its one of my favorites too, i just think the chorus is SO good it really outshines the verse, and the guitar riff in the verse is pretty lame, in my most humle opinion
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    I always thought Porch was a pretty cool title.
  • Options
    HailRoad24HailRoad24 Posts: 133
    Song titles normally don't bother me, but I gotta say, Love Boat Captain just takes the cake as the cheesiest title ever.
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • Options
    lostdogs77lostdogs77 Posts: 93

we fucking know all about the fair weather dis-satisfied assholes who don't like self titled/riot act/Binaural because of reason A,B or C!

get over it!! they are what they are! i'm sick of negative,whiny wanna-be critic fucks with the "i have the right to bitch if i want" bullshit.

I agree and how is the Avocado so terrible??? Even if it is not your favorite it is a pretty good album. It is not something that they should be ashamed of. How many of these critics on here are such spectacular people? I guess I am still trying to figure out what is so repulsive about Riot Act. These guys make great music and they are great performers. Everything they release is not going to be everyones favorite. The only thing they have to be embarassed about is Rock Around Barack.
  • Options

What exactly does calling them assholes achieve? Are we die-hard satisfied assholes for liking them?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    You're weird.

What the hell is wrong with the title "Marker in the Sand?" Why does that "take the cake."

You'll have to explain it to me. I don't think you can.

ps -- Please, please God tell me you don't think he means like a "Magic marker" in the sand ... because then you'd just be an idiot.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Jeanie, if you buy shit in a cup just because Pearl Jam did it, it may go beyond a "you'll take you get and like it" philosophy. :p

I didn't say I'd buy it! :p Just that I'd be glad to see it and appreciative of their efforts! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    I didn't say I'd buy it! :p Just that I'd be glad to see it and appreciative of their efforts! :D

"Drop the deuce! Drop the deuce! Get outta my "mucky" face!" :D
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    "Drop the deuce! Drop the deuce! Get outta my "mucky" face!" :D

:D Peeps around here are soooo creative! ;):p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D Peeps around here are soooo creative! ;):p

If shitting in a cup is your standard for creativity, it's an honour to be able to reach it. :D

I might also direct your attention to an infamous video that circled the webs a while back. :p