Jeremy Vs Smells Like Teen Spirit (Radio Challenge)

SoapMakesUTallerSoapMakesUTaller Posts: 230
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Help me out here everyone.....we all know how overratted SLTS is, it doesn't need anymore wins when it comes to 90's music.

My local sports radio show has pitted them against each other for today, voting closes off around 330 PM (Pacific time) Help PJ win this one Please!

(Scroll down)

http://allaccess.am570radio.com/loosecannons/blog
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,633
    Just voted for SLTS - easier the better song.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Not even close....Smells is easily the Grunge-era 'pop' song. There's nothing better about SLTS, Jeremy beats it on almost every level, except maybe being overrated.
  • At least the Jeremy lyrics make sense, and are sung slightly more intelligibly.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Threw Jeremy a vote!
  • we're getting even!
  • pulled ahead, keep it going!
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Help me out here everyone.....we all know how overratted SLTS is,

No we don't.

I voted for SLTS. Now if it was up against about 50 other PJ songs, that's another matter.
  • jeremy is equally overrated... i would vote for SLTS if i had to choose... but id rather not vote since its a stupid challenge to begin with and both bands have MUCH better songs that deserve more airtime
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • It's just a fun challenge on a stupid radio show....not saying which song is better, jesus, sometimes fans can be a little too anal about some of this stuff. It's not rocket science, or breaking down the importance/complexity of each song, it's just to see PJ win a little challenge on a stupid radio show.

BTW, we're down! 1Hr to go!
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    You guys shouldnt even vote on that shit.
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    It's just a fun challenge on a stupid radio show....not saying which song is better, jesus, sometimes fans can be a little too anal about some of this stuff. It's not rocket science, or breaking down the importance/complexity of each song, it's just to see PJ win a little challenge on a stupid radio show.

BTW, we're down! 1Hr to go!
    You seem to be making a bigger deal out of this than us. I just took offense to idea that every PJ fan must think Smells Like Teen Spirit is overrated. If anything I think Jeremy is overrated. I love one song and kinda like the other, so I picked the song I love. That's all.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    step back, be a fan of neither, then evaluate the impact of each on modern rock music.

slts by a mile.....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Jeramy is barely ahead.
  • LaterDaysLaterDays Posts: 141
    Put it against Alive and that's another matter. And, btw, the lyrics to Teen Spirit are brilliant. Using a song to satirize the audience mindlessly singing along with it. I love Jeremy, but it's not even top 2 most popular/well-known on Ten.
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • Oh come on, Jeremy has SO much more to say than Teen Spirit.
    Stand back and look at the two songs, lyrically/musically/thematically, and forget about what the 1 million sheep thought back in 91 and probably still today, and commonsense should tell you that Jeremy is the better SONG.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Am i the only one who doesn't see where to vote?
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Oh come on, Jeremy has SO much more to say than Teen Spirit.
    Stand back and look at the two songs, lyrically/musically/thematically, and forget about what the 1 million sheep thought back in 91 and probably still today, and commonsense should tell you that Jeremy is the better SONG.

Thank you. If not for the novelty of not understanding what Kurt was singing, would people still even care? Hip-hop hooray!! Smells Like Teen Spirit helped kill butt-rock. A genre that was already dying anyway...
    - Justin

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Am i the only one who doesn't see where to vote?
    The poll is closed.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    At least the Jeremy lyrics make sense, and are sung slightly more intelligibly.

How can Jeremy's lyrics be sung more intelligently if you understood the lyrics to it but not SLTS?

Just asking, not arguing. ;)

... and my vote would have gone to SLTS too.
  • chris01 wrote:
    How can Jeremy's lyrics be sung more intelligently if you understood the lyrics to it but not SLTS?

Just asking, not arguing. ;)

... and my vote would have gone to SLTS too.

I said "intelligible", not "intelligently". There's a difference.

Intelligible means "capable of being understood; clear to the mind".
    - Justin

• evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    what jeremy rocks
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    Jeremy uses right guard...