Options

blame pearl jam ,not the 10c

NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
edited February 2008 in The Porch
i never knew this band was so cheap,,its amazing

and whoever says they're not in it for the coin..... ha

SPEND SOME CASH FOR THE FANCLUB BOYS

so they can do their job and not listen to us bitch

p.s. dont worry im sure their will be enough left for the yearly meetings in hawaii
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nkobiknkobik Posts: 55
    NY PJ1 wrote:

and whoever says their not in it for the coin..... ha

p.s. dont worry im sure their will be enough left for the yearly meetings in hawaii

i understand from your post that you only like poor artists ?
    i also guess that YOU hate money.
    which is fine.
    but a bit hard to believe.
  • Options
    nkobik wrote:
    i understand from your post that you only like poor artists ?
    i also guess that YOU hate money.
    which is fine.
    but a bit hard to believe.

i love money but i would put more of my money into my buisness (where needed) to make even more

not shortchange the operation who sells all my products
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i love money but i would put more of my money into my buisness (where needed) to make even more

ok.

im kinda' new here. is this kind of mess is happening a lot ? 'cause according to poeple reactions including yours it seems like you're being ripped off on a daily basis.
    do you honestly think that this is the situation ? aren't you being a bit extreme ?
  • Options
    nkobik wrote:
    ok.

im kinda' new here. is this kind of mess is happening a lot ? 'cause according to poeple reactions including yours it seems like you're being ripped off on a daily basis.
    do you honestly think that this is the situation ? aren't you being a bit extreme ?

i didnt even try to buy tickets for this ,so i didnt get ripped off

in fact ive always had success with the 10c

im just saying that the band needs to put some of the millions they make into the 10c .....thats a fact
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i wonder if any other fans b*tch as much as pearl jam fans. i really hate this place whenever tickets go on sale.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    It's Sony's fault :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i didnt even try to buy tickets for this ,so i didnt get ripped off

in fact ive always had success with the 10c

im just saying that the band needs to put some of the millions they make into the 10c .....thats a fact

even though my opinion is oposite to yours, meaning that i dont thik one should tell another person how to handle their cash flow, (unless you're dealing with stock investments or hold some shares in a company) i accept you opinion.

we just made peace, didn't we ? :)
  • Options
    nkobik wrote:
    even though my opinion is oposite to yours, meaning that i dont thik one should tell another person how to handle their cash flow, (unless you're dealing with stock investments or hold some shares in a company) i accept you opinion.

we just made peace, didn't we ? :)

we were never at war lol

all im saying is wouldnt u put enough money into the part of your operation who sells your product?
    why be cheap on certain aspects? it just creates more work and problems

its business 101
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    i wonder if any other fans b*tch as much as pearl jam fans. i really hate this place whenever tickets go on sale.

i didnt try for tickets my good man
  • Options
    I feel certain Ed has no idea whats going on on this stupid board. Nor does he have any idea about the ticket fiasco the other day.
    tacos
  • Options
    iwasthere wrote:
    I feel certain Ed has no idea whats going on on this stupid board. Nor does he have any idea about the ticket fiasco the other day.

lol dont be to sure
    the board who cares about this... no one

but the band is def VERY hands on with the 10c operation's

p.s. dont forget ,, ed isnt the only guy in the band ...dont forget about the founders
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:

oh they do...for sure. some of the other bands i see regularly have the same issues with servers and fans. the bottom line is no one is ever happy. someone will always bitch and once the floodgate is opened...WATCH OUT!

all that being said, i've actually never had luck with getting tix through the 10c, but have only been a member for 3 years, so not too many chances.

shit happens, we just gotta deal with it.

if my cc got charged extra $$, i'd be pissed, sure, but you call your cc and rectify it. and this is why i never buy tickets on a debit card.
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol dont be to sure
    the board who cares about this... no one

but the band is def VERY hands on with the 10c operation's

p.s. dont forget ,, ed isnt the only guy in the band ...dont forget about the founders

Not only that but even if the entire band has no idea what is going on, they should have buisness managers who should be able to keep tabs on the different parts of the Pearl Jam orginazation. This isn't some garage band that tours in an old van.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Good morning sunshine! Are you having a grumpy day?

