Options

DC Show

weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Thanks to weather issues and the numbnuts running air traffic, I got home from DC at 4:00 a.m. and missed all the post DC commentary........

Two observations at the show:
#1> Ed is drinking and smoking a helluva lot LESS - which I am personally very happy to see
#2> The crowd had a LOT of energy. 10C members seated in the side sections rather than the floor were really energized as were floor seated members.

I also met a 16 year old from Pennsylvania who received tickets to the show for his birthday. This was his FIRST live PJ show and he was stoked. Great to meet a young fan!!

I've been to many shows and thought this one ranked in the top 5.

Anybody else have any good stories/observations?
~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
Henry David Thoreau
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bearfoot61bearfoot61 Posts: 119
    I thought Ed handing his guitar over to the kid on All Along the Watchtower was amazing!! Overall, I just love seeing Eddie having so much fun unlike years and years ago, when he rarely raised his head to look at the audience. I thought the energy in the room was great. I was sitting in the center floor section and loved looking around the arena when the lights came on and seeing everyone just diggin the music. Can't imagine what that must feel like as an artist.

I'm not sure you missed much commentary. I didn't see much here in the Pit.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    bearfoot61 wrote:
    I thought Ed handing his guitar over to the kid on All Along the Watchtower was amazing!! Overall, I just love seeing Eddie having so much fun unlike years and years ago, when he rarely raised his head to look at the audience. I thought the energy in the room was great. I was sitting in the center floor section and loved looking around the arena when the lights came on and seeing everyone just diggin the music. Can't imagine what that must feel like as an artist.

I'm not sure you missed much commentary. I didn't see much here in the Pit.

That was an awesome moment when they brought Jake, the young kid on stage to play with them. I thought it was great when Mike bowed at Jake when they finished the song. What a moment for that kid.

Eddie looked like he was having the time of his life. Awesome show. I want the bootleg now!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Ed certainly was drinking and smoking a lot during the 2 Camden shows.

He may have wanted to take it easy on both for the DC show.
  • Options
    bearfoot61bearfoot61 Posts: 119
    I think he may still have been recovering from the ROO~
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense