Options

Has anyone ever randomly called Eddie Vedder?

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited February 2008 in The Porch
He's always like, giving out his number and telling people to call him...I've always found that kinda weird...but anyway, has anyone ever called him?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    He's always like, giving out his number and telling people to call him...I've always found that kinda weird...but anyway, has anyone ever called him?

On the night of the first self pollutution show I called, but he had left. Talked to someone in the house who wouldn't let me know who they were. They seemed nice enough and drunk out of their mind!! So, I guess the answer for me is no.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    On the night of the first self pollutution show I called, but he had left. Talked to someone in the house who wouldn't let me know who they were. They seemed nice enough and drunk out of their mind!! So, I guess the answer for me is no.

I called too!

I got the answering machine, Eddie saying:

"Hi This is Eddie and Beth. I stepped out to the store. We needed some ... uh ... hey Beth! What am i getting, again? [muted reply] ... Oh yeah! Milk! I need to get some milk! Please leave a message after the beep, and WE'll listen to it."

Or something like that.

Lol.

Of course the tape was full.
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    phone sex anyone?!?:o
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I got through the next day after the broadcast & got the machine. It said something about how he needed to cut the lawn & do some laundry......
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    nah, I have never called Ed, but every time I walk outside Shakira and Eva Longoria try to give me thier phone numbers, telling me to call anytime!
    How many times do I have to tell them, I have a gf... Stone has been texting me his number constantly all the time too, why can't these guys just leave us alone?
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    dont know about ed, but im on boom's speed dial. :D

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    Stone sometimes calls me for a booty call.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    a father of a friend of mine did business with roger waters so i called once about 15 years ago, i hung up i was too nervous to say anything to him
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    the uniondale show in 03 eddie gives out his number during not for you, i tried a bunch of times but he says the damn number so fast it was impossible
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    pjtaper wrote:
    nah, I have never called Ed, but every time I walk outside Shakira and Eva Longoria try to give me thier phone numbers, telling me to call anytime!
    How many times do I have to tell them, I have a gf... Stone has been texting me his number constantly all the time too, why can't these guys just leave us alone?

You too?!

he he he :D
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    all i can think of is that charles barkley commercial - call anytime... anytime? yeah anytime, alrighty then!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    a5pj wrote:
    all i can think of is that charles barkley commercial - call anytime... anytime? yeah anytime, alrighty then!

"yeah...sam? hey its eddie. im at the gorge right now, im wondering if i should open with Go, Severed Hand or Release?"
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    the uniondale show in 03 eddie gives out his number during not for you, i tried a bunch of times but he says the damn number so fast it was impossible
    I was thinking of the same show.
    I tried listening to it a lot of times, but never figured it out.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    one time my friend called me from denver, ironically it was the day after benaroya hall came out... he claimed that he was sitting in a hotel lobby with mike. my friend has no idea who mike is... but he said all these people were talking to him and he said he was mike from pearl jam. i didn't really believe my friend and then he's like hold on, and he puts mike on the phone!! I still didnt believe it was him even when i was talking to him. so i started quizing him. i was like, what did you guys release yesterday, he said the live recording from benaroya and he laughed. he seemed like he was getting pissed off. he said they were in denver to play a show, but i found no records of mike playing there. i guess ill never know if it was really him...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272

Whenever I listen to that boot it sounds to me like he isn't saying enough numbers.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    I make call.
  • Options
    pjcincipjcinci Posts: 223
    pm me the number and i will call him and ask him about what kind of setlist to expect
  • Options
    ....You mean to tell me that Eddie bitched about people being crazy and not leaving him alone...But yet he used to give out his number at shows??? That ruins Eddie for me a little bit. Its pretty hypocritical if you ask me.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    BinGnarly wrote:
    ....You mean to tell me that Eddie bitched about people being crazy and not leaving him alone...But yet he used to give out his number at shows??? That ruins Eddie for me a little bit. Its pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

the only time i know of him doing it was on the self-pollution broadcast. that uniondale thing i think is him just yelling random numbers and bullshitting. plus you cant understand it.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    BinGnarly wrote:
    he was younger and naive about giving out details.... :p

he must change his number alot.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    BinGnarly wrote:
    That ruins Eddie for me a little bit.

hahahaha.. Eddie is ruined...
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    me too, but it just kept ringing busy. i got too nervous to keep trying so i stopped :o lol
  • Options
    I am shocked that he gave out his number.
    Hell I would call just to see what happens.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    rockstars change their #'s all the time...no matter how carefull they are, it only takes one person to turn their number into a hotline.
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    No, but there are times when he won't stop calling me. :mad:
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    i've called him an asshole for not playing the east coast.
  • Options
    He said if you ever need his number just call the NSA "I'm sure they have it"
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Stone has been texting me his number constantly all the time too, why can't these guys just leave us alone?

Yeah....I think Ed's GF was stalking me for a while. I'd get these hang ups and weird phone calls...I was like, "....Give it up! I CAN"T HELP IT IF ED DIGS ME!!!!! Please, please please....just get passed it already."

I still get the random weird 206 area code # hang up followed by a few blocked calls. I try to say...."I 'm not interested in him any more ...not since he's sporting the facial hair!!"...but I think she got jealous of me again after he shaved a few months ago.

GOD!
    sometimes life don't leave you alone