Options

Whats the 420 on Cruzan

tmantman Posts: 158
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Any locals want to give us all some sage advise?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    tman wrote:
    Any locals want to give us all some sage advise?
    bring your own
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    That much is for certain but how is it going in etc?
  • Options
    the jamthe jam Posts: 31
    i'm local and going to the show, but what do you mean by sage advise?
  • Options
    Dirty StuartDirty Stuart Posts: 182
    the jam wrote:
    i'm local and going to the show, but what do you mean by sage advise?

I think its about growing herbs...

Growing sage:

Exposure: Full sun, Partial shade
    Hardiness: Hardy
    Soil type: Well-drained/light

Hope this helps

:P
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    By sage I just was throwing out a little pun on Herb!
  • Options
    tman wrote:
    That much is for certain but how is it going in etc?
    60 for an 1/8
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    60 for Henry is a little high, it better be good. I've gone to WPB the last few times PJ was in town, and also saw Snoop Dogg open up for RedHotCP there. I brought Mary all 3 times, and enjoyed her during every show. It was funny at the Red Hot show, every time I'd spark up, this guy next to me who I didn't even know would start smiling and gesturing for me to pass it to him, like we were buddies or somethin'. Just be careful, cautious, aware and respectful of who's around you. It's easy just about anywhere there, as it's an outdoor open venue. There is more security around seated areas as opposed to the lawn obviously. Be safe and don't do anything illegal ;)
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    fugawzi wrote:
    60 for Henry is a little high, it better be good. I've gone to WPB the last few times PJ was in town, and also saw Snoop Dogg open up for RedHotCP there. I brought Mary all 3 times, and enjoyed her during every show. It was funny at the Red Hot show, every time I'd spark up, this guy next to me who I didn't even know would start smiling and gesturing for me to pass it to him, like we were buddies or somethin'. Just be careful, cautious, aware and respectful of who's around you. It's easy just about anywhere there, as it's an outdoor open venue. There is more security around seated areas as opposed to the lawn obviously. Be safe and don't do anything illegal ;)

They've upped the security at Cruzan from pervious times i've been there... I went to see radiohead earlier this month and there was security and police officers all over the place even around the lawn .... many of my friends had to wait til dark to spark up...

I dont smoke at PJ shows (just PJ shows though) but to the initial poster good luck finding some good stuff... :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    They've upped the security at Cruzan from pervious times i've been there... I went to see radiohead earlier this month and there was security and police officers all over the place even around the lawn .... many of my friends had to wait til dark to spark up...

I dont smoke at PJ shows (just PJ shows though) but to the initial poster good luck finding some good stuff... :)

damn, not what I'm wanting to hear. But if you think about it, I guess that's standard everywhere these days. Increased security, police presence. It's ridiculous. Why not PJ shows Mrs? Those are the best to blaze to.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
    Funny, at the Chicago United Center show in 2006 the guy next to me blazed up during the opening notes of Release..the opening song, and right away an usher came over to get him...he dropped his bag under his seat before the usher could get to him(was about a quarter), but still got taken out. I leaned down during the next song, and scooped it up and enjoyed (had a hitter on me).
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • Options

30 years old and you still smoke....i'm sorry but thats kind of a joke i think. leave it to the kids
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    it's an outdoor venue but there are "No Smoking" signs....
    at Radiohead the guys next to me smoked so much, it was incredible.

everyone smokes there.

did you want to know anything else about the venue?

driving in can take awhile.
    getting out of the regular parking lot can take a very long time.

I was there twice in the past two weeks and I decided I really like it -
    especially sections 1 - 2 - or 3....
    and when you get a nice breeze and the palm trees are swaying,
    it's really enjoyable.

the drive sucks, but the venue is nice :)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    wilmack88 wrote:
    30 years old and you still smoke....i'm sorry but thats kind of a joke i think. leave it to the kids

I hope you're kidding. If you're not then just consider this. There are millions of "adults" who smoke and lead successful lives. I know because I'm friends with some of them. College professors, attorneys, doctors, journalists, musicians, chefs, I could go on and on and on many of them smoke. Even former presidents. So open your mind up a little will ya? Thanks. You're not superior or more mature than anyone because you choose not to smoke and no, people's lifestyles aren't a "joke" because they choose to smoke. PJ is the best band ever.
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    fugawzi wrote:
    I hope you're kidding. If you're not then just consider this. There are millions of "adults" who smoke and lead successful lives. I know because I'm friends with some of them. College professors, attorneys, doctors, journalists, musicians, chefs, I could go on and on and on many of them smoke. Even former presidents. So open your mind up a little will ya? Thanks. You're not superior or more mature than anyone because you choose not to smoke and no, people's lifestyles aren't a "joke" because they choose to smoke. PJ is the best band ever.

Well said. And 60 is a lot for an eighter (never heard of a henry, might have to start using that). I'm so glad I live in CA!
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    nocodelover22nocodelover22 Posts: 108
    Funny, at the Chicago United Center show in 2006 the guy next to me blazed up during the opening notes of Release..the opening song, and right away an usher came over to get him...he dropped his bag under his seat before the usher could get to him(was about a quarter), but still got taken out. I leaned down during the next song, and scooped it up and enjoyed (had a hitter on me).

HAHA! That post cracked me up.

