Options

Sound Quality @ Tweeter Center Camden

Ten DudeTen Dude Posts: 50
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I've heard about some sound quality issues down there. I've secured tix for the first show and am now a bit concerned about sound quality up in the lawn.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    its a crapshoot.hopefully its a good night. its not too bad there. i saw tool last year and it sounded great.
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    As long as the sound guy isn't trying to blow you away with volume, it has the potential to be good. The main problem I've had in the lawn is when they go too loud for the sound system (The Who is not a good band for the lawn)...or if the crowd is especially loud and the sound isn't loud enough. I've sat everywhere from onstage to the lawn at Tweeter for PJ and never had a problem with their sound.

p.s. it's now the Susquehanna Bank Center, but that is just ridiculously too long.
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • Options
    all ampitheatre shows sound like poo.
    Its a fact of life.
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    it is hit or miss.... generally the sound is acceptable though
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    Ten DudeTen Dude Posts: 50
    The last few shows PJ performed there, the sound was ?
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    Ten Dude wrote:
    The last few shows PJ performed there, the sound was ?

i wasnt in the lawn for the last 2 times PJ performed there so I couldn't tell you.

from the seats it was fine
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    gregoryieldgregoryield Posts: 274
    At the last Camden, I was in the middle of the lawn and spent the entire show listening to the drunk middle-aged man behind me yell "louder!" and "he heard me!" the entire I show. I remember listening to the boot and trying to figure out how I missed so many songs.
    PJx69
    EVx11
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    In the seats the sound was fine.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Its a fact of life.

Really? I thought amps were suposed to be better because not as echoish as say a basketball type center. What is your favorite type place sound wise?
  • Options
    I was in the seats for one night in '06 at Tweeter Center and it was the worst sound I've ever had for a PJ show... granted, I was off to the side so it may have been better in other areas.
  • Options
    We've had seats in 100 section and 200 section- side and middle. The Avacado was definitely less impressive (200 section). I could hear people talking around me. It just didn't seem loud enough. Plus I could hear myself sing- scary.

The 100 level was excellent! Just right.
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    Really? I thought amps were suposed to be better because not as echoish as say a basketball type center. What is your favorite type place sound wise?

Arena shows are the best. Imho.

What you are implicating here as a negative, i view as one of the hallmarks of a real killer show.

True, the acoustics in some arenas are either way too loud (like the Philly Spectrum seems to have a LOT of echo) or way too damp (the MCI Center in DC seems to just suck noise right up) ...

but all in all i prefer the echo to the feeling that the sound is just getting sucked right up in to the night sky.

Most ampitheatres don't even have good loud speakers wired up to carry the sound to the back of the seats, much less the lawn ... not that i am to worried about that with 10c seats ... but even from the front of the house, i feel like the sound totally suffers in an ampitheatre.

I can't tell you how many shows i've seen outside where i can't understand shit that Ed is saying or singing, simply because the sound rushes past me and just dissapears into the ether.

Put me in an Arena and i will take the bit of muddying that occurs from the bouncing sound any days ... it makes the show louder, and the concert hall reverb is a fucking classic part of a rock show, imho.

If you think Ten was "arena" rock, surely you'd rather hear it performed in an "arena", right?
    ;)

I just like the boominess of indoor venues.
    :D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    GiventoFallGiventoFall Posts: 217
    I sat in the middle of the lawn for the first camden show last tour and the sound was fucking terrible. Sounded like a live pearl jam cd was being played on a shitty stereo from a far away distance. Fuck that place. It was ten times worse when I saw crosby stills nash and young there since thats already quiet music.
    Get over here!
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    yosi wrote:
    In the seats the sound was fine.
    agreed.
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    One of those places that has better sound if you right in the middle.

Last time they were there i had second row (yeah i almost died i was so excited) except for it was 2nd row...ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way to the far corner on mikes side... So of course the sound was shit... but i did score mad mike picks ;P Well only one for me, gave the others to people so they wouldnt try to run over me for em ;)

There are far better venues out there but its not so bad :) Have fun! I wont be returning this year .. (due to timing conflict) so hope your seat is better because of me :D
  • Options
    if you are all the way over to the left or right in seats towards the back your sound will be cut off dramatically at that venue

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    On the first night last tour we sat in covered seating on the left side of the stage (if you were facing the stage). We were pretty close to the wall and the sound was really bad. You could hardly hear any lyrics. Next night sat in the middle of the covered seats and the sound was fine. The first night seriously blowed....
    swerving vehicle
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    On the first night last tour we sat in covered seating on the left side of the stage (if you were facing the stage). We were pretty close to the wall and the sound was really bad. You could hardly hear any lyrics. Next night sat in the middle of the covered seats and the sound was fine. The first night seriously blowed....

Yeah night two was way better for me.. I also hadnt slept the following night before camden night one... Never underestimate the power of coffee and sheer excitement ... i didnt stop bouncing the entire show but ... ill be damned if i remember much of it :P
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I usually try to avoid getting lawn tix at amphitheaters. In my experiences at Camden & Hartford, the sound is better in the seated area.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,093
    ten club is only seats right?
    not lawn?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Its a fact of life.
    Guess you've never been to the Gorge
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Its not bad enough to miss a show.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Ten Dude wrote:
    I've heard about some sound quality issues down there. I've secured tix for the first show and am now a bit concerned about sound quality up in the lawn.

I was very disappointed with the sound in 2006. I didn't have bad seats and the sound was too low for my taste.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    All the shows I have been to there have sounded good. But I have been in the pavillion everytime.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...