Options

Do the bootlegs on CD-R's last forever?

tomtintomtin Posts: 48
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I have 5 or 6 2008 shows as mp3s. And only MSG1 on cd (the show I went to). But for collecting purposes, I was thinking about just buying all of the shows on cd (it's about $200) but since they are CD-R's this time around, I was wondering how long do they last?

Do they last as long as regular cd's?
I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    tomtin wrote:
    I have 5 or 6 2008 shows as mp3s. And only MSG1 on cd (the show I went to). But for collecting purposes, I was thinking about just buying all of the shows on cd (it's about $200) but since they are CD-R's this time around, I was wondering how long do they last?

Hopefully these will. Since I'm guessing they were professionally pressed maybe they used top of the line stuff. I've had some cd-r's I or someone else have made...start to get a constant clicking sound throughout some of the tracks after a while.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 389
    They used top of the line CD-Rs. Also I was told that they are guaranteed for life. Meaning if they fail, they would replace them. That's assuming all parties involved are still around 25+ years from now.

I bought them all, and I don't regret it one bit. For the extra $2 over the FLAC downloads, they are completely worth it.
  • Options
    tomtin wrote:

They're burned on Taiyo Yuden CDR's which are *top of the line*, and some say they may last even longer than some pressed CD's. So there should be nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    They're burned on Taiyo Yuden CDR's which are *top of the line*, and some say they may last even longer than some pressed CD's. So there should be nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    How many of you bought the entire tour??

I can't decide if I should get just the few that I really want or just grab all of them..