Options

Here's to hoping it is this easy for MSG!

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I know ... I must be high. All I care about is getting some tickets. My 16 year old daughter finally wants me to take her to see PJ at the Garden. She has had no interest in PJ at all until now.

"Dad, you know the older I get, the better PJ sounds to me. I mean, the lyrics are so good and Eddie's voice is amazing."
Maybe not a direct quote but pretty close.

What kind of father would I be if I didn't score the tix tomorrow?
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    ditto. here's to getting msg tickets!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    i think it will be very easy. i mean look theres still tix to the southern shows ;)
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

BUFFALO wrote:
    i think it will be very easy. i mean look theres still tix to the southern shows ;)
    Wouldn't that be something.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Can someone summarize for me what makes seeing them at MSG so special? I know Live at MSG and the epic show they did back then, but is there just a special feel there for a PJ show? I haven't been at MSG so I don't know.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    seriously!

miestereder...simply put - the fans! sooooooo many people show up at MSG for pj, it's just amazing! and sure, we NYers are a passionate/vocal bunch all on our own...so if we love/hate ya...we show it! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    I know ... I must be high. All I care about is getting some tickets. My 16 year old daughter finally wants me to take her to see PJ at the Garden. She has had no interest in PJ at all until now.

"Dad, you know the older I get, the better PJ sounds to me. I mean, the lyrics are so good and Eddie's voice is amazing."
    Maybe not a direct quote but pretty close.

What kind of father would I be if I didn't score the tix tomorrow?

good luck, theres no greater gift than to pass down the PJ to your kin. i cant wait to play PJ endlessly for my kids
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    seriously!

miestereder...simply put - the fans! sooooooo many people show up at MSG for pj, it's just amazing! and sure, we NYers are a passionate/vocal bunch all on our own...so if we love/hate ya...we show it! :D

Gotcha. Thanks. And it makes sense. For me, San Diego 06 and Santa Barbara 03 have been the best shows I have been to. Cool to experience special crowds.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Can someone summarize for me what makes seeing them at MSG so special? I know Live at MSG and the epic show they did back then, but is there just a special feel there for a PJ show? I haven't been at MSG so I don't know.

it's seems special to them because they only play there every 5 years. you want to see a "special" show? come see them in Boston,it's their second home ya know :)

(the experiment night 3 blows any MSG show out of the water,or any other show for that matter!!)

sorry,i guess it's a Boston vs New York thing.gets my testosterone pumping! :D
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Despite the fact that it's run by a despicable person (Jim Dolan), the Garden is one of the few remaining old arenas. It has a ton of history with music, sports and other events and plus it's new york, so that enhances it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Shit a 16 year old girl who likes Pearl Jam is quite the rarity.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    it's seems special to them because they only play there every 5 years. you want to see a "special" show? come see them in Boston,it's their second home ya know :)

(the experiment night 3 blows any MSG show out of the water,or any other show for that matter!!)

sorry,i guess it's a Boston vs New York thing.gets my testosterone pumping! :D

msg 98 #2 better than mans 3

hands down

climbing the mic chord during alive cmon

mans was special because of the accoustic set...thats all otherwise just another very very good pj show
  • Options
    Looks like there are going to be enough tickets to go around, so does this mean I don't have to take off from work tomorrow to be at my pc to buy MSG tickets?
    Thank you for sharing this journey.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    msg 98 #2 better than mans 3

hands down

climbing the mic chord during alive cmon

mans was special because of the accoustic set...thats all otherwise just another very very good pj show

yeah cuz climbing the mic chord is way better than a marathon show opened by the greatest PJ acoustic set ever.**snicker,snicker**
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    yeah cuz climbing the mic chord is way better than a marathon show opened by the greatest PJ acoustic set ever.**snicker,snicker**

lol the mic was the icing on a kick ass show
  • Options
    playc3playc3 Posts: 9
    there's no doubt they enjoy playing boston and why wouldn't they? there's a lot to love about boston. but that mansfield show aside from the acoustic set was just a good show. solid. the boston fans trying to make it a boston vs new york thing gets really old really fast. i don't know if you can exactly claim it as their 2nd home. i mean shit, they've probably played west palm more than msg so what's that mean that west palm beach is now their 3rd home? I mean c'mon people. And mansfield just makes logistical sense when you're trying to attract fans from all over new england. sometimes its less about boston and more about simple economics. get over yourselves.
    "i'll take the varmint's path..
    oh and i must refuse your test.."
  • Options
  • Options
    playc3 wrote:
    there's no doubt they enjoy playing boston and why wouldn't they? there's a lot to love about boston. but that mansfield show aside from the acoustic set was just a good show. solid. the boston fans trying to make it a boston vs new york thing gets really old really fast. i don't know if you can exactly claim it as their 2nd home. i mean shit, they've probably played west palm more than msg so what's that mean that west palm beach is now their 3rd home? I mean c'mon people. And mansfield just makes logistical sense when you're trying to attract fans from all over new england. sometimes its less about boston and more about simple economics. get over yourselves.

don't piss on the parade man,i was having fun :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    i hope everything goes well tommorrow. i have a doctors appointment an hour after msg 2 goes up. hopefully it will be a regular doctors check up .. then a trip to the er with a heart attack.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Here's hoping everything will go ok! Will be a super trip for meself!

I do have a question though - will I know my seat no. when I buy my tickets? Or will I have to wait till I get there in June??
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Here's hoping everything will go ok! Will be a super trip for meself!

I do have a question though - will I know my seat no. when I buy my tickets? Or will I have to wait till I get there in June??

will find out in june when you pick up your tix.

will be nice to see/meet you again! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    will find out in june when you pick up your tix.

will be nice to see/meet you again! :)

Ah surprises so :) I guess there'll be no need for me to queue all day either - ah, how I miss those times :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ah surprises so :) I guess there'll be no need for me to queue all day either - ah, how I miss those times :D

it's to cut down on scalping, touts as you call em. if you don't know your exact seats, harder to 'advertise.'

and yes, no queuing for seats which is GREAT....thus why we have such fantastic preparties over here! only thing is, if you're a poster fiend, seems you have to queue to score a poster AT the show, or be at the mercy of EB and/or ebay later. while i'd REALLY like to get a poster, dunno if i am up for it interfering with my preparty enjoyment. we shall see.........:)

first, 10c tix to the gigs!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i have a quiz during the MSG2 sale so i really hope it goes like today and i can score some seats a half hour late or so.
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    snipes824 wrote:
    i have a quiz during the MSG2 sale so i really hope it goes like today and i can score some seats a half hour late or so.

i hope you can too, then i will defo have my tickets aswell seen as im goona be ready from the off :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Oh man, that would make my year.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    snipes824 wrote:

That would great for us too!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    I can rest easy tonight. Easy it wasn't, but in the end I am happy. I will bring my Daughter to her 1st PJ show. Should be fun.