Options

Cities That Will Be Played

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Assuming that there is a tour, what does everyone think are some cities that will realistically be included?

My guess is that they are touring, but not a full blown tour. The staples (Philly, Boston, LA) and some cities they missed last time around (Raleigh, Houston, Tampa).

That being said, here is a list that I think is possible.

-Staples & Select Cities
Boston
New York City
Hartford
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Toronto/Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Alpine Valley
The Gorge
San Francisco
Los Angeles

-The South
Phoenix
Houston
Austin
St. Louis
Raleigh
Charlotte
Atlanta
Tampa
West Palm Beach

That's 20 cities + Bonnaroo. I could see Pittsburgh & Toronto being iffy, but more than likely.
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    What? No San Francisco Bay Area show on your list? I've heard Eddie comment to the crowds in the Bay Area that Shoreline is one of their most played venues of all time. Definitely gotta consider that as a "staple" city to play. Also, the Bridge Concert is always a high probability event for them to play.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    Hey, this is just me speculating and for others to join in. Don't hang me if I didn't think of someone's city. :p

I could see what you mean about San Diego, BeerBaron. I just figured, maybe given that the 2006 show was supposed to be pretty amazing, they might come back.

I thought with the 3 shows in SanFran last time around you guys had your fair share. :p

Edit - Food for thought, the South American leg had 12 stops, the Canadian leg 15, and the U.S. 7 in 2005 (a 'non-touring' year). That's 30+ shows in a non-touring year...could we see a repeat of 2005? Say the album comes out January/February of 2009...they do a full blown tour in '09...a repeat of '05/'06?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    drew0 wrote:
    The staples (Philly, Boston, LA) .

New York is staple.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    New York is staple.

So is Chicago, Seattle, & Toronto (usually). I just didn't name all of the staples. :)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    drew0 wrote:
    Hey, this is just me speculating and for others to join in. Don't hang me if I didn't think of someone's city. :p

I thought with the 3 shows in SanFran last time around you guys had your fair share. :p

Trust me, I'm not hanging you. The tone of my voice (in my head while writing) is quite civil. The point is, with three shows in San Francisco in '06, the San Francisco Bay Area (and Mountain View is where they play most of the time) is a staple. Heck, Eddie's solo tour has two nights here and one down in Santa Cruz. They love playing here!!!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,217
    I am really hoping for a boston2-hartford-saratoga2-NYC2-philly-DC-nc run. I know where I would be for two weeks.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    drew0 wrote:
    So is Chicago, Seattle, & Toronto (usually). I just didn't name all of the staples. :)

Fair enough. I'm just an elitist New Yorker that felt like being an elitist. ;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    drew0 wrote:
    -The South
    Phoenix
    Houston
    Austin
    St. Louis
    Raleigh
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Tampa
    West Palm Beach

You need to add Jacksonville, FL and Birmingham,AL to that list.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    ummm where is Missoula, Montana in this list....they will be here on the next tour.

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    I just don't get all this speculation? What is the point, besides just being bored?
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    Rome, Italy :D
    Rome '96
    Bologna '06
    Verona '06
    Pistoia '06
    Venice '07
    London '07
    Manchester '09
    Berlin '10
    Venice '10
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I dunno about any of this...there have been small rumours, etc. over the past few weeks, but I would have thought we'd have come across some bigger leaks if this was about to go down...here in Toronto, there was a lot of chatter about EV solo'ing here in May (seems to have died down somewhat) - but what the fuck would a radio DJ at the Edge have down that wouldn't have leaked somewhere else by now? Seems weird Kat would have "tweeted" this and not the earlier leg of Ed solo shows? Also seems weird there was no reminder to up your membership...this is driving me crazy.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I'd bet the farm that they don't play in Jacksonville (for the first time ever) any time soon :)
    Jacksonville has actually been getting more bigger bands lately- it's the biggest city in FL that PJ hasn't been to
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    I really hope they play Toronto causei have family over there so i will travel over to see the band from Scotland tho i may travel to Florida if they play Tampa.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Hopefully it will be a Toronto year .
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    mjb wrote:
    Also seems weird there was no reminder to up your membership...this is driving me crazy.

