Options

Talked to Matt today...

Comments

• Options
    Met him at the rally. So friendly! We had some laughs about how loud the PA speakers were since we were standing right next to them :). After Obama was done speaking I went over to him and he literally hopped over the row of chairs to talk to me... anyways I'll just say there is more coming besides Bonaroo!!!!! ;). So don't worry if you cant make it or don't want to spend the money.
    go clean out your box.....

hehehehehehe........................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Dollpartz wrote:
    very good news!

who is mike cameron???

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3331
  • Options
    please play philly
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    MF- thank you for the info- but can you give us some concrete info? Did Matt tell you not to say anything?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    fuck bonnaroo!

I agree with this sentiment.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Though I'm desperate to hear whatever Matt said, I feel like a conversation between these two guys probably deserves to be left between them :(
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    i dont believe a single word this masterfarmer guy says..........
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    benjs wrote:
    Though I'm desperate to hear whatever Matt said, I feel like a conversation between these two guys probably deserves to be left between them :(

you're probably right. Along with that, I have a feeling Matt didn't get very specific. Maybe "yeah, we're playing a show or 2..."

Maybe it's a political fundraiser or something similar...

Either way, I'm out. I spent 5 hours on youtube last night and I really want to see 28 bands (so far) at Bonnaroo. There are 9 on the maybe list and the line up isn't even complete! So --- a 4+day vacation seeing PJ -and- all those other bands or a few days in the NYC area for probably more money. Um, yeah.... easy choice!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    go clean out your box.....

hehehehehehe........................

YEAH g clean out that box..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    AWESOME NEWS! All that money I'll save by not going to Bonnaroo might let me go to MANY pearl jam shows:) I'll take MANY over 1 fest show anyday. Keepin fingers crossed for a SOUTHERN TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Met him at the rally. So friendly! We had some laughs about how loud the PA speakers were since we were standing right next to them :). After Obama was done speaking I went over to him and he literally hopped over the row of chairs to talk to me... anyways I'll just say there is more coming besides Bonaroo!!!!! ;). So don't worry if you cant make it or don't want to spend the money.
    thanks for the info. good things will come to those who wait.
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    a 4+day vacation seeing PJ -and- all those other bands or a few days in the NYC area for probably more money. Um, yeah.... easy choice!

Well said!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    What did Matt say at the Rally? The picture looks like he was going to make a speech or something.

Also, does anyone know why Eddie is not with the band on Obama? He doesn't have to be but I'm just wondering...
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Matt said: "My fellow Seattleits! Vote Obama tomorrow and we will play a special small gig just for you!"

nah... he just stood there... I wish I thought to talk to him, good job! (it's a July tour, right?...)
  • Options
    How the hell do you come on here and just say there will be more dates but not elaborate? That is pretty ignorant. Did he specifically say don't tell anyone?
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    How the hell do you come on here and just say there will be more dates but not elaborate? That is pretty ignorant. Did he specifically say don't tell anyone?

It may be a lot of things. But ignorant is not the word to describe it >_>
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    did matt specifically elaborate on dates??? of course not......

cmon...
  • Options
    that's pretty rude to say ignorant. matt probably didn't give him any specifics, or even if he did he might have asked him to keep it hush. sure i'm curious for details but i'm just glad he came on here to share the news that there are more shows on the horizon!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Exactly.

In all liklihood, the most detail Matt would have given would be something general like that there will be shows in the US in June/July. I doubt he gave him a full tour schedule.

I am happy he posted what he posted. People want to know if there will be other shows before they bite the bullet and buy Roo tickets, so here is some more credible information.

Some people are never happy.

nope, i shant be happy until Matt gives me a guided tour of Seattle while riding shotgun and letting me drive his M3 :D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Some people are never happy.
    they should just rename 'the porch' that lol
  • Options

ig·no·rant
    –adjective

1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    3. uninformed; unaware.
    4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

First of all wrong use of the word....

...he doesnt have to tell us anything if he doesnt want to, whether he knows specifics or not, all he said was that Matt told him their would be more shows other than Bonnaroo, take it for what it is rather than calling people names :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    nope, i shant be happy until Matt gives me a guided tour of Seattle while riding shotgun and letting me drive his M3 :D

word!!! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    there is only one ignorant poster on this thread and it's not the thread starter i can assure evrybody of that i personally know him hi's far from it ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    benjs wrote:

agreed
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Who the hell is this Obama guy? New keyboard player?

(He's got my vote...!)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I guess people feel he left people hanging. If that's all he knew, maybe they felt he should have said, "I met him, he said there will be more dates, but didn't get any specifics"

But either way people won't be happy unless they play in every city in the world. Then of course Yankee fans will say, "what we only get one date?" : )
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    fuck bonnaroo!

lol

Thanks for the little dish, Master Framer. Glad you got to meet Matt and I hope to see some Pacific Northwest news soon!!! :D

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Great work Framer!

It must have been awesome to see Obama speak in person. I can't wait for him to lay it on Hillary today and Tuesday.

Thanks for the confirmation that I don't have to worry about missing the Roo.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    Matt knew he was a fan, If he didn't want him spreading news he would of been tight lip but "Masterframer" didn't tell us this. He made it sound like he's got the scoop ("I'll just say there is more coming besides Bonaroo!!!!! " ;)" ) but not wanting to share any of it.
    People are annoyed b/c this guy claims to have information but is withholding it without expaination why.

I'm calling Shananagens on this entire thread
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV