Options

You do not have a right to see Pearl Jam.

13»

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Actually, that is what I meant. I have nothing against people traveling to see shows (I do it a lot). I don't like how people are complaining about the TC not releasing show dates just so people can decide about Bonnaroo. IT IS NOT THE TEN CLUB'S JOB TO PLAN YOUR SUMMER. Is that clear enough for you?
    YEah, I am not sure how or why people took this thread so vastly different than they way I took it. I still couldn't agree more with you. It is unreasonable to expect PJ to have all their 2008 shows ducks in a row before the Roo was announced. Sometimes you just have to make decisions based on the current facts and not stress or piss and moan about he rest. IF you want to go to this festival, then go. IF you'd rather see them closer to home or not at a festival, then don't go. It is that easy. If You don't get to see PJ this year - life goes on.
  • Options
    ummmmmmmm sure.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570

HAHAHAHAHA... I love when someone makes an idiot comment assuming that people spend their life on the PJ board like they do.

I spend my life on here? Gee, news to me.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    I just wasted 7 minutes of my life reading this thread. Thank you for making a dumb guy feel smart....
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    DixieNDixieN Posts: 351
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Why exactly? And frankly, it's not your business what other people spend and how far they choose to go.

Pearl Jam never come to me. (it's "not my right" to see them in my backyard) So, i choose to go to them where ever they play. I don't have a problem with it....i'd just like to know if they're playing anywhere closer than 2000 miles away from me before i spend my tour fund on just one show.

Everyone decides what their priorities are. It's not my right to see PJ in my backyard, so I don't see them. I don't have a problem with that. My limits are kinda stringent. You might want to develop more flexible ones. If you have a lot of money or few obligations, travel the miles. If you don't, be fiscally responsible. They don't owe you a travel schedule ahead of time any more than they owe you a concert in your backyard. They're in business to make money. If they can get you 2,000 miles away and then a lot closer, they will. This is not evil. It's called making a living. Since you're making a living, too...do what's best for you. Rest assured that they will do what's best for them.
  • Options
    lol... this thread delivers.

I think I have every right to bitch to the ten club about future tour dates. If I recall... I do send them money every year for a extremely late christmas single and last minute tour dates. If you don't have that much money and you make all these plans to go to bonaroo and then 1 week before, they release tour dates 30 minutes from your house, well... I would be pissed. Do you remember the Vic theatre debacle?? I'd venture to say 90% of the board had already made travel arrangements. I realize for the purpose of ticket sales, if there are future tour dates they probably can't say anything. So they(being bonaroo people or manangement... I'm sure it's not the band) put the interest of the fans second, and selling tickets first. I just don't get this attitude that the ten club is doing us a favor so we should be nice to them. I've spent ~1000 dollars over the years(which PALES in comparison to some) through the ten club so I'm not exactly sure why I can't ask about more tour dates. "Hey, I've got money to see one show this year, if I go to bonaroo are you going to drop a date next to my house a week later??" I'm not in some "friendship" with the ten club. I pay them money and expect to be able to ask questions like that. And if they don't know, then say "we don't know". But that won't stop me from asking.
  • Options
    i hope they announce the tour soon, my vacation time needs to be in by the 28th of feb!!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18