I almost got kicked out of a White Stripes concert at the door for having like 3 joints on me lol It's a rock show mr. security, CMON! Seriously though, I know it's there job, but it's just a downer when the man takes your green. (Luckily, I had hash in my wallet, which they didn't bother with...badass concert)
  • Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    Well said. And 60 is a lot for an eighter (never heard of a henry, might have to start using that). I'm so glad I live in CA!
    60 really isn't that bad for a "henry" when it's good shit, use to pay 50 a few months ago but times are different now
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    LukinFan wrote:
    60 really isn't that bad for a "henry" when it's good shit, use to pay 50 a few months ago but times are different now

Out here, for 60, it better be ridiculous! And this is San Diego. In San Fran if you ask for more than 50 you'll be laughed at. I got a bomb one last weekend for 40 and the guy apologized...
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    Thanks to tthose that had shared their insights Thus far, it certainly isn't like the old days when I could go to a club show in Seattle and not have to worry about being harrased. Do you all think the front will be a no go for some altered states enjoyment? Is it only possible on the lawn?
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    Boston MABoston MA Posts: 207
    fugawzi wrote:
    Me successful financial advisor for 10+ years and a rock concert promoter booking agent on the side. And I'm starting another new business and just designed something for my gf's kick ass side job in radio. And...uh forget it you don't want to hear all the good stuff I've done but I am representative of the point you made. And I know many others the same. Artists, label heads, professional radio people, scientists, doctors, professional writers for major newspapers, heads of major depts at uni, professors, lawyers, accountants, etc.
  • Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    Out here, for 60, it better be ridiculous! And this is San Diego. In San Fran if you ask for more than 50 you'll be laughed at. I got a bomb one last weekend for 40 and the guy apologized...
    oh it is ridiculous- each and every week. I guess the older I get, the more of a weed snob I've become. I can't pay for shit anymore. Life's too short to smoke bad shit. And I'm not saying that your stuff is shit, that's just what it costs here. Trust me, I wish it was still only 50
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    fugawzi wrote:
    I hope you're kidding. If you're not then just consider this. There are millions of "adults" who smoke and lead successful lives. I know because I'm friends with some of them. College professors, attorneys, doctors, journalists, musicians, chefs, I could go on and on and on many of them smoke. Even former presidents.

I knew Gerald Ford was a stoner!
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    LukinFan wrote:
    oh it is ridiculous- each and every week. I guess the older I get, the more of a weed snob I've become. I can't pay for shit anymore. Life's too short to smoke bad shit. And I'm not saying that your stuff is shit, that's just what it costs here. Trust me, I wish it was still only 50

AMEN! I kinda got spoiled after visiting Amsterdam (highly recommend a visit ,40 for henry) . Stocked up before the last 2 PJ euro shows last year. 60 is about right for here in fla. There is a bit more security now at the Cruzan but nothing really to worry about. Just be alittle careful and enjoy the show.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    wilmack88 wrote:

How do you know I'm 30?

and yes I smoke.... I don't wake and bake but I smoke on the weekends or when I go to a show (unless its a PJ show), My husband smokes and he is 33 and so does my father in law and he is 61!

What does age have to do with it?
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    60 for an 1/8

I would say that's about right....
    I get 1/8 for $50 here in Miami, but my hubby has known him for sometime so he cuts us a break.. I rather pay $60 to smoke good stuff that less to smoke rags..
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    damn, not what I'm wanting to hear. But if you think about it, I guess that's standard everywhere these days. Increased security, police presence. It's ridiculous. Why not PJ shows Mrs? Those are the best to blaze to.

I don't know.... I had a bad experience the last time I did and I don't remember anything about the show...

I flew to Seattle for the day for the Groundwork show, really nice seats and I was so excited to see Pearl and REM share the stage, these girls were sparking up right next to me and they passed it and I smoked and OMG! that shit knocked me right on my ass, I don't remember shit of the Pearl Jam set or the REM set.... I was so pissed while I flew back to Miami, I knew I had been there but couldn't remember a thing..... from that day I decided I would never smoke at a PJ show again, I enjoy their shows to much to not remember them later - LOL ... any other show its game though :D
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:

agreed 100%
  • Options
    Notch89Notch89 Posts: 71
    LukinFan wrote:

You can still get the good stuff down here in S. FL for $45-$50 a 1/8 all day long.:)
  • Options
    Notch89 wrote:
    You can still get the good stuff down here in S. FL for $45-$50 a 1/8 all day long.:)
    Nice! I need some driving "music",so I think I'll bring my own just in case- it makes the trip a lot more interesting :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I don't know.... I had a bad experience the last time I did and I don't remember anything about the show...

I flew to Seattle for the day for the Groundwork show, really nice seats and I was so excited to see Pearl and REM share the stage, these girls were sparking up right next to me and they passed it and I smoked and OMG! that shit knocked me right on my ass, I don't remember shit of the Pearl Jam set or the REM set.... I was so pissed while I flew back to Miami, I knew I had been there but couldn't remember a thing..... from that day I decided I would never smoke at a PJ show again, I enjoy their shows to much to not remember them later - LOL ... any other show its game though :D
    That's b/c you smoked a stranger's shit. As long as you know what you're smoking, it shouldn't be a problem.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Notch89Notch89 Posts: 71
    LukinFan wrote:
    Nice! I need some driving "music",so I think I'll bring my own just in case- it makes the trip a lot more interesting :)

Where are you driving in from?