Options

Into the Wild Over Sold

Comments

• Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    skere26 wrote:
    anyone get a shipping notice who ordered yesterday?

is a shipping notice different than a order confirmation???
    one love

respect
  • Options
    hiding wrote:
    is a shipping notice different than a order confirmation???

Yes--two totally different things. I'd also be curious to know if anyone who ordered YESTERDAY received a SHIPPING confirmation.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    Yes--two totally different things. I'd also be curious to know if anyone who ordered YESTERDAY received a SHIPPING confirmation.
    i would guess its going to take a few days for any of us to get a shipping notice.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Not really as they said 'This item will ship to arrive around the release date of January 29th'

I stand corrected!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I ordered last week and have not received a shipping notice..I'm starting to get worried..
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    My understanding is that they're the 'official' distributor for the label releasing the LP, so it's unlikely they'll be able to get more stock.

and for everyone that moans about the problem on TODAY's sale... they actually got out of their ways to cancel the scalpers sales of last week..

so think of it that way: even if you don't get one on today's sale, the people who did are most likely real fans rather than the flippers that 'bought' them last week.. and you wouldn't have had even the chance to try for 1 today if they hadn't cancelled those orders then re-sold them anyway..

wait, were all of the Jan. 15 orders cancelled or just certain ones?
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    lowlight10 wrote:
    wait, were all of the Jan. 15 orders cancelled or just certain ones?

Pretty sure if you only ordered 1 you are all good. If you ordered 2 , you order was changed to 1.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    I refreshed the page right after it turned 12p yesterday, and got right in. It did take a while to process my cc, but i recieved two confirmation emails:
    One from Karen as a confirmation receipt, and the other from Aural as a confirmation email for order ref. #. I have yet to recieve any other shipping confirmation, and my cc is still in "temp" status.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,086
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:

It's really simple...
    you need 14 credit cards with 14 different adresses, then you get the jack pot !

Was it dumb or a really good move he did ???

He's probably not a big fan, so I'd say it was a really clever move (:
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    AS mentioned on another thread... if you ordered and seemed to get it yesterday you still might not get it. They oversold 70 copies and the people who will get the records will be picked at random.

Copied from another thread.
    "Yes, my wife called the store because I was working and they said they where at -70 and weren't taking any more orders. My order had gone thru, so my wife asked if that meant we had one. They said it was random and the store would refund the remaining orders. So as of right now I assume I'm not getting one. I guess I can pray I get chosen at random, but not much luck of that happening."
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    tuumi wrote:
    AS mentioned on another thread... if you ordered and seemed to get it yesterday you still might not get it. They oversold 70 copies and the people who will get the records will be picked at random.

Copied from another thread.
    "Yes, my wife called the store because I was working and they said they where at -70 and weren't taking any more orders. My order had gone thru, so my wife asked if that meant we had one. They said it was random and the store would refund the remaining orders. So as of right now I assume I'm not getting one. I guess I can pray I get chosen at random, but not much luck of that happening."

I contacted them and they told me they were going in order requests were received, nothing mentioned about being random.

"Hi,

We can only go based on the order in which we received the orders.

Thanks
    Steve "
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    This is what I got from them :(
    'All orders are being restricted to no more than one copy and are being filled based on when the order was received, in the event that we do not have sufficient stock the newest orders will be cancelled. We are doing our utmost to make sure all orders are filled, but this is taking some time as we have to check for duplicate orders etc... (which will be cancelled) & for orders with more than one copy on them (which will be reduced to one copy).'
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    1 per order/person is a good idea. order it from somewhere else in a few weeks if need an extra copy.
  • Options
    got my email today,PAYMENT FAILED,yeah because they didnt want to take the money,there is nothing wrong with any aspect of my paypal account,if they over sold then they should just come clean,why on earth mess folk about,very very unprofessional.
    ps good luck to everyone else,but i am pissed!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    got my email today,PAYMENT FAILED,yeah because they didnt want to take the money,there is nothing wrong with any aspect of my paypal account,if they over sold then they should just come clean,why on earth mess folk about,very very unprofessional.
    That really sucks. Sorry you are getting screwed. I hope you can find a reasonably priced one soon.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Bummer, though I thought you got one from the 10C.. missed out on that one too, then!

My payment is still 'pending'. I know they don't take payment until they ship but still... Well, at least no e-mail saying payment failed yet.
  • Options
    i haven't heard either way yet. i'll let you guys know when i do.
    the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
  • Options
    $61 on EBay already.
  • Options
    checked my order status on their site and it appears that i never ordered. others might wanna try this to see where they stand.
    the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Bummer, though I thought you got one from the 10C.. missed out on that one too, then!

My payment is still 'pending'. I know they don't take payment until they ship but still... Well, at least no e-mail saying payment failed yet.
    yep mine said payment pending one week after ordering,i never got one thru the 10c but i did thank them on the forum for the aural exploits heads up,my guess is that you have probably missed out:(
    check your emails,PAYMENT FAILED is what i got.
  • Options
    How do you see your order status? Track order?

• Options
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    Get out your crying towel.
    quote]

Comming soon, Pearl Jam crying towels! Limited to 27. On sale at midnight. 1 per member. Good Luck!

• Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    it would be impossible to make enough of those towels
  • Options
    I got an email that mine was shipped yesterday.

Thankfully, looks like I was luckier than some, I would have been really pissed if I had not got it.
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    adhesive3 wrote:
    Not to be a jerk, but they need to get in touch with other record stores or the distributor and fix this by securing enough copies to match what they just sold in 5 minutes.

It's 100% unacceptable to run a business like this, no matter how friendly or small the business is. Maybe its the businessman in me, but that's how I would fix it.

Depending what kind of shopping cart they use on the website, it could cause an over sell situation. Their site "could have" been overwhelmed by untypical sales at once and their inventory counts were not keeping up.
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Did you order yours on monday the 21?
  • Options
    I got an email from steve at @auralexploits and it said that they are gonna try and capture the failed payments later today,so good luck everyone!
    I dont think i will be getting one because i was a little rude,just shows it pays to be nice ha ha
  • Options
    I got an email from steve at @auralexploits and it said that they are gonna try and capture the failed payments later today,so good luck everyone!
    I dont think i will be getting one because i was a little rude,just shows it pays to be nice ha ha
    cant say i blame ya tho... no one here would even know that they ran out if the OP hadnt posted something about them overselling which he/she only knew from asking... i mean dont say "payment failed" if the actually situation was that you over sold... and if their intent was to fix the failed payments later on they shouldve made that clear in the email they sent out too... i understand its a bad situation for this company to be in but it doesnt seem like they dealt with it that well... hope everyone gets one that ordered one!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/