Options

Met Jeff on Saturday night

NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Here's the story:
A friend of mine and I drove to Missoula from Bozeman for the Montana State vs. University of Montana basketball game on saturday night. And, there he was, in his seat on the floor next to the press table(his regular seat, I'm told). So, the game ended, and my friend and I head out to the parking lot to leave. We hung out at the entrance saying hi to friends and such(me secretly wanting to see Jeff walk out :cool: ). After about 10 minutes; no Jeff... O well.

Then, as we are walking to the car. I heard someone mention the town Big Sandy. I turn around... And there he was! Right behind us!!! I shook his hand, told him how much I loved the band, etc... I asked about any warm up shows in Missoula(Me being selfish). He didn't say yes or no :confused:. Also asked about ANY other shows around 'Roo. I mentioned that "I didn't want to go to 'Roo". He said it would be "worth it to spend a week in TN"(his words).

Here's a picture: http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/NoCode_inMT/?action=view¤t=MeetingJeffAment.jpg

Edit:Typo fixed. Thanks mookie9999.
1998-6/20, 6/21
2003-6/1, 10/25
2005-8/29, 9/4
2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
2008-4/15(EV solo)
2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
2011-9/3, 9/4
2012-9/30
2013-7/19, 11/30
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cool. Thanks for the info. man.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    Great pic!

So, Canada got their own tour in '05, and Europe got their own tour in '07. It would seem that there is something in the works for the South this year. So everyone in the South can be happy :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    NICE!

it would be awesome to see them at the Ryman :)

http://www.ryman.com/
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    What about the important stuff????

Who won the game?!!

JK
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    an excellent story and you got the photo...fabulous.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    There sure are a lot people meeting band members lately!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing!
    What's is up with everyone meeting PJ members this past weekend around here? LOL
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Flagg wrote:
    There sure are a lot people meeting band members lately!

My thoughts exactly.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    NICE!

it would be awesome to see them at the Ryman :)

http://www.ryman.com/

I knew it! ;)

a WEEK in Tennessee? Are they going to play Memphis and Knoxville, too?!?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    yeah really everyone is meeting them, when i first saw this i was like, ah he's just gonna make fun of the other threads, but you have a picture so i guess it's legit. Wait a sec!!! I dont see a date on there! jk
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Here's the story:
    A friend of mine and I drove to Missoula from Bozeman for the Montana State vs. University of Montana basketball game on saturday night. And, there he was, in his seat on the floor next to the press table(his regular seat, I'm told). So, the game ended, and my friend and I head out to the parking lot to leave. We hung out at the entrance saying hi to friends and such(me secretly wanting to see Jeff walk out :cool: ). After about 10 minutes; no Jeff... O well.

Then, as we are walking to the car. I heard someone mention the town Big Sandy. I turn around... And there he was! Right behind us!!! I shook his hand, told him how much I loved the band, etc... I asked about any warm up shows in Missoula(Me being selfish). He didn't say yes or no :confused:. Also asked about ANY other shows around 'Roo. I mentioned that "I didn't want to go to 'Roo". He said it would be "worth it to spend a week in TN"(his words).

Here's a picture: http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/NoCode_inMT/?action=view&current=MeetingJeffAment.jpg

That is a very cute picture! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    cool story, the picture ties it together
    i like sound...
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Damn typo on the thread title! I thought he might be hanging out at Arby's this Saturday or something! ;) Awesome pic, thanks for the news!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Nice picture!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    nice pict is it me or does everybody in MONTANA have beards and wear the same coats & hats lol ...:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Here's the story:
    He said it would be "worth it to spend a week in TN"(his words).

I was behind you guys (but ducked out of the way for the picture). As Jeff turned around, he said, "And by Tennessee, I mean Milwaukee." Sorry you didn't catch that.
  • Options
    that is one sweet pic man
  • Options
    nice pict is it me or does everybody in MONTANA have beards and wear the same coats & hats lol ...:)

HaHaHaHa!
    Breads keep the face warm in the winter ;). It's cold out here. lol!!!

Thanks for all the posts everyone. It really was a great experience.

IMO on shows: I'm sure there will be more announced... I would like to go to 'Roo, but like a lot of people on here, would like a PJ only as well.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    He said it would be "worth it to spend a week in TN"(his words).

Maybe another Vic type show somewhere in TN during Roo week? I can just imagine this board like last summer when the Vic was announced.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    HaHaHaHa!
    Breads keep the face warm in the winter ;). It's cold out here. lol!!!

Thanks for all the posts everyone. It really was a great experience.

IMO on shows: I'm sure there will be more announced... I would like to go to 'Roo, but like a lot of people on here, would like a PJ only as well.

i'm sure it is glad you got to meet him and that is a cool pict ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Here's the story:

Here's a picture: http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/NoCode_inMT/?action=view&current=MeetingJeffAment.jpg

Cool story. Everyone here in Missoula has always known that ifn you wanted to see Jeff, all one has to do is go to a Griz game, just hope that now that the word is out, people respect the guy's privacy! No stalkers please! Anyway, I have asked him before about shows too, and he is always vague and wont' confirm anything either...Damnit!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    ohh wow!! Nice pic! Congrats on meeting Jeff!

He's not gonna say DON'T go to one of their gigs. LOL
    The Bonn festival is 4 days so thats prob what he meant by a week.

I still think there will be a few other gigs so I'm saving my money and not going to the Roo.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969

WOW...that's one of the cutest pics I've seen of him. Thanks for sharing! :) You're not too bad yourself, by the way! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    zootown wrote:
    Cool story. Everyone here in Missoula has always known that ifn you wanted to see Jeff, all one has to do is go to a Griz game, just hope that now that the word is out, people respect the guy's privacy! No stalkers please! Anyway, I have asked him before about shows too, and he is always vague and wont' confirm anything either...Damnit!

Good thing we have Mike and Matt!! LOL :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Here's the story:

awesome pic!
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Good thing we have Mike and Matt!! LOL :D

Yeah. You know, I wonder how folks at the 10c or in the promo department feel when band members leak info about dates....I love it!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    zootown wrote:
    Yeah. You know, I wonder how folks at the 10c or in the promo department feel when band members leak info about dates....I love it!

I wouldn't call it "leaking info" so much as "news straight from the horse's mouth".
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I wouldn't call it "leaking info" so much as "news straight from the horse's mouth".

that's true, taking that it was Jeff who said they were playing Bonnaroo last year when he was at the University in Missoula... LOL! maybe 10C staff bitched him out for that and that's why he wont give out dates now :D
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Told you, I knew there will be shows around Roo, VIC style TN, Told you!

Now all you Brits and Oz's can make flight arrangements!

:)
  • Options
    next time you gone these little adventures give me a call. great story dude.
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!