Options

State College, PA meet-up

Yellow LedbennerYellow Ledbenner Posts: 54
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Bryce Jordan Center hasn't seen a good show since, well, the Pearl Jam show. So let's get messy and listen to it and I can complain about missing it and you can brag about being there..assholes!

Seriously though, Senior year at Penn State, trying to live it up. I don't know how these meet-ups work so we can collaborate on a plan? Maybe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    I don't know how many 'heads there are in Happy Valley...I don't know if its enough for a meet-up...all the people that packed Bryce Jordan have probably graduated by now...I'm in Reading/Lancaster area...but good luck!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    funnt you posted this, im actually listening to the boot right now.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    tkacztkacz Posts: 91
    Bryce Jordan Center hasn't seen a good show since, well, the Pearl Jam show. So let's get messy and listen to it and I can complain about missing it and you can brag about being there..assholes!

Seriously though, Senior year at Penn State, trying to live it up. I don't know how these meet-ups work so we can collaborate on a plan? Maybe?

Hey Ledbenner,

We are hosting a Pearl Jam meetup of sorts on Friday Feb 29....

TEN... A Tribute to Pearl Jam will appearing for the first time in State College PA on February 29th at Candy (below Tony's Big Easy) on Pugh street. We just learned about this show this week. It is a benefit show of some sort and open to everyone. I will pass along more details as I get them.

It will be one heck of a party ! Hoping to see you and all the other jammers in State College that night !!!

When: Fri Feb 29 08 09:00 PM
    Where: Candy Bar And Lounge, 126 S. Pugh Street, State College, PA, 16803, US
    Details: http://www.tonysbigeasy.com

For more info on ten see http://www.tenband.com or http://www.myspace.com/tenband
  • Options
    tkacz wrote:
    Hey Ledbenner,

We are hosting a Pearl Jam meetup of sorts on Friday Feb 29....

TEN... A Tribute to Pearl Jam will appearing for the first time in State College PA on February 29th at Candy (below Tony's Big Easy) on Pugh street. We just learned about this show this week. It is a benefit show of some sort and open to everyone. I will pass along more details as I get them.

It will be one heck of a party ! Hoping to see you and all the other jammers in State College that night !!!

When: Fri Feb 29 08 09:00 PM
    Where: Candy Bar And Lounge, 126 S. Pugh Street, State College, PA, 16803, US
    Details: http://www.tonysbigeasy.com

For more info on ten see http://www.tenband.com or http://www.myspace.com/tenband

Hey thanks for the details. I always wanted to see them. Count me in. PM me if you want me to help you with some publicity or something since you seem to know much more than I do.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks for the info on TenBand. I go to school in Du Bois and probably will be passing through state college at the time so I'll be there!
    up here so high the sky I scrape..
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    Heeeey. I just might make a trip to see the show!

PSU Alum 2006!
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    Hey I'm looking forward to this. I have a house a couple blocks from Candy and maybe I'll convince the roommates to have an after party. You know, so all you graduates could relive your college days in shitty college house haha.
  • Options
    HA!

If you're nice us graduates could even bring the expensive beer.

Having a job does have its perks!
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    sounds fun. wish i was closer to there. only less than a year removed from college and i fucking miss it like hell. cherish those final months my friend.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:
    HA!

If you're nice us graduates could even bring the expensive beer.

Having a job does have its perks!

Hey if you do all that maybe I'll buy a delicious Canyon Pizza or 3. You know, they're like 5 bucks a piece
  • Options
    I could go for some Canyon Pizza
  • Options
    Thanks all !

Yes we could use some promotional help. Anyone who is interested please drop a line at ten@tenband.com

Also, please be sure to let us know if you have any requests !

See you all on the 29th !

tk
  • Options
    Does anyone know how big the room is at Candy ? I can't recall ever being there...

Thanks !

tk
  • Options
    I'm going to a bar across the street from there tonight so I'll try to stop over there and check it out.
  • Options
    Play State of Love and Trust!!

There will be a few Jammers at the show who are PSU Alum...

