Options

blame pearl jam ,not the 10c

2»

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    fair enough but putting blame pearl jam in the thread title its juvenile and makes you sound like a spoiled elitist

no it doesnt

im just saying dont blame the 10c when they have limited tools to work with

if pj coughed up the dough they would have better resources

does anyone think they want this to happen? they know their servers suck so why not fix it? why ?cause the band isnt putting more money into it

they have this huge server in another state ,but apparantly its not enough
  • Options
    L1quidL1quid Posts: 75
    i'm sure pearl jam is purposefully witholding funds from their own fan club, rather than just not being aware that their servers take a shit once every 3-4 months.

you guys give the band and the 10c management way too little credit. course, all of you know what it takes to run such things so your anger is more like constructive criticism from people with knowledgeable opinions, rather than the childish whining of people who missed out on the first of two (or more) pre-sales.
  • Options
    L1quid wrote:
    i'm sure pearl jam is purposefully witholding funds from their own fan club, rather than just not being aware that their servers take a shit once every 3-4 months.

you guys give the band and the 10c management way too little credit. course, all of you know what it takes to run such things so your anger is more like constructive criticism from people with knowledgeable opinions, rather than the childish whining of people who missed out on the first of two (or more) pre-sales.

believe it or not they are being tight with their fanclub
    i found it hard to believe also ... but it is the case
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    it's KELLY'S fault really ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    I find this amazing because NONE OF US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES.

You know JACK SHIT...yet you throw blame around like you know what you're talking about.

You know absolutely NOTHING about what is really going on or who is responsible.

fucking idiots.
  • Options
    vladevlade Posts: 12
    gtrplyr wrote:

You know JACK SHIT...yet you throw blame around like you know what you're talking about.

You know absolutely NOTHING about what is really going on or who is responsible.

fucking idiots.

Well said, frustration can do crazy things
  • Options
    L1quidL1quid Posts: 75
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    believe it or not they are being tight with their fanclub
    i found it hard to believe also ... but it is the case
    I wonder if it's hard to put out the magazine and the xmas single on $15/year

They probably have like $12.50 leftover per fan club member EVERY YEAR.
  • Options
    gtrplyr wrote:

fucking idiots.

exactly , except your last line is a little harsh. up until now ive been staying out of this too.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    All of a sudden everyone takes the high moral ground and starts blaming the band for withholding money from the fan club.

Where is there any proof of that? Do you think Eddie writes the paycheck's out of his bank account?

Give me a break. The band has less to do with it monetarily than you think.
  • Options
    gtrplyr wrote:

fucking idiots.

ok dokey
  • Options
    gtrplyr wrote:
    All of a sudden everyone takes the high moral ground and starts blaming the band for withholding money from the fan club.

Where is there any proof of that? Do you think Eddie writes the paycheck's out of his bank account?

Give me a break. The band has less to do with it monetarily than you think.

dude u are sooooooo way off u have no fricking idea

the band has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE MONEY
  • Options
    never buy tickets on a debit card.
    Fanclub as a teaching tool. Hard lesson learned. Thanks for the painful monetary exercise. Enjoy the music.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    vlade wrote:
    Well said, frustration can do crazy things

WHAT AM I FRUSTRATED ABOUT ??

the last ticket i bought was hawaii?? lol

this fiasco had nothing to do with me

whenever i hear of a show i want to attend i call the local ticket broker
    then "attempt' to get tickets thru the club

but i will never put all my eggs in the 10c basket because they dont have the tools needed
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    whenever i hear of a show i want to attend i call the local ticket broker
    I just checked a local broker. An orchestra seat for the S.D. show is $395.00 with a balcony seat starting at $236.00 each.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    L1quid wrote:

Why is it every time someone dares to criticize the 10club people come on here and get angry and accuse them of bitching? It is not like the 10club is the perfect and totally infallible organization; they make mistakes. Why is it considered bitching to want the club to fix problem areas?

And typically the responses by the supporters are either "you don't have all the information so you shouldn't complain" or "if you don't like it you should leave the tenclub". So by that logic, Eddie should stop criticizing George Bush, since he obviously doesn't have access to all the information that the White House does, and if he doesn't like how things are run he should move to Switzerland. Obviously a president can have a much more extreme effect on your life then the 10club, but at the same time criticizing something on a message board is not as extreme as doing it on a stage in front of 1000's of people
  • Options
    I just checked a local broker. An orchestra seat for the S.D. show is $395.00 with a balcony seat starting at $236.00 each.

i never said they didnt rob you lol

i wouldnt pay that for ed

the band yes but not ed alone
  • Options
    Why is it every time someone dares to criticize the 10club people come on here and get angry and accuse them of bitching? It is not like the 10club is the perfect and totally infallible organization; they make mistakes. Why is it considered bitching to want the club to fix problem areas?

And typically the responses by the supporters are either "you don't have all the information so you shouldn't complain" or "if you don't like it you should leave the tenclub". So by that logic, Eddie should stop criticizing George Bush, since he obviously doesn't have access to all the information that the White House does, and if he doesn't like how things are run he should move to Switzerland.

hehe

but im not criticizing the club ,im sticking up for them lol

u cant build a house with just wood... u need nails also
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    What ideas? I was just pointing out that a fan club is a promotional tool for the band the same way any other promotion is. It is not like this is a revolutionary idea to anyone. How could anyone not already have this figured out? I certainly hope that the management of a gigantic band like Pearl Jam already does. It is not like having to spend money promote yourself is a totally unheard of idea.

