Options

Mansfield or Hartford

northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
edited March 2008 in The Porch
If you had to choose between the two???? Can't afford to go to both (coming from Montreal...).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    mansfield

its no secret the band loves boston

and ill stop by and say hello when Im up there for the canadian grand prix
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    Mansfield hands down
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    go to mansfield because I think they will add a 2nd show. fingers crossed.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    MANSFIELD!

no question!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    probably mansfield. but i think they'll play a great show in hartford because of their short set in 2006 due to the cold and rain.
  • Options
    Mansfield is always phenomenal. Hopefully they'll add another show there too.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    mansfield

its no secret the band loves boston

and ill stop by and say hello when Im up there for the canadian grand prix

Love the Grand Prix....Hope to make it this year, no tickets last year...I don't support Ferrari though, I am a McLaren girl :)
  • Options
    Mansfield is always phenomenal. Hopefully they'll add another show there too.

Thanks for all your help....Mansfield it is. How far from Boston is it?
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    well, if you want what will probably be one of the most memorable on the tour, than go to Mansfield. If you want to fight for beer and a bathroom, smell Hartford, and get a shorter set list, than go to Conn..
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    Love the Grand Prix....Hope to make it this year, no tickets last year...I don't support Ferrari though, I am a McLaren girl :)

ahhhh
    Mr. Hamilton I presume. I have no real favorite, but I dislike Alonzo, swarmy dude that he is.

get the tix now, its selling quickly

mansfield is about 35 miles southwest of boston I believe
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    ahhhh
    Mr. Hamilton I presume. I have no real favorite, but I dislike Alonzo, swarmy dude that he is.

get the tix now, its selling quickly

mansfield is about 35 miles southwest of boston I believe

Again, my thanks for the info.
    ...and It's more the constructor than the pilot but yes, he is pretty cool to watch for such an early start in a career...
  • Options
    Mansfield for sure!! I saw Motley Crue & Aerosmith there a while back and the whole time i was at the concert i couldn't help but wish it was Pearl Jam (they have ruined me for all other artists :) )

it's about half an hour from Boston.

I'll see you there!!!!!
  • Options
    not sure about most memorable but i've been to a couple of show closers and they're always a treat...

state college for example
    Oh, no doubt, State was unreal, I was there also. But to answer this guys question, it is Mansfield. Mansfield 3 may be one of the top five of all time though....
  • Options
    not sure about most memorable but i've been to a couple of show closers and they're always a treat...

state college for example

That is what is killing me with this tour. I am definetly doing the MSG's and Hartford. Then I want to do Camden and Mansfield, but I think they are going to add shows. So if they add a Camden it would make more sense to do both Camdens and not do mansfield. But they may add a Mansfield and then the logical chioce would be do the two Mansfields, and it would most likely be the end of the tour(for now). But we wont know until after the first nights go on sale. I am not complaining it is just screwing with my plan. I could do the drive from long island to camden after work thurs for the show and still go to work on friday and then leave after work again on friday hit the show and stay somewhere. So right now I think if I really want I can do them all if I put aside some cash for it. Then again I could always just take off of work for camden and mansfield, since i dont have to at all for msg and hartford.

sorry just thinking out loud.

• Options
    simpleman wrote:
    Oh, no doubt, State was unreal, I was there also. But to answer this guys question, it is Mansfield. Mansfield 3 may be one of the top five of all time though....

yeah state college was amazing as was mansfield. i personally give the edge to state college.

• Options
    Again, my thanks for the info.
    ...and It's more the constructor than the pilot but yes, he is pretty cool to watch for such an early start in a career...

oooh
    a woman that knows her F1
    I like it, I like it a lot!
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    That is what is killing me with this tour. I am definetly doing the MSG's and Hartford. Then I want to do Camden and Mansfield, but I think they are going to add shows. So if they add a Camden it would make more sense to do both Camdens and not do mansfield. But they may add a Mansfield and then the logical chioce would be do the two Mansfields, and it would most likely be the end of the tour(for now). But we wont know until after the first nights go on sale. I am not complaining it is just screwing with my plan. I could do the drive from long island to camden after work thurs for the show and still go to work on friday and then leave after work again on friday hit the show and stay somewhere. So right now I think if I really want I can do them all if I put aside some cash for it. Then again I could always just take off of work for camden and mansfield, since i dont have to at all for msg and hartford.

wow....
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    yeah state college was amazing as was mansfield. i personally give the edge to state college.

7/11/03 is arguably the best show ever

three sets and one acoustic

tough to beat

and thats coming from someone who had backstage passes to randalls II 96'
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    4Powers20 wrote:

being from the same area, i have the same exact dilemma. camden or mansfield? hmm... i think camden is easier to do for me. i won't be able to take the port jeff ferry back after the mansfield show because it will be too late and driving around will make that trip so much longer than a possible camden trip.
  • Options
    simpleman wrote:
    wow....

i know i am crazy. but havent taken a day off since lolla, and I guess PJ shows are my favorite way to get away.

• Options
    i absolutely love that show...i can't stop listening to aty...

i really really appreciated the experiment...

to answer the guys question...

he needs to go to both ...PERIOD!

HE...is a SHE and SHE cannot go to both but could add one in Mansfield...Tuesday is a holiday here so that would be perfect...and the majority is telling me Mansfield so...I'll visit Boston between the 2 shows:)
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i live in ct, so hartford and one of the msg nights were definite for me. then i had to decide between mansfield or camden for the third show. i went with mansfield for a simple reason.. last show of a tour, pj always makes EPIC.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    mansfield... its the last show of the tour... they have a history of playing insanely long and good sets there... definitely a no brainer in my book!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Mansfield is a very chilled out atmosphere. The lawn is nice, the sound is really good, and the chilling in the parking lot before and after is a fun time. The weather should be really perfect (probably low 70's) that time of year as well.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.