Options

I go pulled over by the best cop ever. (pj related)

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I got pulled over for a random breath test, and I was good, hadn't been drinking but I was still shitting myself. The cop comes to the window, and I had pearl jam playing, he said "hey you a pearl Jam fan?" I said "yeh a big one, do you like them?" he said "yeh I love them, I have their albums, I've seen them a few times"

"Have you had anything to drink?" I said "yeh, just a miilkshake" he had a chuckle, I did the old count to 10 and it came back negative.

He even said jokingly "even if you blew a positive result, I would of let another pj fan off haha"

What a champion. We need more cops like that.
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Curly JoeCurly Joe Posts: 66
    Are you a WMA?

(A for Australian)
    motel money murder madness
  • Options
    Curly Joe wrote:
    Are you a WMA?

(A for Australian)

I am Australian, but what is the WM for? other then the pj song... I am cofused.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I got pulled over for a random breath test, and I was good, hadn't been drinking but I was still shitting myself. The cop comes to the window, and he said "hey you a pearl Jam fan?" I said "yeh a big one, do you like them?" he said "yeh I love them, I have their albums, I've seen them a few times"

"Have you had anything to drink?" I said "yeh, just a miilkshake" he had a chuckle, I did the old count to 10 and it came back negative.

He even said jokingly "even if you blew a positive result, I would of let another pj fan off haha"

how did the cop know you were a pj fan?
  • Options

Fair call, i was listneing to it, probably would of helped if I put some of the most important information in there. :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,125
    Thats funny...
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I got pulled over for a random breath test, and I was good, hadn't been drinking but I was still shitting myself. The cop comes to the window, and I had pearl jam playing, he said "hey you a pearl Jam fan?" I said "yeh a big one, do you like them?" he said "yeh I love them, I have their albums, I've seen them a few times"

yeah we really need more cops that will let drunks on the roads cause they like the same music
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    yeah we really need more cops that will let drunks on the roads cause they like the same music

I'm sure there was sarcasm involved in what the cop said. The cop obviously wasn't a tightass..unlike some people around.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,803
    bovy_j wrote:
    I'm sure there was sarcasm involved in what the cop said. The cop obviously wasn't a tightass..unlike some people around.
    ding ding ding!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    wow! you guys have random breath tests down there?? crazy!
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options

Um, r u serious? of course if I blew a positive result he wouldn't of let me off, it was a joke. he was being sarcastic:

Definition: Sarcasm.

Pronunciation: \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
    Date: 1550
    1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
    2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:

Yeah, cops often set up a "booze bus" on the side of the road, kust pulling random cars into it. Or they will just pull you over, and say "this is a random breath test"

But I think it is great that they have it, because we have a lot of deaths on our roads, especially with young people. So anything that will deter people and save a life is well worth it.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Yeah, cops often set up a "booze bus" on the side of the road, kust pulling random cars into it. Or they will just pull you over, and say "this is a random breath test"

But I think it is great that they have it, because we have a lot of deaths on our roads, especially with young people. So anything that will deter people and save a life is well worth it.

yeah i dont think its such a bad thing. it just doesnt fly over here, not to say it wont ever as we are losing our rights more and more everyday. over here, police here need a "reason" to pull you over. it does happen though, its is pretty easy for them to make up a "reason". i do feel uncomfortable when i do get hauled over at random.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I am Australian, but what is the WM for? other then the pj song... I am cofused.

white male american... white male australian.
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • Options
    random breath test?

THAT is some fucking bullshit!
    Nice cop or not.
    I'm glad that is in Australia.

Fuck that!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:
    yeah i dont think its such a bad thing. it just doesnt fly over here, not to say it wont ever as we are losing our rights more and more everyday. over here, police here need a "reason" to pull you over. it does happen though, its is pretty easy for them to make up a "reason". i do feel uncomfortable when i do get hauled over at random.

what part of canada do you live? nunavut?
    last time i checked, checkstops are everywhere on the streets...and yea it does fly
    and checking if someone has been drinking while they are operating a half-ton bullet isnt really making up a "reason"
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    random breath test?

Nice cop or not.

Fuck that!

and in 8 years of driving, i have been tested once...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    white male american... white male australian.

Yep, White, male australian.... And proud of it.

P.S, great name. In my top 3 albums I would have to say.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000

He could smell the weed. Hhahahaha.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    How is a random breath check any different than a random sobriety check?

we have those in the US on a weekly basis
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    gfraser wrote:
    are you kidding? I though that random breath test were used everywhere
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I got pulled over for a random breath test,

They can just pull you over and give a random test? Without any probable cause? I know we have road blocks in the states but random pulling over would suck!!!!
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    gfraser wrote:

we have them here 2
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    tschoesstschoess Posts: 44
    random breath test?

Nice cop or not.

Fuck that!

One thing we Austrians have in common with the Australians.

Especially on Saturday Nights so called "Planquadrate" which means grid square check each car passing.

But you can deny to blow in the breath tester - which earns you a trip to the next hospital for a blood test (and a few minutes that eventually will lower your alcohol level)
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

ah yes,police state brain washing to the point where you embrace your own oppression.

Fan-fucking-tastic!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    not cool.
    what i took from 1st post: cops are dirty.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    random breath test?

Nice cop or not.

Fuck that!
    Until someone you know dies from being hit by a Drunk Driver.
  • Options
    r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    i'm just confused as to why you kept the music playing after getting pulled over...normally around california at least in my experience everyone's first reaction is to completely shut off the car & music.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • Options
    Until someone you know dies from being hit by a Drunk Driver.

unless the cops pull over every car then it don't mean shit,you won't be able to rid the roads of drunk drivers totally.

plenty of people die in car accidents every day that have nothing to do with drinking & driving,are the cops going to do random car inspections?test your breaks and transmission etc.

now if they had random aptitude checks and got all these assholes off the street who some how obtained a license but can't drive for shit,i might be willing to support that.(just joking,fascism is fascism no matter how you look at it)
  • Options
    Should've been playing PJ when I got pulled over for some other crap...my mistake was playing fucking Smashing Pumpkins...so I got 2 tickets. Fuck!!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i was always taught to turn off the radio when you get pulled over as a sign of respect and so theres no miscommunication... might have to reconsider next time :)

this cop sounds like trouble... letting PJ fans drunk drive freely... no dice
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/