Options

Vs. b-sides

2»

Comments

• Options
    Slightly off-topic, but could someone share a MP3 of the studio version of "Crazy Mary" from "Sweet Relief" in 192 Kbps (or better)? Thanks.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    thanks, but ur sure its not from Lost Dogs?

Did you listen to it? You can tell by the first 2 seconds that it's not the Lost Dogs version. The FIRST LINE itself is different that the Lost Dogs version. It's definitely not the Lost Dogs version.

As for the Vs. sessions, I saw somebody post that in another thread today, I believe.
  • Options
    thanks, but ur sure its not from Lost Dogs?
    do you have the Vs. sessions version also?

What are you asking for? Both versions have been officially released.

Lost Dogs = Vs. Sessions
    Chicago Cab = Vitalogy Sessions
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    xkevvx wrote:
    Did you listen to it? You can tell by the first 2 seconds that it's not the Lost Dogs version. The FIRST LINE itself is different that the Lost Dogs version. It's definitely not the Lost Dogs version.

As for the Vs. sessions, I saw somebody post that in another thread today, I believe.

Which thread?
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    They were different versions though, right? I've seen "Whipping" and something else on disc 4 of Hallugenic (sp) Recipe.

By the way, here's something for those of you who don't have but want:

Alone (Version Recorded During The "Ten" Sessions):
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5CZO9JX

It's not the remastered and changed-around version on Lost Dogs. Enjoy :)

how much of what they are talking about is on Hallugenic Recipe.
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    SBC03 wrote:
    how much of what they are talking about is on Hallugenic Recipe.

IIRC, there were about 4 or 5 of the Mookie Blaylock demos on HGR, but a full copy of the complete demo tape surfaced in the trading community about five or six years ago and that is pretty much the definitive source now.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    godpt3 wrote:
    The single version of Alone was recorded during the Vs. sessions. There are several other versions floating around (from both the Mookie Blaylock demos and the actual 10 sessions) but the one released on Go was recorded w/ Dave A. during vs.

Not quite.

The version ALONE on the Go single was recorded with Dave Abbruzzese in 1992 at the same session as Dirty Frank, the single version of Even Flow, State of Love and Trust & Breath.

There was also an earlier version recorded at the Ten sessions which was re-worked for Lost Dogs. Two different versions BOTH from Ten-era, it was never recorded during the actual Vs sessions to the best of anybody's knowledge.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    just listened to the Chicago Cab version of Hard To Imagine and it's amazing! Thanks xkevvx!
  • Options
    spencer wrote:
    Not quite.

The version ALONE on the Go single was recorded with Dave Abbruzzese in 1992 at the same session as Dirty Frank, the single version of Even Flow, State of Love and Trust & Breath.

There was also an earlier version recorded at the Ten sessions which was re-worked for Lost Dogs. Two different versions BOTH from Ten-era, it was never recorded during the actual Vs sessions to the best of anybody's knowledge.

You know, Spencer, I'm not sure but I only thought that the re-recorded version of "Even Flow", "Dirty Frank", the re-recorded version of "Breath" and "State of Love and Trust" were recorded during those sessions. Unless Vs. had a different drummer (I have no idea if it did, I'm fairly new to Pearl Jam) than Dave Abbruzzese, then you're definitely right. Do you have any sources to show?

Anyway, sorry for not recognizing that about "Hard to Imagine". I'm a new Pearl Jam fan and sometimes I screw up pretty bad lol
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:

Which thread?
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Which thread?

I do not know....it was probably just the vs. rough mixes now that i think about it. Either way, it cannot find the thread...
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    I do not know....it was probably just the vs. rough mixes now that i think about it. Either way, it cannot find the thread...

Did you download "Hard to Imagine"? If not, I think I'll recreate that thread.