Options

Zippos all over the bay

ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
edited April 2008 in The Porch
there's now quite a few zippos on ebay -

Did we ever get OFFICIAL word on whether or not these will be sold through 10c?

When i asked the dude at the merch booth in SB, they didnt tell me anything of special orders on the spot, or anything of future sales on 10c goods.

I just want to know if they are for sure going to be up, cuz there's no way i'm spending $280.00 to light my cigs.........and at first i thought $30 was crazy.......WTH!!!
Previously known as Elzar
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    One of the guys at the merch booth said they would be sold through to 10C goods. I've seen him many times before, so I know he wasn't just "some dude"

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    One of the guys at the merch booth said they would be sold through to 10C goods. I've seen him many times before, so I know he wasn't just "some dude"

Peace

i'm just wondering if they were just telling people that to get them off their backs becuase i've heard mixed news on this - but i'll be at the SD show tomorrow, and i doubt i'll get there on time to score one, but i'll ask the merch guys if its for sure or not
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    ZAPPER wrote:
    i'm just wondering if they were just telling people that to get them off their backs becuase i've heard mixed news on this - but i'll be at the SD show tomorrow, and i doubt i'll get there on time to score one, but i'll ask the merch guys if its for sure or not

The guy seemed sincere.. He didn't have to tell me anything, I was already walking away. He explained that it takes 3 weeks to make a Zippo.. that's why they were so limited on the tour and their plans are to sell them on the website. I didn't hook him up to a lie detector, so I can't be sure, but as humans go, he seemed genuine. *laugh*

Sue
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    The guy seemed sincere.. He didn't have to tell me anything, I was already walking away. He explained that it takes 3 weeks to make a Zippo.. that's why they were so limited on the tour and their plans are to sell them on the website. I didn't hook him up to a lie detector, so I can't be sure, but as humans go, he seemed genuine. *laugh*

Sue
    LOL - ok thx for the info, got my fingers crossed on this one
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Eddie had a long speach about his Zippo at last nights show.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I missed out on the cool Zippos as well, but they did tell us they would be available on-line both in Santa Barbara and LA, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And yes, Ed sure did enjoy the Zippo story and re-enacting... ah....several alternate uses. (-;
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    Sittin in the morning sun...
    Dreaming about the brand new album...
    Hearing Ed's songs roll in...
    And then hearing them roll away, again...

Oh...
    There's Zippos all over the bay...
    Wonder how much some folks will pay?
    Oh, yeah...
    Price's getting high-yi-yi-yi...

I left my home in Motown...
    Headed for the west coast bay...
    Otis on my iPod...
    Thinking about what Ed might play...

Oh, now...
    Wonder how much some folks will pay?
    When 10Club starts to sell them...
    What will those folks finally say?

Because there's Zippos all over the bay...
    Price getting high-yi-yi-yi-yi...

(fade)
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:

really? what did he say in the speech?
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:

yeah,what did he say? fill in us east coasters who got screwed out of the solo shows!

(but we did get the whole band which is really nice too :))