Options

You do not have a right to see Pearl Jam.

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,296
    isn't it a little early for you to be drunk already?

:D haha kidding, i agree with ya!

but yeah, who cares what people do with their money, see every show or only one or not at all, do what works for you. like quartertoten said earlier, i have never regretted a single show i've seen. and seeing friends at the shows makes it even more worth it :)

i wish i was drinking will soon though he he he ha chiqui how ya been girl maybe we get to meet this yr i hope so ;) ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    You can skip a year.

This guy is so missguided and wrong I can't even begin to comment on this...

Skip a year... Yeah, right.
  • Options
    TheGossman wrote:
    Fuck Speedy, I owe you another beer at roo, well put, thats 2 beers on me by god!
    hahahahaha....

were gonna have a great time at the roo my friend.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i wish i was drinking will soon though he he he ha chiqui how ya been girl maybe we get to meet this yr i hope so ;) ...
    haha i feel ya, it's after 12 here so it feels soon enough lol i'm doing okay, could be better but could be worse...i'm hoping we get to meet this year too, i am ready to hit the road for more shows!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Here's how easy my decision went - "Hmm, sounds like fun, I like festivals. Oh, it's in TN, never mind."

No big deal. I know they will always tour again. They already told us this would be a busy year. And they never said this would be the only show this year like they did last year.

I dont think what you are agreeing to is what he meant K.

I definately think his post was the most retarded thing ever :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    You guys all completely misread the meaning of his post. He didn't say it was stupid to spend x amount of money to see PJ, he was saying it's pointless and selfish to complain about the lack of tour announcements and pretending you have a right to know if there are any more shows before you spend your money of Bonnaroo.
    That's what has been going on for years here. "If I knew they were playing an hour from me, I would have never flown to Vegas" or whatever. All he's saying is, it's not your right to know everything the band is doing. You have an option of going to a show. Go if you want.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    we are spoiled.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    JaneNY wrote:
    Fine if its so cut and dried for you; its not for everyone. I don't see why you have to tell others what to do. If I want to patiently wait to see if there's other dates how does that affect your life? That being said I may go to Bonarroo. I have the luxury of waiting a little while and that's fine. I love PJ but they're not the only band I want to see this summer.

No, I agree with you. The thread was for the people getting all pissy about not getting a tour announcement yet.
  • Options
    I dont think what you are agreeing to is what he meant K.

I definately think his post was the most retarded thing ever :rolleyes:

Actually, that is what I meant. I have nothing against people traveling to see shows (I do it a lot). I don't like how people are complaining about the TC not releasing show dates just so people can decide about Bonnaroo. IT IS NOT THE TEN CLUB'S JOB TO PLAN YOUR SUMMER. Is that clear enough for you?
  • Options
    note to self: add 'bootlegger10' to list of clueless douchbags on pearljam.com message board

Your post makes no sense at all. I want to see pearl jam this year. I don't think it's my right (retarded thread title) but it's definitely something I want to do. now, I live 14 hours away from Bonnaroo, and about 2 hours away from NYC and Philly. so as you can see, it makes perfect sense to wait and see if they'll do a real tour before you make a choice unless you live in reasonable distance from Bonnaroo and/or really want to go there.

Thread title was to get people to read it.

I understand your point, and agree with your point. Just as long as you don't get pissy with the Ten Club because you need to plan your summer. I've probably been on worse lists.
  • Options
    I don't think it's stupid at all... I think it sounds great, if I was closer I would do it, its just that for me it's the money and 13 hour drive each way and I can't even stay all 4 days.

I dont know why people though are so ticked off by the fact that some of us would rather sit this one out and wait for more annoucement if there is any.
    I know I wont be crushed if they dont announce anything at all and didnt go to Bonnaroo.

I think its great for the ones that are going... I'm being called from the show and sending money with a friend to pick me up some merch so I'm good...

(they are naggin' though and making it really hard for me to stay strong with my decision :D)

Again, my post was pointed at those complaining about shows not being announced. I agree with everything you are saying.
  • Options
    im an adult....
    who can make his own decisions....

ill go to as many fucking shows as i want to got to.....or i wont....
    ill travel wherever the fuck i want to travel to ....or i wont....
    ill spend as much money as i want to spend seeing these shows......or i wont.....

i dont need anyone giving me a speech about what a waste of money the roo is.....its my fucking money...if i want to go spend 4 days in a mud pit thats my choice.....hehehehehehe

i dont need anyone giving me a speech about having the "right" to go to the show.....
    i dont need anyone telling me its ok "to take a year off"

again im an adult.....i can make my own fucking decisions.....

*waits for coffee*

good morning everyone..........

I agree with you. Just don't hassle the Ten Club because you want to see every show you can. I go to 10 shows a tour, so not saying you shouldn't go.
  • Options
    Brez wrote:
    Hahahaha I love when someone makes a rant thread, and then just get shat on in all of the responses, and doesn't post again in their own thread.

I have a job that unfortunately forces me to work Saturdays through April 15th.

HAHAHAHAHA... I love when someone makes an idiot comment assuming that people spend their life on the PJ board like they do.

P.S. Have I posted enough times for you?
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    I have to say this TS does not seem to have a clue. WTF are they on about?
    Also, I find the 'I won't go see a festival set' a pretty elitist view point. "Oh no, it's 10C shows or nothing for me, I far too pure to see a 'festival set' ". Get over yourselves.
    p.s. I'm really hoping for more shows to be announced, I think I'll badger the 10C for announcements :D

*goes to badger 10C*

Are you all idiots. I don't like festivals, but that doesn't mean I think they are stupid. I am not an elitist. I just don't want to go to a festival. I am not a huge concert person, but love going to Pearl Jam shows. So I am not going to pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time when the only part I will enjoy is the Pearl Jam set. That is why I am not going. My point is that people who would rather not got a festival than a regular show are badgering the Ten Club for dates. If you don't really want to go to a festival show, then why not just not go? That is all I am saying.

