I know! He blew me away!!
    AKA Cinnamon Girl :(

05-10-06
    08-05-07
    06-14-08
    08-12-08 (EV)
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    I forgot how bass-ey that song is....when it started playing I was wondering if Ed was going to hit his notes.....

Then I was like....wait....get a load of Jeff!!!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    about time Jeff gets the love he deserves and has deserved for some time. although he plays an instrument that is typically overlooked, I don't think PJ would have the moving, thick sound that it does without him. and he showed it off with "The Real Me"
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    stylo17 wrote:
    about time Jeff gets the love he deserves and has deserved for some time. although he plays an instrument that is typically overlooked, I don't think PJ would have the moving, thick sound that it does without him. and he showed it off with "The Real Me"

Hear, hear
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    salt_creepsalt_creep Posts: 72
    Jeff needs to get down on the bass more...

I love a kickass bass solo

Kick it claypool style!

I've always wanted to hear a rockin' bass improv that lead in the song "GO"

I think that would be a good thing
  • Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    salt_creep wrote:
    Jeff needs to get down on the bass more...

I love a kickass bass solo

Kick it claypool style!

I've always wanted to hear a rockin' bass improv that lead in the song "GO"

I think that would be a good thing[/QUOT

I mean I'm not trying to compare Ament to Entwistle (because nobody compares with Entwistle), but damn! Greatness.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Jeff tore it up...........i think Matt deserves some credit too, sounded great.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I was just about to post something about this.
    John was, to me, considered one of the best bass players Ever...and Jeff totally nailed it during that song.
    I was so pleased he got to show his talent.
    Awesome.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    Jeff was on fire...heck i read the posts on this thread and said to myself, yeh right! but after seeing the broadcast last nite, I agree with you all 100%. Heck I thought that reign o'er me was going to be the highlight, but the real me was crazy nuts...they have to release that as a christmas single or commit it to mp3 for a download somewhere.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    no shit guys. that was absolute jeff.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I was just about to post something about this.
    John was, to me, considered one of the best bass players Ever...and Jeff totally nailed it during that song.
    I was so pleased he got to show his talent.
    Awesome.

Same here, GREAT that he got showcased - especially in front of so many fans of The Who and other bands. Awesome performance.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Jeff did "The Ox" justice. He rocked that bass line like a clutch shot at the buzzer.

"The Real Me" is a tough song to pull off especially with the added pressure of having to perform it in front Roger and Pete and all the die hard Who freaks in the audience.

I'd say that aside from the Bass Solo in "My Generation" "The Real Me" is probably one of John's most signature bass lines and one that was sure to be closely watched and disected by the die hard fans in attendence.

Jeff pulled it off magically.

Matt rocked the drums Moon the Loon style as well.

Great Job Boys!!
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    stylo17 wrote:

Amen to that! There's a lot that Pearl Jam has going for them that they wouldn't have without Jeff -- funny how it takes a tribute to someone ELSE for a lot of people to notice (I don't mean you, I mean people in general...)
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    MrsOakley wrote:
    Amen to that! There's a lot that Pearl Jam has going for them that they wouldn't have without Jeff -- funny how it takes a tribute to someone ELSE for a lot of people to notice (I don't mean you, I mean people in general...)

yeah I'll step up and admit I have pretty much overlooked Jeff all these years... but never again...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    The third thread on the exact same topic?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Jeff did "The Ox" justice. He rocked that bass line like a clutch shot at the buzzer.

"The Real Me" is a tough song to pull off especially with the added pressure of having to perform it in front Roger and Pete and all the die hard Who freaks in the audience.

I'd say that aside from the Bass Solo in "My Generation" "The Real Me" is probably one of John's most signature bass lines and one that was sure to be closely watched and disected by the die hard fans in attendence.

Jeff pulled it off magically.

Matt rocked the drums Moon the Loon style as well.

Great Job Boys!!

Well put. Definitely a shot at the buzzer.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Jeff rocks...my world!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Jeff rocks...my world!

hehe cute :)
  • Options