I do agree that more money should be spent on the club and the site, especially concerning ticket sales.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    we were never at war lol

all im saying is wouldnt u put enough money into the part of your operation who sells your product?
    why be cheap on certain aspects? it just creates more work and problems

its business 101

yep. you are right.
    since the world is not black and white i agree.
    but since we've got more than could have dreamed from this band i would excuse their unappropriate (hard word to spell for an speller-less israeli) buissnes behaviour if one exists.

of caurse criticism is a must.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i didnt try for tickets my good man
    a)i'm not a man
    b)whether you tried for tickets or not seems to be irrlevant since you're still complaining about the ticket sale...
  • Options
    Good morning sunshine! Are you having a grumpy day?

I do agree that more money should be spent on the club and the site, especially concerning ticket sales.

actually no,, its a good day

sometimes u just hear things that boggle your brain
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    a)i'm not a man
    b)whether you tried for tickets or not seems to be irrlevant since you're still complaining about the ticket sale...

not complaining about the ticket sale at all ,, i could care less about the vedder democractic convention

its just stupid and cheap for the band to be like this
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    actually no,, its a good day

sometimes u just hear things that boggle your brain

I see! Well, try not to let things get to you! Have a good one!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Tell the FED to kick the money in! Hhahahaa.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Not only that but even if the entire band has no idea what is going on, they should have buisness managers who should be able to keep tabs on the different parts of the Pearl Jam orginazation. This isn't some garage band that tours in an old van.

And, with as much as 10c charges for products, I believe they are making a profit.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    And, with as much as 10c charges for products, I believe they are making a profit.

I was talking about this in another thread, but I am not even sure 10club by itself would have to make a profit. I mean if you look at 10club as a promotional tool for the band 10club might lose money on its own, but in turn its actions might make more money for the band. I mean for example 10club might cost the band $1,000,000 to run, but in turn if it makes the band an extra $5,000,000 in ticket and CD sales by way of getting people more interested than it could be successful even with losing money.

For another example, if PJ produces posters to put up in CD stores, those posters cost money to make, but if they promote the band and get more people buying CD's then it is safe to say they are a good investment.
  • Options
    I was talking about this in another thread, but I am not even sure 10club by itself would have to make a profit. I mean if you look at 10club as a promotional tool for the band 10club might lose money on its own, but in turn its actions might make more money for the band. I mean for example 10club might cost the band $1,000,000 to run, but in turn if it makes the band an extra $5,000,000 in ticket and CD sales by way of getting people more interested than it could be successful even with losing money.

For another example, if PJ produces posters to put up in CD stores, those posters cost money to make, but if they promote the band and get more people buying CD's then it is safe to say they are a good investment.

totally and if the band put some more coin into it
    their would be alott less headaches for everyone

all this server shit is additional work for the 10c
    they have enough going on now ,,they certainly dont need to be calling banks and whatnot
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

yeah cuz its so much easier to place blame right ???

Blame Pearl Jam ? yeah blame PJ for getting you presale opportunities

god just give up your membership if you dont like it
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425

I bet Kelly Curtis is fearing for his job after reading your sheer genius ideas!
    :)
  • Options

What's wrong with trying to make something you like better? I love TV, but when my cable companies does things I don't like I will let them know about it. How is this any different?
  • Options

again all im saying is pj should put more coin into the fanclub

they are cutting corners and its stupid

its their fanclub,, they should put enough money into it
    it certainly is putting enough money into them
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I bet Kelly Curtis is fearing for his job after reading your sheer genius ideas!
    :)

What ideas? I was just pointing out that a fan club is a promotional tool for the band the same way any other promotion is. It is not like this is a revolutionary idea to anyone. How could anyone not already have this figured out? I certainly hope that the management of a gigantic band like Pearl Jam already does. It is not like having to spend money promote yourself is a totally unheard of idea.
  • Options

Well said. This is a really cool opportunity and unfortunately he is not playing huge venues. I think Santa Cruz has a max occupancy of 2200. I'm grateful that 10c gives us a chance to pre-order tickets. Not every band has the ability to do this and they have always been good to the fans.

I understand everyones frustrations with the servers crashing and all we can ask is that next time they anticipate that kind of traffic and have extra server space. Thank you PJ and 10c. Looking forward to seeing you again soon Eddie!
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    again all im saying is pj should put more coin into the fanclub

they are cutting corners and its stupid

its their fanclub,, they should put enough money into it
    it certainly is putting enough money into them

fair enough but putting blame pearl jam in the thread title its juvenile and makes you sound like a spoiled elitist
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}