I was being sarcastic!
    :)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol dont be to sure
    the board who cares about this... no one

but the band is def VERY hands on with the 10c operation's

p.s. dont forget ,, ed isnt the only guy in the band ...dont forget about the founders

You mean the guys who wrote music for the band back in the early nineties? You know, the main songwriters on the first two albums that get one credit an album now? Yeah, this band is a bunch of equals.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I'm with NY PJ, that's a colossal mess right there and bad p.r. to have such a problem with people purchasing tickets. It happened to people that used debit and credit cards.
    It sounds like it was a server/IT problem so maybe they need to hire a new expert in that area then?

If that happened to me if I was trying to buy tix I'd be pissed off. There should be an e-mail or a notice apologizing for that 'inconvenience'
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    I'm with NY PJ, that's a colossal mess right there and bad p.r. to have such a problem with people purchasing tickets. It happened to people that used debit and credit cards.
    It sounds like it was a server/IT problem so maybe they need to hire a new expert in that area then?

If that happened to me if I was trying to buy tix I'd be pissed off. There should be an e-mail or a notice apologizing for that 'inconvenience'

the server is located in a different state and it blows

plain and simple lovey ,and the band knows it
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the server is located in a different state and it blows

plain and simple lovey ,and the band knows it

a different state?! Which one? How can that be?! D'oh!
    I'm with you....An Ed solo tour doesn't interest me either
    Now if McCready does a tour, I'm in! :D
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    There should be an e-mail or a notice apologizing for that 'inconvenience'
    The computer system took my debit card for a membership payment just 2 days before the ticketing pre-sale. Silly me thought the same said system would let me buy tickets using the very same method from 48 hours ago. Many members got the same canned apology after all the tickets were sent to the debit card abyss - never to be heard from again.
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    The computer system took my debit card for a membership payment just 2 days before the ticketing pre-sale. Silly me thought the same said system would let me buy tickets using the very same method from 48 hours ago. Many members got the same canned apology after all the tickets were sent to the debit card abyss - never to be heard from again.

I agree, all need to take a deep breath. I didn't try for tickets and I can truly feel for all involved. I really think the biggest issue here is the 10c not saying anything except to a few who got an email back.

I don't think a proof reader is needed for Kat to say "We are terribly sorry for the events surrounding the EV solo tour ticketing, we are doing our best to rectify the problem and will post more information in the very near future. We are doing our best people....please be patient."

I think a lot of people would breath easier if something was being related to the consumer.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    IF I was pearl jam or 10C and was reading the crap that is showing up on the message pit as of late in the negative tone and in the quantity of negative posts, I would shut the entire 10C and ticketing system down and let every one fend for themselves and be at the mercy of Ticketmaster and live nation.

Fortunately PJ and 10C must have thicker skins than I do and are able to turn the other cheek...if only more folks would learn from their example.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    It'll just turn into bitching later on when:

"He didn't play this song from ITW"

or

"He didn't play this PJ song"

Not to go off on a tangent but the complaining will never stop just because, as someone said earlier, people are always unhappy for some reason or other.

I agree with you, NY PJ1. I think more money should be invested to handle 10C business. It makes it seem like they are in it for the money now.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i didnt even try to buy tickets for this ,so i didnt get ripped off

in fact ive always had success with the 10c

im just saying that the band needs to put some of the millions they make into the 10c .....thats a fact

this made me laugh. im sure the boys do well, but with the current state of the music industry, MIllions is quite laughable. not by the time you pay everyone it takes to help a major band tour. price of gas, union workers at the venue's , blah blah blah. dont fool yourself into thinking that the boys are making that kinda money. cause its just not so.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    gozzo5058 wrote:
    the negative tone and in the quantity of negative posts
    The negative feelings come, after thinking that you have something, (you really, really want) for certain... you wait... and when it's all said-&-done -- you actually have nothing to show for all of your positive efforts.
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    the wolf wrote:
    this made me laugh. im sure the boys do well, but with the current state of the music industry, MIllions is quite laughable. not by the time you pay everyone it takes to help a major band tour. price of gas, union workers at the venue's , blah blah blah. dont fool yourself into thinking that the boys are making that kinda money. cause its just not so.

Looks to me like the boys do just fine to me :)

http://www.infoplease.com/ipea/A0921829.html

2003 Top 20 Concert Tours
    Rank Gross in
    millions Artist Average
    ticket
    price No. of
    cities/
    shows
    1. $115.9 Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band $71.36 30/47
    2. 80.5 Celine Dion 135.81 1/145
    3. 69.3 Eagles 107.57 47/55
    4. 69.0 Fleetwood Mac 83.37 66/71
    5. 68.2 Cher 65.91 98/102
    6. 64.5 Simon & Garfunkel 136.90 28/39
    7. 64.0 Aerosmith/KISS 76.08 56/58
    8. 60.5 Dixie Chicks 56.00 56/65
    9. 50.9 Billy Joel/Elton John 109.24 23/27
    10. 48.8 “Summer Sanitarium Tour”/Metallica 70.32 19/19
    11. $47.1 Dave Matthews Band $44.09 41/53
    12. 44.2 Toby Keith 37.95 104/104
    13. 40.8 Shania Twain 60.56 39/43
    14. 38.5 The Rolling Stones 158.17 12/14
    15. 35.8 Phish 46.62 28/39
    16. 34.5 Kenny Chesney 35.76 83/83
    17. 32.7 Tim McGraw 52.25 50/52
    18. 31.8 Justin Timberlake/Christina Aguilera 61.59 40/44
    19. 29.3 Jimmy Buffett 52.10 26/28
    20. 29.1 Pearl Jam 37.62 50/59

In 59 shows Pj grossed 29.1 million with tickets costing $37.62/avg. This is ticket pricing only not merch etc.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.