• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    shawndyer wrote:
    would anyone ever pay 1000 per ticket to see them in the 10th row

I hope not.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,940
    if it was their last show ever, yes, in a hearbeat. id pay 1,000 just to be in there actually, nevermind 10th row.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    shawndyershawndyer Posts: 269
    just curious cause seeing them that close would be awesome
  • Options
    I haven't seen Pearl Jam in five years ,because its hard to get a ticket through Tm or the Ten club. The shows in Seattle tend to sell out faster in two seconds. The ticket prices from TM and Tenclub are a bit over priced in my most humble opinion.

Save the Planet
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    If I was really desperate probably.

It means a lot to people who dont get the chance to see them much.
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Fucken oath I would!!!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Or would you rather cough up a grand + for this poster! I'm one to collect and obsess over the posters, but this is rediculous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-JAM-2000-PITTSBURG-MISSING-LINK-PITTSBURGH-POSTER_W0QQitemZ370045312284QQihZ024QQcategoryZ104990QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

**DISCLAIMER**
    I am not the seller, nor am I advocating this auction. I am just a guy who is up at 1 am shocked as hell at the prices people put on things!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    aye, its not even that nice is it??
  • Options
    no
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    shawndyer wrote:
    would anyone ever pay 1000 per ticket to see them in the 10th row

fuck that!! for a G i wouldn't take anything less than 2nd row!!
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    If I was wealthy enough where I could drop a 1000 bucks on something like that sure, assuming there wasn't something better for cheaper and it was something I really wanted to see. Plus how is spending a grand on tickets any different than the people who spend hundreds of dollars or more to fly across the country or overseas to see Pearl Jam? I mean is spending $1000 on a plane ticket to get to the show any different?
  • Options
    If I was wealthy enough where I could drop a 1000 bucks on something like that sure, assuming there wasn't something better for cheaper and it was something I really wanted to see. Plus how is spending a grand on tickets any different than the people who spend hundreds of dollars or more to fly across the country or overseas to see Pearl Jam? I mean is spending $1000 on a plane ticket to get to the show any different?

of course it's different.at least if you fly over seas or to a different state you can go site seeing,try different foods etc.
    there is more to it than the concert.
  • Options
    EisiEisi Posts: 61
    Well, me and my girlfriend have been to two Pearl Jam concerts and each ran at about 3500$-4000$.

Iceland isnt't exactly on the roster when it comes to bands touring Europe so we have to travel abroad to see them, no hard feelings though, it was worth it and well that. But for both trips we flew out, saw the show and flew home the next day.

But in no way do i think that we are paying more than everyone else, there are deffo loads of people in the same shoes.
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    of course it's different.at least if you fly over seas or to a different state you can go site seeing,try different foods etc.
    there is more to it than the concert.

That's true, but I was just thinking that for the most part it is about disposable income and if you have the money to drop without it making a big dent in your monthly budget.
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Like some other people here on the board I did in 2005 to go to the HOB Katrina Benefit show. Thanks to Julie (hsewf...who no longer posts here) I was 3 people away from the front. I would do it again in a heartbeat to have that experience. Not only was the show fantastic I met some very cool people that day.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    shawndyershawndyer Posts: 269
    woyld u think stub hub is the way to go and is it really a life changing experience