Options

Into the Wild Over Sold

grungejunkygrungejunky Posts: 49
edited January 2008 in The Porch
hey guys,
thought id give you the heads up. Into the wild was over sold over at aurelexploits.com . i just got of the phone with one of the guys who works there trying to correct my shipping problem and he let me know that its the least of their problems b/c they had in fact over sold. they are gonna go through and see who got them on a first come first serve basis. good luck to all, i dont know that i was quick enough.
the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oh and secondly please dont call and give them grief they sound like they are gonna have a hell of a day and were very kind to me on the phone.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Sure glad mine was bought from the 10C.

Sorry for all those who may be affected by this.
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    I was checked out and had my confirmation email by 2:03p Central time but who knows they could have had only a few extra and sold out within seconds not minutes (keeping fingers crossed!)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

me too :)
  • Options
    well your in better shape than me. i dont think i got checked out until five after. the email came around 3:08. so we will see.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    aNiMaL wrote:

Sorry for all those who may be affected by this.
    yes, I agree
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I was one of the first people to reply to the initial thread, and ordered mine straight away, so they better bloody send me mine, or I'll be very pissed off!
  • Options
    I got two confirm emails. One at 3 after and another at 4 after. Not sure what this means. They are apparently way over sold according to the nice guy I spoke with over there. Fingers crossed.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    oversold?????

FUCKERS!!!!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehe.....................

i have 2 confirm emails too........

and i better get my fucking album!!!!!!!

hehehehehehehehe.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i think everyone will get two confirmed emails to be honest. the way it sounded to me was it was very over sold. there will be some kind of follow up once they figure out who got in there and got em first.
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    From what I gather, anyone who only bought one is okay, it's the people that try to buy more than that. I only bought one, and did it before most people knew about it, so I think I'm okay.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    jwillmo wrote:
    From what I gather, anyone who only bought one is okay, it's the people that try to buy more than that. I only bought one, and did it before most people knew about it, so I think I'm okay.

I think you may mistaken. Did you read the thread?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    jwillmo wrote:

this thread is not in response to the initial sale at aural exploits earlier in the week. there was a secondary sale today at 12 PM (PST).
  • Options
    Not to be a jerk, but they need to get in touch with other record stores or the distributor and fix this by securing enough copies to match what they just sold in 5 minutes.

It's 100% unacceptable to run a business like this, no matter how friendly or small the business is. Maybe its the businessman in me, but that's how I would fix it.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    4Powers20 wrote:

I think he is talking about those who bought the LP last Monday, when not everyone knew about this website and got only 1 rather than 2 or 3.

I would assume that all of those who bought just 1 last Monday have nothing to worry about.

Its the LP's sold today that seems to be the ones that were oversold... IMO
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    i hope this sale today doesnt turn in to a FLOP................

because i cant wait to FLIP!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehehe..........

FLIP FLIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Actually, jerk, I did, and the original post didn't say WHICH sale over-sold, I thought he/she was talking about the one last week. But thanks Smarter Than U for clearing up my confusion (kind of ironic that someone with the name Smarter than U was nicer about it).
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    What a bloody joke. How can people run a business where they oversell a product, fix the stupid site so you can't oversell. I had one in my cart at 12 and probably 5 seconds but their website was so bloody slow I didn't finish paypal till 12:06. I'm gonna be pissed if they try and refund me , now you lose money on exchange etc.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    jwillmo wrote:
    Actually, jerk, I did, and the original post didn't say WHICH sale over-sold, I thought he/she was talking about the one last week. But thanks Smarter Than U for clearing up my confusion (kind of ironic that someone with the name Smarter than U was nicer about it).

I dont see how he was nasty... all he said was that he thought you may be mistaken and asked if you had read the thread...if anyone is outta line its you calling him a jerk when he didn't insult you at any point :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    They already charged my debit card. Maybe a good sign.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    jwillmo wrote:

My pleasure.

I have considered changing my name here a few times because it usually turns folks off, but I decided to stick with it because I like seeing how people react to my posts and whether or not they can look past the name and just focus on the message. OK, I've probably crossed into TMI land.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    jwillmo wrote:

Dont call me a jerk, I was pretty nice in my post. All I said was "I think you are mistaken. Did you read the thread?" How is that being a jerk? And it appears you were mistaken, and didnt read the thread. No need to name call.
    Thanks Mrs Vedder for defending me. I really wasnt trying to be a dick. It would have been obvious if I was.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    TacoJammer wrote:
    They already charged my debit card. Maybe a good sign.
    they charged my card too.....

with the 14 copies i was able to buy earlier in the week im quite happy.....

SEE EVERYONE ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    I ordered a copy from Aural Exploits within an hour of the sold out sign going up in the goods section. I paid through Paypal and my payment was immediately put on hold, it remained that way until yesterday (sunday 20th) when it finally went through. I'm taking this as a good sign, but we'll have to see?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I got a couple of confirmation e-mails, but it is for the same order number.
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    4Powers20 wrote:
    ......No need to name call.....
    Why you don't like being called names? ME NEITHER
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    who knows if they are oversold!!

this is just what ONE person said!
    one love

respect
  • Options
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    (waits for another comment by adhesive regarding how poorly aural exploits runs their business)

dude, unless they have real-time inventory cart system in place, then there's not a whole lot that can be done. if you don't get it, bummer that sux, but don't turn it into some personal vendetta. hopefully you will get one.

*and btw, it's independent distributors like these that help out fans like us. corporate giants have tried to kill vinyl over and over, but the indie stores actually have the fan's interest in mind. not just the almight dollar. you can save all the 'prudent business practice' BS for circuit city.