Options

Integral Life Presents Stone Gossard

RubysdadRubysdad Posts: 133
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Stone Gossard united with Integral Naked for a fascinating interview, offering an insider's view of the gritty origins of grunge music, and the struggles of maintaining one's artistic ideals in the vertigo of sudden fame.

"In this dialogue Stone Gossard leads us through the story of Pearl Jam's iconic rise, as well as his own experiences in the early grunge scene, long before any of us had ever known what teen spirit actually smelled like. Stone and Ken also discuss the current state of the music industry, some of the key problems it needs to come to terms with, and the role of record labels in the future of music. Stone's story is one that is truly aligned with the essence of Integral Art, which attempts to restore Beauty to it's rightful place within the human condition emphasizing creativity instead of deconstruction, idealism instead of apathy, depth instead of sensationalism, authenticity instead of irony and always reflecting the fullest expressions of both artist and audience alike. We hope you can join us in this fascinating exploration of artistic idealism and creative reverie...."

Download the entire 40-minute dialogue between Stone Gossard and Ken Wilber at http://in.integralinstitute.org/landing/Stone_Gossard/index.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Great interview. But it's not the whole thing, is it?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,646

It is - I listened to it last week before it was free and it was right around 40 minutes.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    And its free this time??
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Right on, mate.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    It's the first part (in whole)..there's 3 in total, coming in later months I believe.
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,545
    Very cool!!!

Insights into the origins and evolution of Pearl Jam! WOW
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    haha just got to the ticketmaster issue

"well fuck you" :D (stoneys the very best!... great to get a more in depth look at his background and opinions... wish all the other members were more vocal more often instead of just ed)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Yeah, I downloaded and listened to this a few days ago - GREAT interview/chat with Stone!!! He is very candid about everything he talks about.

I thought it was cool to hear him tell about his entire musical career.

Stone is the Man!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    cool, cant wait to hear this...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
    rock on stone can't wait to give it a listen!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Thanks for mentioning this. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Stone is one cool kat :)
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Options
    cool, cant wait to hear this...

same same same :) thanks!"!!
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    So, the interview seems like it cutout in the middle, but it was very interesting. I think the younger PJ fans need to hear about how it all happened and why, including the desire to just be artists and how that is in conflict with the business of music. So, anyone know if I have to wait or is there a way to hear the rest.????
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    That "interview" was awful. It was like listening to a phone conversation with a really anoying dude.

Here, Stone is excited to talk about Pearl Jam history along with the history of grunge music and this is the guy who has 40 min with him?

Aside from his retelling of common knowledge he never followed up on the interesting things Stone said.

I hated that. I just hope there is a new interview with a fan.

sorry my first post was negative but I was super anoyed
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    scottbirdscottbird Posts: 132
    Excellent interview, never really get to hear stone talk so I was psyched. Loved when he talked about ticket master, I want to hear more thoughts on PJ's view of the current record industry.
  • Options
    When Stone was talking it was great but that was about 4 minutes of the 40 minute interview. It seemed like more of a monologue from the interviewer than a chance for the interviewee to answer questions and tell his story.

Hopefully parts two and three let Stone do some talking!
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    thanks for posting!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    I can only agree with a lot of things said - really interesting stuff, but being on the phone with ANYBODY for that long is something that's hard to listen to.
    www.myspace.com/andreasjunge
  • Options
    I just posted this in another thread, but thought it would be appropriate here as well....

Just so you guys know, we have just just released Part 2 of the interview, which you can access here:

http://in.integralinstitute.org/landing/stone_gossard/index.html

Same deal, just put in your email address, and you will be emailed a link. For those who have already put in your email addresses, you will receive an email later today with a link to the download page.

And please, if you could, spread the word by sending out the link to the landing page, and not posting a link to the actual mp3! We aren't using your emails for any evil outsider marketing campaigns or anything like that, and any followup email you may receive you can immediately opt out of. We are simply a small start-up media company trying to make more of an impact in the world, and trying to do it all as consciously and conscientiously as possible--and directing as many people to the landing page as possible will greatly help with that.

I hope you guys enjoy the interview--and be sure to check out all the free videos and audio samples on the download page, once you receive your link! It is my hope that some of you will really enjoy the types of material we are putting out into the world....

And if any of you have any questions at all around any of this, shoot me an email at cdevos at integrallife dot com.

Corey W. deVos
    Managing Editor, Integral Naked
    Audio Manager, Integral Life
    Managing Editor, KenWilber.com
  • Options
    Oh - and in this same vein, any of you who may be familiar with Saul Williams might really enjoy these two interviews, discussing his latest album with Trent Reznor: The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust

http://in.integralinstitute.org/landing/saul_williams/index.html