Options

Watch Stone change diapers

2»

Comments

• Options
    meme wrote:
    I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement. Want proof? Now many people who had never heard about KRock New York or Huntington Disease and the Professional Organization fundraising for it watched this video and know about both. All courtesy of Stone's baby and his public diaper changing.

Also, for those making erroneous assumptions about Stone's wife lack of a career, she is an environment consultant.

So sad to see people annoyed by the mixing of children and profession. Especially women.

I didn't say anything about stone's wife not having a career, I assume she does. that was someone else.

she's an environmental consultant? that's awesome, so am I.

I don't think *anyone* should be "stay at home" parents. I think if you have kids you should figure out a way to have a career too, hands down. But also think that some parents don't understand the line between adult situations/places and kid situations/places. You see it all the time- people bringing screaming little people into adult restaurants, movies, concerts, gyms, even bars, offices- places where adults are trying to relax (or work).

I'm not saying stone makes a habit of this, maybe it was a one time thing, and other than distracting her father the kid did not cause any problems. but if you want to make this into a big discussion, I'm just addressing the bigger picture.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Also, for those making erroneous assumptions about Stone's wife lack of a career, she is an environment consultant.
    guilty... i just figured she didnt because i totally would not if i was married to a rockstar... its creepy how much people know about the guys' families tho... so shes like... a professional hippy?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Stone loves using the word FANTASTIC!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    sgossard3 wrote:
    guilty... i just figured she didnt because i totally would not if i was married to a rockstar... its creepy how much people know about the guys' families tho... so shes like... a professional hippy?

I bumped into the information while looking up this Huntington disease thingy ;).

GreenTea... look. I am as annoyed as you are by badly behaved screaming kids in nice restaurants while I am on a date with my husband, but integrating your kids into your professional and leisurly life is the way in which your life (professional and otherwise) does NOT end when you have kids.

In particularly, the way I see it: Stone is a powerful figure, a rock star. As someone mentioned, he probably had the leverage to say that he'd do the interview only if he could bring his child. They said yes, surprise surprise. A society in which people can bring their kids to work when necessary and feasible instead of leaving them in care of a stranger is a better society, and he made the first step. I am sure it won't ALWAYS happen, and I'm sure he won't leave the Alive riff mid-way during a show to change a diaper. Having his kid cooing was cute. When it got to be too much, the kid was gone. No big deal.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I saw the video a while ago. When I see babies I turn to mush. Awwwww, look at the widdle baby awwwww coochiecooochiecoo, jubeejubeejubeee.

Stone was able to talk about why he was in the area even with his daughter banging on the table. He's a multi-tasker!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    she is *adorable*! he could have been doing a puppet show for her during the interview, wouldn't care....just nice to see/hear stone :) thanks for sharing the link!
  • Options
    she is *adorable*! he could have been doing a puppet show for her during the interview, wouldn't care....just nice to see/hear stone :) thanks for sharing the link!

After reading all the posts I have to say "Thank You" for the positive one.

I was going to say something like "What's the big fucking deal?" "It's just an interview" "So what if he brought his baby? She's a good baby and didn't fuss" He got his point across didn't he?

Not everyone hates babies.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    AraineaArainea Posts: 58
    It took Stone awhile to change it because he was changing her whole outfit. I hate to tell those of you who don't have kids this, but breastfed babies' crap is... how can I say it nicely?...um, "loose". It does not always stay neatly in the diaper. Sometimes you have to change more that just the diaper!

As to babies at work...I don't see the big deal within reasonable limits. The university where I teach has an on-site daycare, but during breaks I would always go get my babies and bring them back to my office to nurse them...and change them, too, if need be. It was never any big deal. I thought it was kind of nice to see Stone doing daddy-duty!
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    1. I thought it was extremely awesome for a male rock star to publicly change a baby's diaper, and it made me like him even more. Plus the kid was surprisingly well-behaved.

2. I'd bet it was him allowing a radio interview to interrupt time with his daughter more than him allowing his daughter to interrupt a radio interview. Sure, the DJ seemed a little annoyed that he was changing the diaper, but the kid was probably annoyed that he was doing the interview. I side with the kid. Stone owes it to his baby to change her diaper, but he doesn't owe that DJ anything. He's lucky he got any interview at all.
  • Options
    scb wrote:
    1. I thought it was extremely awesome for a male rock star to publicly change a baby's diaper, and it made me like him even more. Plus the kid was surprisingly well-behaved.

2. I'd bet it was him allowing a radio interview to interrupt time with his daughter more than him allowing his daughter to interrupt a radio interview. Sure, the DJ seemed a little annoyed that he was changing the diaper, but the kid was probably annoyed that he was doing the interview. I side with the kid. Stone owes it to his baby to change her diaper, but he doesn't owe that DJ anything. He's lucky he got any interview at all.

Agreed, very well said. :)
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i like how when he started to talk about Pearl Jam, the baby went away and its all about the business!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    scb wrote:

Awesome :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    scb wrote:

word!

and if that DJ or anybody else in that studio gave him real grief over it, i could see stone flip the sass meter up to 11 and say F U to 'em all. he has enough money to buy all those bitches....they just need to deal :D
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Awwwwwwwwwww
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    'serendipitously' :D I didn't know it was a word.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,662
    I just see this as Stone putting family first and the buisness of being a rockstar second. I mean you have to agree they both, (radio station & HDSA) benefit from Stone going on air to promote the cause. The fact that his baby is with him is just a natural extension of the whole caring vibe he is expressing.
    And when your kid needs a new diaper, well that's nothing to sit on, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
    Vivian Sparks - I love that name, I'm sure she'll live up to it.