I can't figure out why you are all so appalled.
  • Options
    note to self: add 'bootlegger10' to list of clueless douchbags on pearljam.com message board

Your post makes no sense at all. I want to see pearl jam this year. I don't think it's my right (retarded thread title) but it's definitely something I want to do. now, I live 14 hours away from Bonnaroo, and about 2 hours away from NYC and Philly. so as you can see, it makes perfect sense to wait and see if they'll do a real tour before you make a choice unless you live in reasonable distance from Bonnaroo and/or really want to go there.
    perfect
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    phillyfan wrote:
    perfect

So since you agree with what that guy said, and I agree with what that guy said, then in essence you just called my post perfect too. Thanks!
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    bonnaroo = a GA PJ show, why the well would anyone want to miss this? You can go as wild as you want to and not have guards and people look at you like your crazy, I'm tired of people saying this doesn't count as a PJ show, fuck they are gonna do a 3 hour set! I have a shitty tenclub number so as soon as gates open Saturday I'm running as fast as I can to the front of the stage and waiting all day for PJ, front row hopefully! I would never even get within the first 10 rows at a 10c show, the same lame fucks get front row everytime at 10c shows, tapping their feet the entire show, but not this time!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    umm sure
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    WOW.
    if you dont want to get flamed, the post what you 'really' mean.
    your first post sounded like you're ragging on people who dont want to go for bonnaroo right away, who want to see what else is coming. or that people shouldnt think twice about just skipping a year of pearl jam.

then you said you're just saying its the people who blame 10c for not announcing things.

thats quite the wide variety of people you're pointing at.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    wow, im confused, i cant tell who thinks who is right or wrong. if i choose not to go to Roo, and PJ dont play any other shows i can get to, thats my bad. im cool with that. i'll take my chances. i dont see how its an "elitist" point of view to say that "i dont really enjoy festival shows" it has nothing to do with it not being a 10c show , at all.

whatever, all who are going , good on ya. have fun. i am sure if festival shows are your thing, that you will have a great time.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Are you all idiots. I don't like festivals, but that doesn't mean I think they are stupid. I am not an elitist. I just don't want to go to a festival. I am not a huge concert person, but love going to Pearl Jam shows. So I am not going to pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time when the only part I will enjoy is the Pearl Jam set. That is why I am not going. My point is that people who would rather not got a festival than a regular show are badgering the Ten Club for dates. If you don't really want to go to a festival show, then why not just not go? That is all I am saying.

I can't figure out why you are all so appalled.
    ive gotten through most of this thread now and i gotta say i feel sorry for the response you got man... i think maybe your original post wasnt quite worded as well as the above quote... its true tho... for me it wasnt that i dont like festivals, because i do... it was more about the money... i made a decision to not go... id love to hear about more dates but if no more come up this year within a reasonable distance and i am forced to skip a year or more then ill survive... i mean i went 3 years between my first show and my second... the last 2 years spoiled me but ill survive with the other good music out there!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    The only things that stop me from seeing PJ every year are ticketing limitations, the days off work, and the money to travel.

A 'right' to see them doesn't come into it. Besides, like my good friend said, it's hardly just about them. It's seeing much-missed friends too.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    The only things that stop me from seeing PJ every year are ticketing limitations, the days off work, and the money to travel.

A 'right' to see them doesn't come into it. Besides, like my good friend said, it's hardly just about them. It's seeing much-missed friends too.
    ah the wise mullet speaks again.
  • Options
    wise mullet
    this is an oxymoron if ever there was one... :p

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    this is an oxymoron if ever there was one... :p
    hahaha... dont tell him that!!
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ive gotten through most of this thread now and i gotta say i feel sorry for the response you got man... i think maybe your original post wasnt quite worded as well as the above quote... its true tho... for me it wasnt that i dont like festivals, because i do... it was more about the money... i made a decision to not go... id love to hear about more dates but if no more come up this year within a reasonable distance and i am forced to skip a year or more then ill survive... i mean i went 3 years between my first show and my second... the last 2 years spoiled me but ill survive with the other good music out there!

Yeah, my original post had two references to the complainers, but I can see now how it was not clear. The "wait and see" part wasn't for those who are just waiting for future announcements, but to those who are complaining.
  • Options
    Yeah, my original post had two references to the complainers, but I can see now how it was not clear. The "wait and see" part wasn't for those who are just waiting for future announcements, but to those who are complaining.

I too feel like sgossard, your original post was unclear, because it didnt really read the way you meant it based on your later reponses.... you sure took a beating from most of us.... (it's your fault anyways for not coming back sooner :p)

:D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I too feel like sgossard, your original post was unclear, because it didnt really read the way you meant based your later reponses.... you sure took a beating from most of us.... (it's your fault anyways for not coming back sooner :p)

:D
    hey weve all been there before... i mean, starting a thread that gets a huuuge negative response... i was in that boat just last week... you gotta be careful when ya vent around here cause your words dont always come out how you intend...

we should probably make an amendment for "the right to see PJ" just to be safe tho :p

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219

As opposed to OTHERS

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=272333

:)

Sorry for flaming, I feel strongly about seeing PJ, every year... ;)
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,467
    rival9500 wrote:
    dumbest thread ever.

agreed.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.