Options

Vs. b-sides

DissidentfeelingDissidentfeeling Posts: 78
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Were there ever ANY Vs. b-sides surfaced, or were there even any recorded? I know for a fact that "Alone" is a Ten outtake, even though it was released on the "Go" single. Anyway, if there were any Vs. b-sides ever recorded, just let me know where I can get MP3s of them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i think Angel, Hard To Imagine, Alone, Hold On and Small Town acoustic were the only ones. never seen a mp3 of HTI from those sessions but i think it was rehersed.
  • Options
    i think Angel, Hard To Imagine, Alone, Hold On and Small Town acoustic were the only ones. never seen a mp3 of HTI from those sessions but i think it was rehersed.

I thought they didn't record "Angel" until before Christmas, but if anyone has information on this please tell me. "Hold On" was actually a "Ten" outtake, as was "Alone" (I can send "Hold On" to you if you don't have it.) I don't have "Alone" just yet, I'm waiting for the "Go" single to ship from Amazon.

Anyway, do you have a recording of "Small Town acoustic"? And does anyone know if "Hard to Imagine" has surfaced, even if it's just a rehearsal?
  • Options
    bump
  • Options

The version of Hard to Imagine from Lost Dogs is from the Vs. sessions.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options

that hard to imagine version is avaliable somewhere. it has different lyrics than the lost dogs version. i used to have it but lost the mp3. you can find it on some pj download site though.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    that hard to imagine version is avaliable somewhere. it has different lyrics than the lost dogs version. i used to have it but lost the mp3. you can find it on some pj download site though.

That version is the Vitalogy outtake, but I still don't have that particular version.

What about Small Town? Has that surfaced?

And sorry for so many questions, but was there ever a studio version of FootSteps? I know it wasn't on Lost Dogs, that was just the radio performance from the Jeremy single with a hermonica added. Any info on that also?
  • Options
    The version of Hard to Imagine from Lost Dogs is from the Vs. sessions.

Yeah. Does anyone have the Vitalogy version though, the one found on the Chicago Cab soundtrack?

I've just heard there was an instrumental version of "Once" from the Japanese version of "Ten". Megaupload, anyone?

(Sorry for double posting)
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Small Town acoustic has a slight lyric change but other than that it's the same, just acoustic. sorta cool when it comes up on the iPod.
  • Options
    I thought they didn't record "Angel" until before Christmas, but if anyone has information on this please tell me. "Hold On" was actually a "Ten" outtake, as was "Alone" (I can send "Hold On" to you if you don't have it.) I don't have "Alone" just yet, I'm waiting for the "Go" single to ship from Amazon.

Anyway, do you have a recording of "Small Town acoustic"? And does anyone know if "Hard to Imagine" has surfaced, even if it's just a rehearsal?
    small town acoustic and alone are the bsides on the Go single.
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Yeah. Does anyone have the Vitalogy version though, the one found on the Chicago Cab soundtrack?

hard to imagine
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/um4w5f
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Were there ever ANY Vs. b-sides surfaced, or were there even any recorded? I know for a fact that "Alone" is a Ten outtake, even though it was released on the "Go" single. Anyway, if there were any Vs. b-sides ever recorded, just let me know where I can get MP3s of them.

The single version of Alone was recorded during the Vs. sessions. There are several other versions floating around (from both the Mookie Blaylock demos and the actual 10 sessions) but the one released on Go was recorded w/ Dave A. during vs.

Hard to Imagine from the Vs. sessions ended up on lost dogs.
    The acoustic Elderly woman was on Go.

And there was an early version of Whipping that was on the Vs. rough mixes.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    I've just heard there was an instrumental version of "Once" from the Japanese version of "Ten". Megaupload, anyone?

No. There is an instrumental Once floating around but that comes from the Gossman '90 demo. On the Japanese Ten is I've Got a Feeling and then following that is Master/Slave (as a track by itself rather than tagged onto the end of Release).
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    'Betterman' and 'Whipping' were recorded during the Vs. sessions.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    What about Small Town? Has that surfaced?

Here you go...

http://www.sundialproject.com/ElderlyWoman.cfm

When you're there, check out my band if you get a chance, using the menu in the upper right. If you like what you hear, sign up for our mailing list. We have an album coming out next year.

Take care, and happy holidays.
  • Options
    I know for a fact that "Alone" is a Ten outtake, even though it was released on the "Go" single.

Wrong. It's a "Vs" outtake. The version on "Lost Dogs" is a "Ten" Outtake.
  • Options
    small town acoustic and alone are the bsides on the Go single.

Oh yeah how could I be so stupid! "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" lol, i forgot that that was short for it. I ordered the "Go" single last night so I'll get to hear it soon...
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    Wrong. It's a "Vs" outtake. The version on "Lost Dogs" is a "Ten" Outtake.

Where does it say this? I'm not trying to challenge you or anything, I just want the correct info.

(Pardon me for the double posting again)
  • Options
    'Betterman' and 'Whipping' were recorded during the Vs. sessions.

They were different versions though, right? I've seen "Whipping" and something else on disc 4 of Hallugenic (sp) Recipe.

By the way, here's something for those of you who don't have but want:

Alone (Version Recorded During The "Ten" Sessions):
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5CZO9JX

It's not the remastered and changed-around version on Lost Dogs. Enjoy :)
  • Options
    Where does it say this? I'm not trying to challenge you or anything, I just want the correct info.

(Pardon me for the double posting again)

well, if you want to get really technical about it, the version of Alone on LD is a Ten outtake with vocals re-recorded in 2003 (probably).
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    They were different versions though, right? I've seen "Whipping" and something else on disc 4 of Hallugenic (sp) Recipe.

I don't think the version of betterman from the vs. sessions has ever surfaced, and Whipping was either the same take later used on Vitalogy or a very close re-record because I can't really tell the difference between the Vs. rough mix and the final vitalogy version.
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options

The "Lost Dogs" version appears on the "Ten" rough mixes tape, and the b-side version appears on the "Vs" rough mixes tape, so there you go.
  • Options
    How about "Out of My Mind" this was first played on the VS. tour but never got recorded in studio....does that count for anything?
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    The "Lost Dogs" version appears on the "Ten" rough mixes tape, and the b-side version appears on the "Vs" rough mixes tape, so there you go.

Well ain't you the smart one? lol

Literally, I never knew this, thanks for letting me know. I've got the version of "Alone" up here from the Ten sessions (it's fully mixed but not remastered and overly compressed like on Lost Dogs).

Uh, where do you get audio from the Vs. Rough Mixes tape?
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    The "Lost Dogs" version appears on the "Ten" rough mixes tape

Actually, no... It has different vocals as ten rough mix version. The one that was on that rarities thing that leaked earlier this year is the exact version that's on the ten rough mixes....but totally mixed.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    Actually, no... It has different vocals as ten rough mix version. The one that was on that rarities thing that leaked earlier this year is the exact version that's on the ten rough mixes....but totally mixed.

Thanks for clearing things up...and that's where I got all the tracks I've posted so far...from that divine Unreleased Cuts compilation. And yeah I knew that the Lost Dogs version has been screwed with one way or another...all of them on that godawful box-set have...
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    Actually, no... It has different vocals as ten rough mix version.

Well, yeah. But it's the same basic version.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:

Where'd you get this?
  • Options
    Where'd you get this?

Chicago Cab soundtrack
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    Chicago Cab soundtrack

thanks, but ur sure its not from Lost Dogs?
    do you have the Vs. sessions version also?