I think this is the biggest clue to there NOT being a tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they usually tell you to have your 10c renewed whenever they're tweeked a tour before?
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I am pretty sure that DC will be played if there is a tour, especially in an election year.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    If they do tour, I'd imagine it would be a less-than-10 show tour. I really hope they play Phoenix!

Oh...

AND ALPINE!!!!!!
  • Options
    ozcharlieozcharlie Posts: 91
    they should play a few shows up in Alaska, that would be cool.
    well you know the pendulum throws
    farther out to the one side, swinging
    has to sweep back the other way
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I am pretty sure that DC will be played if there is a tour, especially in an election year.

You maybe can add Denver and Minneapolis/St. Paul to that list since they have the dem and rep national conventions.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I'm hoping for a few Canadian dates! Ontario especially.
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    Vancouver .....

Oh and calgary... Please

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    drew0 wrote:
    Assuming that there is a tour, what does everyone think are some cities that will realistically be included?

My guess is that they are touring, but not a full blown tour. The staples (Philly, Boston, LA) and some cities they missed last time around (Raleigh, Houston, Tampa).

That being said, here is a list that I think is possible.

-Staples & Select Cities
    Boston
    New York City
    Hartford
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh
    Toronto/Buffalo
    Detroit
    Chicago
    Alpine Valley
    The Gorge
    San Francisco
    Los Angeles

-The South
    Phoenix
    Houston
    Austin
    St. Louis
    Raleigh
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Tampa
    West Palm Beach

That's 20 cities + Bonnaroo. I could see Pittsburgh & Toronto being iffy, but more than likely.

So in an election year without a new album you think they'll skip DC, and play Canada?
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    M E X I C O.... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mil besos!!!!!
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    So in an election year without a new album you think they'll skip DC, and play Canada?

(A) They're not playing "Canada". They're playing Toronto. Who doesn't play Toronto these days, seriously? (B) It's just speculation and for fun. I was pulling cities out of my ass and writing down cities that I thought might be played. (C) Yeah, DC is the capital of the country, but playing it during an election year is only symbolic. If they're trying to swing voters, DC really isn't the place. They vote 80%+ for the Democratic candidate, and anyone in the metro area can see 100 speakers a weak that would have a stronger impact on their political beliefs.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    scpjfan wrote:
    I think this is the biggest clue to there NOT being a tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they usually tell you to have your 10c renewed whenever they're tweeked a tour before?

With all the rumours, I find a mini-tour is almost impossible at this point not to have. We have strong rumours that keep popping up from San Diego, Boston, Raleigh, Tampa, and Hartford...those cities have nothing in common other than they're stops on a tour.

They're not part of a political tour (who's trying to sway voters in Connecticut and Boston?)

They're not part of a mini-southern tour while they're there for Bonnaroo (San Diego, Hartford, Boston)

They're not staple cities that they always play, and are just playing for the hell of it (Raleigh? Tampa?).
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    ummm where is Missoula, Montana in this list....they will be here on the next tour.

PEACE

You know we get those warm up/opening shows out here in the BIG SKY. ;)
    ('98-opened the Yield tour, '03-start of the second leg, '05-Tester campaign kick off)

I would like a warm up show in Missoula(a couple weeks before 'roo). Then a tour after 'roo, through late summer/early fall. Wrapping up at The Gorge, of course.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Jacksonville has actually been getting more bigger bands lately- it's the biggest city in FL that PJ hasn't been to[/quote

Im from Winnipeg and spend alot of time in Jax...They dont get crap compared to the concerts we get...Jax is dead for rock shows
    Minneapolis 98,tampa 00, Fargo St Paul 03,Winnipeg Thunder Bay 05,Chicago Denver 06
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Jacksonville has actually been getting more bigger bands lately- it's the biggest city in FL that PJ hasn't been to[/quote

Im from Winnipeg and spend alot of time in Jax...They dont get crap compared to the concerts we get...Jax is dead for rock shows
    Minneapolis 98,tampa 00, Fargo St Paul 03,Winnipeg Thunder Bay 05,Chicago Denver 06
  • Options
    Rochester
    Rochester
    Rochester!