Options

San Jose People

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I have relatives in the San Jose,CA area and I am planning on going to the Berkley and(or) Santa Cruz EV shows.I've never been out there, seeing this as a good time to vistit family and check out Ed.How far ar these 2 cities from San Jose, and if you would only pic 1 venue which would u attend, I'll try for both,might only be able to do 1

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Santa Cruz is a 30 minute drive through the mountains from San Jo.

Berkeley is about 45-50 minutes from SJ

I have never seen a show in Berkeley so I cannot say which is a better venue. The Civic is pretty small however in SC.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Cool, I was hoping it would be under an hour each way. Kinda glad I got shut out of 10c presale do to the fact I can now buy up to 4 tix for each show. More people to enjoy with sounds good to me.
  • Options
    Santa Cruz is definitely closer, and a lot less chance for traffic on a Saturday than a Monday. Careful driving through the mountains though.

It's hard to say which place would be more enjoyable to visit. I am partial to Santa Cruz, but visiting Berkeley is probably a "bigger" experience... whatever that means! :)
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to get tix to both SC and Berkeley. And even though SC is further from where I live, I more exited for that show....the only reason for that is because it's on a Saturday, so I can enjoy the drive down there and have some time to hang out before the show.

Plus, as someone else mentioned, the SC venue "looks" much smaller...even though they have roughly the same seating capacity.
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    Santa Cruz is a 30 minute drive through the mountains from San Jo.

Berkeley is about 45-50 minutes from SJ

I have never seen a show in Berkeley so I cannot say which is a better venue. The Civic is pretty small however in SC.
    Welcome to the board! :)
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06