Options

Cities That Will Be Played

2»

Comments

• Options
    as much as i would love them to play austin, they havent since 95. i've heard there is some personal agenda of the promoters in austin and since ACL fest isnt the usual suspects, its possible.

i would switch out austin for dallas , and /or san antonio.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    There never has been given any kind of explanation for the different structure of the last tour, i.e. not playing the south, more multiple show cities, etc but I would assume that it was a conscious decision to try to cut down on the negative aspects of touring such as the constant travelling and impact on family. Given that, screw the south again how bout a week long stand IN CHICAGO! We've been shorted with only 2 shows last year, 2 last tour, and 2 close by in Milwaukee. How we supposed to get by on that? Bwahahaha.
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    scpjfan wrote:
    I think this is the biggest clue to there NOT being a tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they usually tell you to have your 10c renewed whenever they're tweeked a tour before?

If they are only playing festivals there would be no need for renewal.
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    scpjfan wrote:
    I think this is the biggest clue to there NOT being a tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they usually tell you to have your 10c renewed whenever they're tweeked a tour before?

Didn't they just send out a reminder about the memberships though?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    if it is a tour, it will be cities that they missed in 06.
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    if it is a tour, it will be cities that they missed in 06.

and NYC, BOSTON, PHILLY, HARTFORD

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Dreamfire2 wrote:
    Given that, screw the south again how bout a week long stand IN CHICAGO! We've been shorted with only 2 shows last year, 2 last tour, and 2 close by in Milwaukee. How we supposed to get by on that? Bwahahaha.

You don't know how fortunate you are.

Try only getting shows in your area once every five years.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    That's 20 cities + Bonnaroo. I could see Pittsburgh & Toronto being iffy, but more than likely.

Pearl Jam has never skipped Toronto during a large tour . If they tour this year Toronto will be played.
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    nuzpaper wrote:
    Pearl Jam has never skipped Toronto during a large tour . If they tour this year Toronto will be played.

It wont be a large tour. I think Toronto's luck may have run dry.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    I hope that your right and Toronto will be played but i cant see it happening, if they play Toronto i will travel over!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    The Gorge is not a staple. They've only played there in 05 and 06 and opened for Neil Young. I think a show in Seattle proper will be far more likely.

drew0 wrote:
    Assuming that there is a tour, what does everyone think are some cities that will realistically be included?

My guess is that they are touring, but not a full blown tour. The staples (Philly, Boston, LA) and some cities they missed last time around (Raleigh, Houston, Tampa).

That being said, here is a list that I think is possible.

-Staples & Select Cities
    Boston
    New York City
    Hartford
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh
    Toronto/Buffalo
    Detroit
    Chicago
    Alpine Valley
    The Gorge
    San Francisco
    Los Angeles

-The South
    Phoenix
    Houston
    Austin
    St. Louis
    Raleigh
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Tampa
    West Palm Beach

That's 20 cities + Bonnaroo. I could see Pittsburgh & Toronto being iffy, but more than likely.
  • Options
    Boston
    Boston
    places I can drive to from Boston
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372
    They always seem to play Washington D.C. on major tours, so that wouldn't be a surprise.

I hope they play Virginia Beach again. It seems like a state that could swing from Rep to Dem, plus they haven't played there since 2000.
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    my advice is that if they do play toronto, it's worth the trip. fantastic city and fucken crazy pj fans!!!!
  • Options
    24veddie wrote:
    my advice is that if they do play toronto, it's worth the trip. fantastic city and fucken crazy pj fans!!!!

word!

Edit - actually stay away. Toronto is the armpit of Canada. It's true. I'm not just saying that because I want a closer seat;)
  • Options
    jtrah13jtrah13 Posts: 4
    how about a NOLA show? anyone?
    State Of love and trust
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    Halifax
    Moncton
    Charlottetown
    St. Johns

:)
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    i think we will see the south shows early because they will already be in TN in June. I think a couple of shows before Bonaroo to warm up and get in gear and then they will continue to tour across the south and work their way up the east coast...

take a break, then start on the east near pittsburgh and head out west across the middle/upper part of the united states to conclude their tour in CA/WA area...

i dunno...i just hope they come to FL since i just moved here...:)

Most logical suggestion I've read here in many days of tour speculation.

I'm with you on the Florida shows. We've been a long time without PJ concerts down here.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    what ever happened to the "rumour pit" alerts of days-gone-by???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford