Options

Will Ed back Ralph Nader?

Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Do you think Ed or Pearl Jam will back Nader again?

Not surprised he is running, but thought he would have let us know a little earlier. This certainly throws a wrench in the works, I was just becoming comfy w/ Obabma.
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I suspect he already does...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    When I read the thread title I thought is said "Is Ed the Black Ralph Nader" :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    maybe Ed does.
    ..but the others would look like fools if they do now after all the silliness with Obama
  • Options
    During the last election when Rolling Stone did the write up for VFC, Ed was interviewed and had said that Nader should step aside and that after the election he could continue his fight. It sounds like Ed knew that his running would hurt the Dems.
  • Options
    Don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved!
  • Options
    It's unfortunate that the choice will be between McCain and Obama. If Americans really valued their rights and freedoms, they would've voted for Ron Paul in droves. Yes, Obama is an inspiring figure, but his left wing policies would put us in an even deeper hole. Bush has been an absolute disaster, McCain is a joke, Hillary will be out of the game soon, and Nader doesn't stand a chance (Thank God).

We're screwed. Hopefully, some PJ shows will ease my pain.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    nader should skip running and work on the party, he should not be the face, they need to work on the mechanics IMO. that is all
    one love

respect
  • Options
    October22 wrote:
    no, i don't think so. not publicly, anyway.
    I agree. It seems he's pussied out like most americans and instead of voting his heart and who he truly believes in he'll support someone else just to beat the other candidate. It's madness.
  • Options
    I agree. It seems he's pussied out like most americans and instead of voting his heart and who he truly believes in he'll support someone else just to beat the other candidate. It's madness.

Yeah, it sucks thats what people have resorted to, but desperate times call for desperate measures...
  • Options
    I think it's interesting that you seem to think you know Ed's heart.
  • Options

Madness? Its the rational choice. Nader has no shot to win and never will. It's madness to continue to suport Nader if you would rather have a dem in office than a republican. Nader can't win and yet hurts the dems more than the repubs. Glad to see Eddie has a brain and isn't a completely blind idealist.
  • Options
    No he won't.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that's great....but all this "Ron Paul would solve all our problems" stuff is just comical to me. And that's my opinion.

Nader is pretty much a joke too....and that's coming from someone who voted for him 2 elections ago...just to send a message.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    Nader can screw the Dems again!!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    Nader can screw the Dems again!!

yeah, maybe more people will lose their healthcare, jobs, homes, and their children to war; we were all screwed!
  • Options
    I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that's great....but all this "Ron Paul would solve all our problems" stuff is just comical to me. And that's my opinion.

He "could" fix this country if there wasn't so much opposition from the people who are destroying it on purpose,the ones who control Clinton & Obama.
  • Options
    Seems like you folks are over-simplifying the issue.

Nader's role in the current election really depends on which state you live in.

As a citizen of Massachusetts, I could vote for Nader and be 100% sure that the electoral college in MA will ultimately go democrat; maybe not the case in, say, Ohio.

Personally, I welcome ANYONE into the race. I don't think Ralph will be, or ever was, a spoiler. Obama and Hillary are both running on platforms of renewable energy, withdrawl from Iraq, and better health care. These are all things Ralph (and others) have talked about in the past, and Nader's plans in particular are actually more extreme than either Obama's or Hillary's; their ideas about renewable energy read like "Nader lite." But that they're even talking about those things shows that the more progressive politicians out there (Nader, Ron Paul, Kucinich, etc) are having an effect. The people behind Obama aren't blind; they saw Ralph get 2.7% of the popular vote in 2000, and they understand that the things he was talking about were striking a chord with an awful lot of people.
  • Options
    It's unfortunate that the choice will be between McCain and Obama. If Americans really valued their rights and freedoms, they would've voted for Ron Paul in droves. Yes, Obama is an inspiring figure, but his left wing policies would put us in an even deeper hole. Bush has been an absolute disaster, McCain is a joke, Hillary will be out of the game soon, and Nader doesn't stand a chance (Thank God).

We're screwed. Hopefully, some PJ shows will ease my pain.

Ron Paul is the anti-christ.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    I like Ron Paul too but something must be wrong with him for all of the hate groups to be funding his campaign. He has received millions from the KKK and other hate groups. He's come out and said he doesn't agree with them but he still accepted their money. Something fishy there.

The bigger question is will there be a Vote For Change Tour this year? And will it come to Florida?
    He "could" fix this country if there wasn't so much opposition from the people who are destroying it on purpose,the ones who control Clinton & Obama.
  • Options
    daughter68 wrote:
    yeah, maybe more people will lose their healthcare, jobs, homes, and their children to war; we were all screwed!

I dont know about you but since I work my ass off I have healthcare, a home and my brother in law has come home from Iraq 3 times while active duty, 3 times from Afghanistan while active duty and about 4 times since doing private contracting....
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Who the fuck is Ralph Nader?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    I like Ron Paul too but something must be wrong with him for all of the hate groups to be funding his campaign. He has received millions from the KKK and other hate groups. He's come out and said he doesn't agree with them but he still accepted their money. Something fishy there.

The bigger question is will there be a Vote For Change Tour this year? And will it come to Florida?

Yes,it's that easy to discredit him in the eyes of the ignorant.

I assure you he is no racist as others may claim.The scum who run shit from behind the scenes are afraid of Ron Paul because he would seek to undo all they have worked so hard to achieve(the destruction of this country).

Don't be another sheep controlled by the wolf,teaching you to fear the Shepard.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I don't mind if Ed wants to throw his support behind Nader again.

I would probably not let it sway my opinion that a vote for Nader is a wasted one, though.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    I hope Ed and everyone else votes for who they view would be the best choice and who stands for what they believe in.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Yes,it's that easy to discredit him in the eyes of the ignorant.

I assure you he is no racist as others may claim.The scum who run shit from behind the scenes are afraid of Ron Paul because he would seek to undo all they have worked so hard to achieve(the destruction of this country).

Don't be another sheep controlled by the wolf,teaching you to fear the Shepard.

lol... life is really simple when you divide people into good guys (your side) and bad guys (people you disagree with who must be trying to destroy the country).

I don't care if someone is a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Communist, this is a very closed minded way to think. .... just sayin
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Do you think Ed or Pearl Jam will back Nader again?

Not surprised he is running, but thought he would have let us know a little earlier. This certainly throws a wrench in the works, I was just becoming comfy w/ Obabma.
    I don't know and I don't care. Vedder/Pearl Jam aren't much of a political compass for me.

Either way, Nader's a fair waste of time and, whether *you* like it or not, a fair waste of a vote.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    well i was planning on voting for peter parker(spider-man) cause i dont like anyone running but i was gonna let them know i still pay attention. now im gonna vote for nader. maybe nader wont win but at least they will see some people wont pick the choices they give use if we dont like those choices.
  • Options
    god i hope not! for all the people who said there was no difference between gore and bush in 2000 that worked out real well!
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Who the fuck is Ralph Nader?

Someone who works for the GOP to help steal elections.
  • Options
    Nader is just damaging his own legacy at this point. The word Nader is practically political jokery. Considering some of the respectable things he's done, him running AGAIN is really a shame.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!