Options

Rumor Pit Reincarnation

Child Of The 90sChild Of The 90s Posts: 526
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I don't think I'm alone when I say this, but I'd love to see the rumor pit make a return. Maybe it's not possible to have it in exactly the same format as the old one, but it would be great to have it back in some way. Sure, we still get news, but the rumor pit was more than just news. There was something else about it that made is special. I really liked the two way communication between band and fans. Please bring it back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    freewheelin3freewheelin3 Posts: 173
    yeah id like to see this come back.. but id be happy just to hear any news from the tenclub.. i mean when the newest site was launched it was even in their mission that it was done so as to share news/information with the fans more efficiently.. but nope, that sure as shit aint happened. its much much worse as far as news/scoops/contact now than it ever was when the board was affiliated with sony.. but at least we are now first to know when there is another 200 dollar book we can buy or cause we can support.

hell they could just say PJ is back in studio with brendan o'brien and its going really well and it would be a great gesture, but instead its left to 2nd hand info found by people on some obscure site..

it would solve al lot of problems around here.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    yeah id like to see this come back.. but id be happy just to hear any news from the tenclub.. i mean when the newest site was launched it was even in their mission that it was done so as to share news/information with the fans more efficiently.. but nope, that sure as shit aint happened. its much much worse as far as news/scoops/contact now than it ever was when the board was affiliated with sony.. but at least we are now first to know when there is another 200 dollar book we can buy or cause we can support.

hell they could just say PJ is back in studio with brendan o'brien and its going really well and it would be a great gesture, but instead its left to 2nd hand info found by people on some obscure site..

it would solve al lot of problems around here.

I 100% agree with this.
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    I remember checking the website religiously in the hopes that a new rumor pit would surface. I would be sweet if they brought that aspect back.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    for some reason I think all that stuff faded away after they didn't have obligations with Sony to fulfill... this is why Synergy is no more (still there but not really updated)
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I'd love to see the Rumor Pit return in some form.

But maybe--just maybe--the Message Pit IS that reincarnation. Ever look at it that way?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    I really like the way the website is now with all the pics and songs, etc. And I have come to see the message pit as a pretty reliable source of information. The thing that I do miss though is the form of interaction on the Rumor Pit. There was a sense of importance and excitement to it. Perhaps I'm just being sentimental, but it felt more official than a simple post on the Message Pit. Just imagine if the ten club scrapped the mailed newsletters in favour of an e-bullitin or something. It's just not as exciting.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I'm all for the return of the Rumor Pit!

Bovy
  • Options
    I thought this was the rumor pit
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    As somebody else said, I also consider the MP to be a reliable source of information. But it's not the same as the Rumor Pit. Most of the news that emerge here are.....well...rumors. It would be great if the rumor pit returned and we could have some cold factual answers.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    I thought this was the rumor pit

No this is the complaining pit.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    No this is the complaining pit.
    haha- no shit!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    I really like the way the website is now with all the pics and songs, etc. And I have come to see the message pit as a pretty reliable source of information. The thing that I do miss though is the form of interaction on the Rumor Pit. There was a sense of importance and excitement to it. Perhaps I'm just being sentimental, but it felt more official than a simple post on the Message Pit. Just imagine if the ten club scrapped the mailed newsletters in favour of an e-bullitin or something. It's just not as exciting.

I completely agree.. it was like a special little unexpected gift when new information would go up! Then you got to discuss with friends and the seed of excitement would bloom in your tummy.. ahh.. I miss those days too! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Yep, bringing back the Rumour Pit is a great idea.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i agree. bring it back.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    everybody wants it back... why don't they just do it? I mean... honestly