Also, it's state pattys day celebration this weekend, right?
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:

you got it !
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:

It's actually the following weekend.
  • Options
    Where are tickets on sale for this? I can't wait to go.
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
    6/17/08 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    heck of a first post mook... welcome to the pit
    10/3/05 --- 5/5/06 (Irving) --- 6/3/06 --- 8/2/07 (The Victoria Theater) ---8/5/07 --- 6/19/08 --- 6/20/08 --- 6/22/08---6/24/08 --- 6/25/08
    E.V. 8/1/08 --- 8/4/08
  • Options
    I'll be there
    10/3/05 --- 5/5/06 (Irving) --- 6/3/06 --- 8/2/07 (The Victoria Theater) ---8/5/07 --- 6/19/08 --- 6/20/08 --- 6/22/08---6/24/08 --- 6/25/08
    E.V. 8/1/08 --- 8/4/08
  • Options
    tkacz, 2 things.

1, I haven't seen any posters or flyers hanging anywhere. Do you have any little fliers you can email me so i can print out and put around campus?

Also, can I hear Last Exit?? :)
  • Options
    I spilled beer on my Moonlight Graham PJ hoodie tonight... DAMN!!!!

I'll still be wearing it on Friday though...

Yellow Ledbenner, I heard state patty's day was this coming Saturday... I know I'm out of the loop since I graduated but I thought I heard it was March 1st.

tkacz.. looking forward to State of Love and Trust! One of my friends saw a show over the summer and said Ten is awesome. I'm looking forward to a good time!

Ill be the one drinking the Guinness, wearing a moonlight graham hoodie (slightly beer stained) and probably making an ass out of himself!
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:
    I spilled beer on my Moonlight Graham PJ hoodie tonight... DAMN!!!!

I'll still be wearing it on Friday though...

Yellow Ledbenner, I heard state patty's day was this coming Saturday... I know I'm out of the loop since I graduated but I thought I heard it was March 1st.

tkacz.. looking forward to State of Love and Trust! One of my friends saw a show over the summer and said Ten is awesome. I'm looking forward to a good time!

Ill be the one drinking the Guinness, wearing a moonlight graham hoodie (slightly beer stained) and probably making an ass out of himself!

good call, it is this weekend!
    what a great start with the state pattys day
    and hey, if you get tired of the beer stain, i'd HAPPILY buy it off you

I love those damn hoodies
  • Options
    Well this is my first ever post here, haha.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Ten show Friday is 21+ or all ages or something. I would love to go, but wouldn't be able to get in if it's 21+. I tried calling Tony's Big Easy but the lady said she had no idea what I was talking about? So I found a number for the Candy Bar and Lounge but no one answered the few times I called.

Anyway if anyone knows that would be great. Thanks.
  • Options
    All,

Just got the word. This show is 21+ only. Sorry about that ! We'll try and shoot for an all ages show next time we come to town !

The show is at the Candy Bar and Lounge below Tony's Big Easy. The show is a benefit show being held by several of the local frats, and it is open to all over 21.

Candy is not directly affiliated with Tonys Big Easy, so that explains why they had little info.

Looking forward to a GREAT night ! see you all in a few hours !

tk
  • Options
    OK... I wake up just before 7am, go to work for the day.. leave work @ 5pm to drive directly to State College for the show.

It begins to snow... and snow.... other drivers get REALLY STUPID

Long story short, Rt. 322 gets shut down, it took me just under 5 HOURS to get to State College (should be about a 1.5 hour ride)...I get to candy's.... shows canceled.

I now sit in my hotel room, miserable... tired.... wanting to stab someone

great day

oh, and my girlfriend is mad at me
  • Options
    Hi all,

Our most sincere apologies to any who may have made their way out to Candy last night ! In particular those who were not told that the show was moved up the street.

We drove for 7 hours through the most miserable conditions and found nobody at the club. The weather had forced them to cancel the show on us at Candy. We were lucky that the SAE Fraternity was kind enough to host the show at their fraternity House right up the road. Several who came to Candy made it there to catch us. The folks at Candy were supposed to have posted a poster and tell people to come up to the SAE House, but I understand some may not have been told.

So very sorry, it was pretty much hell on earth and if we missed anyone who made their way out to see us, we owe you GREATLY !

Please pm me if you came to see us and got screwed by the Candy folks.

Thanks !

tk