Options

Soldier Field Beetle Ticket

vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Was the Pearl Jam beetle design used on anything besides the tickets for the Soldier Field show?

http://www.twofeetthick.com/style/images/cc/mem/chi_tix.jpg
AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,076
    well my San Diego ticket has the beetle so it was on tix other than just Soldier Field--don't know about "merchandise" but have never seen it.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm sorry, I didn't want to come across as ignorant for thinking it was the only show with the Beetle design. That's why I was asking! Were there other designs besides the Beetle and this guy from New Orleans?

http://www.twofeetthick.com/style/images/cc/mem/mrpoint1.jpg
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Nice tix ... every show I've been to had the standard ticketmaster tix except Munich last year ...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/PJMunichTix.jpg

which uses the image from Brad Klausen's Dusseldorf poster ....

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/PJDussap.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jked3jked3 Posts: 167
    The beetle design appears as tattoo on my leg....seriously....most non PJ fans can't decipher what it is!
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,870
    I have never seen it anywhere else, maybe a sticker?
    No show poster or shirt I can recall.

I hate those fucking boring TM tickets, bring back ART tickets!!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    Wow do I love that price on that solider field ticket. $23 to see what was at that point probably the biggest band on the planet.
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    1995 Golden Gate Park was the same Beatle design.

1995 Sacramento was the same Beetle design.

1995 San Jose was a yellow and white Mr. Point type character.

1996 Seattle was power blue with a global grid showing two mean looking planet faces colliding in the center.

Those are the ones I know about, hope that helped.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    jked3 wrote:
    The beetle design appears as tattoo on my leg....seriously....most non PJ fans can't decipher what it is!

Hey, me too. And I know.
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    There were actually two sets of tickets for most shows that year, since many of the shows were canceled and re-scheduled after the Golden Gate Park fiasco.

My original tickets to the Austin show had the Beetle on them.
    Then that show got canceled and re-scheduled, and new tickets were issued.
    The new tickets had Mr. Point (the guy shown in the twofeetthick.com scan) on them.

Mr. Point also showed up on a T-shirt from that tour, which I own but that hardly fits anymore.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    jked3 wrote:
    The beetle design appears as tattoo on my leg....seriously....most non PJ fans can't decipher what it is!.

Hey, me too. And I know.

This was actually the impetus for this post. Soldier Field was my first show and I was thinking that would carry an extra meaning for my pearl jam tattoo. So is this a good thing, or a bad thing? Obviously the tattoo is most important to the person who gets it, but do I detect regret from foxymop_stupidmop?
  • Options
    edwho wrote:
    1996 Seattle was power blue with a global grid showing two mean looking planet faces colliding in the center.

That sounds cool, I never heard of that before. Anyone have a picture of it somewhere on the ol' internet?
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    edwho wrote:
    1995 Golden Gate Park was the same Beatle design.

1995 Sacramento was the same Beetle design.

1995 San Jose was a yellow and white Mr. Point type character.

Those are the ones I know about, hope that helped.

mr point and the beetle were used in 95. they appear also on denver and austin ( i was at these shows).

the 96 global grid map thing was also used in charleston

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I have never seen it anywhere else, maybe a sticker?
    No show poster or shirt I can recall.

I hate those fucking boring TM tickets, bring back ART tickets!!

mr point is on an official tour shirt from the 95 tour

• Options
    vedhead011 wrote:
    That sounds cool, I never heard of that before. Anyone have a picture of it somewhere on the ol' internet?

this is a close as i can get you at the moment, but you should be able to click the pic and blow it up some

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/dangerboy96/?action=view&current=CIMG0001.jpg

• Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    this is a close as i can get you at the moment, but you should be able to click the pic and blow it up some

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/dangerboy96/?action=view&current=CIMG0001.jpg

Wow! That is beautiful, I bet you show that thing off at any opportunity huh ;)

Thanks for sending that along, awesome collection.
  • Options
    yes, sadly, every chance i get. sorry

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,947
    i bought a bootleg beetle shirt in a mcdonalds before a show in 2000. stickman on front beetle with dates on back.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    yes, sadly, every chance i get. sorry

You take that back! Nothing to apologize over! I'd show that thing off anyway anyhow anywhere I choose! Something to be proud of, for sure...
  • Options
    I figured since we are discussing the man's art, we should give him credit. The artist's name is Jesse Higman and his website is http://www.jessehigman.com/
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    jimed14 wrote:
    Nice tix ... every show I've been to had the standard ticketmaster tix except Munich last year ...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/PJMunichTix.jpg

I never actually heard the story behind the Munich ticket. Obviously it wasnt a Ticketmaster stub, but I hadnt heard how tickets were issued or by what vendor, etc. Do you know the story Jim?
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    double, sorry
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue