Options

Just heard on Tampa radio

Comments

• Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    i call BS

Camden is no longer the Tweeter Center......its the Susquhanna Bank Center

and why would they play one show in Philly, take two days off, then play 5 miles across the river?

the extra days are to add extra shows. after boston, chicago, and nyc there's a gap to add a show - in the nyc case, there's room to add 2.

three nights at msg anyone?

(but i do think this is likely b.s...)
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    where are you guys getting that theyre playing boston and philly and etc? does aic have dates up or something?? the only thing pj has confirmed right now is bonnaroo.

Anyway, I could def go for seeing aic open up for pj. Seen em 2X since they got back together, and that would rock seeing them again!
    And yes aic did open for velvet revolver, should have been the other way around, no doubt.

And what was that about aic rapping in a show?!? man whatever you were on, i want some.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    I call BS on having PJ play @ Alpine on a Tuesday night, especially if the plan is to do Chicago-Denver-Alpine.

AIC as an opening act is very possible. it's already mentioned before - they've opened for Velvet Revolver.

would be nice to see some dates set soon, though. got my lollapalooza presale tickets and I'm hoping to make use of my 10C membership (that expires in 2011 - yeah I plunked a few years in advance)
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I personally don't believe anything anyone ever says..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    which is why you have a quote in your signature, right?

:)
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Tampa radio has ALWAYS been a hotbed for breaking news

I usually hate your replies, but this one tickled me. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Now how are they going to tour when they are supposed to be working on a new album? Perhaps this will be a small tour, lasting a few weeks over a dozen or so venues?
  • Options
    HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    Now how are they going to tour when they are supposed to be working on a new album? Perhaps this will be a small tour, lasting a few weeks over a dozen or so venues?

They recorded no code and vitalogy while on tour.

june 10th is false. REM is in raleigh.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    skere26 wrote:
    That pearl jam is touring this summer with alice in chains....
    yeah, right....and Led Zeppelin is getting back together.
  • Options
    toddlertoddler Posts: 12
    Here's my take for what it is worth... I heard a rumor a couple months ago (I can't remember where, so please don't ask for "sources") that Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, and Green Day were going to play 3 consecutive nights opposite the Republican convention in Minneapolis. They also may be doing the same thing in Denver with the Democratic convention. If this is true (and I am not saying it is), then maybe they would be playing 8/26 in Denver, and 9/3 in Minneapolis. In other words, I could believe these tour dates, and I wanna believe, but maybe the dates are a month ahead. Just something to chew on...
    Toddler
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Also... AIC as opener?

Bad for two reasons:

1. More than a few people think it's a bunch of crap. Fuck these fake reunions.
    2. AIC would make alot more money touring on their own than opening. Unless they are trying to get some publicity or cred with whats left of the grunge crowd. Think of the caliber of band that typically opens for PJ, way smaller than AIC.
    disagree. I think AIC, now a days especially without Layne is very, very small. My opinion though.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    toddlertoddler Posts: 12
    The only problem with my early stated theory is that the Dem convention is at the Pepsi Center. The GOP convention is at the Xcel, so that could still be a possibility...
    Toddler
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    If I remember correctly, Alpine Valley only allows shows on weekends now, so the date shown is false.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i call BS

Camden is no longer the Tweeter Center......its the Susquhanna Bank Center

and why would they play one show in Philly, take two days off, then play 5 miles across the river?

once the first show at the spectrum sells out they add a second... very typical

3 shows in philly
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    toddler wrote:
    Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, and Green Day were going to play 3 consecutive nights opposite the Republican convention in Minneapolis. They also may be doing the same thing in Denver with the Democratic convention.

i am flying out for that...
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    tschav wrote:
    which is why you have a quote in your signature, right?

:)

Courtesy of Mr. Vincent Antonelli from 'My Blue Heaven.'
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    a5pj wrote:
    where are you guys getting that theyre playing boston and philly and etc? does aic have dates up or something?? the only thing pj has confirmed right now is bonnaroo.

Anyway, I could def go for seeing aic open up for pj. Seen em 2X since they got back together, and that would rock seeing them again!
    And yes aic did open for velvet revolver, should have been the other way around, no doubt.

And what was that about aic rapping in a show?!? man whatever you were on, i want some.
    Dude....they had some rapper guest come on stage and they rapped...in Houston.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    skere26 wrote:
    That pearl jam is touring this summer with alice in chains....

This only could have happened when Layne was alive. I can;t see PJ touring with Semi AIC even with Jerry involved. As mu8ch as i love AIC and their music, reforming after the death of Layne has to be one of the lamest moves I've seen from a band with integrity in a LONG time. Jerry can tour his own stuff, so why lower yourselves to being a fraction of the greatness you achieved? If Pj did tour with "AIC" i may have to boycott the band for awhile. Sorry just the way i see it. There comes a point when no matter what sometimes the principle is more important than the payoff.
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    yeah, right....and Led Zeppelin is getting back together.

hehee
    Led Zeppelin did just play a show.
    Hell anything is possible!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    give me the arcade fire opening anytime.
    you make me sick with that comment
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339
    GoBucky wrote:
    If I remember correctly, Alpine Valley only allows shows on weekends now, so the date shown is false.
    Yup, Alpine only books shows on the weekend plus REM is at that venue on the tenth and lets not forget that Green River is doing a show in Seattle in July, so none of these dates are possible. It's all BS!!! I'm predicting that PJ and Metallica can't announce anymore US tour dates until Bonnaroo is nearly sold out or until late April whatever comes first. I'm betting on East coast in June and first week of July then 3 weeks off then West coast and midwest in August & September.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    England England England Please X
  • Options
    TheRiotActTheRiotAct Posts: 131
    I'm predicting that PJ and Metallica can't announce anymore US tour dates until Bonnaroo is nearly sold out or until late April whatever comes first. I'm betting on East coast in June and first week of July then 3 weeks off then West coast and midwest in August & September.

This actually makes business sense. I think we have to wait a few months before we know for sure, but the drumbeat about dates in the summer sure seems to be getting louder.
    "Close but no sitar." ~ EV
  • Options
    lephty wrote:
    mad season songs

plzkthx

you do know that if this tour did happen, the lead singer for Mad Season wouldn't be there??
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,646
    you do know that if this tour did happen, the lead singer for Mad Season wouldn't be there??

Really? Your so smart.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930

wow no shit. thanks for letting me know! i would have felt stupid expecting to see layne. did he retire or something?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    did he retire or something?

Layne RIP
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    smobeepjsmobeepj Posts: 58
    never had the chance to see the original alice n chains so i woulnt mind seeing them with PJ. all i need is one PJ show this year and i'll be good.
  • Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I don't buy these dates at all.

But I do buy the idea that Pearl Jam will be on tour in June and July.

Somebody in an official capacity: please tell us the details!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020