Options

How I got MSG1 and MSG2 tixs

Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I used Firefox, but a little trick is to go into TOOLS> OPTIONS and disable some things. Go to the CONTENT button and disable the following....

Load images automatically
Enable Javascript
Enable Java

The page won't be as pretty, but it will load much faster. Something to watch for though is the buttons that you have to hit such as buy and submit may not be there. If you have done this enough times you should know where they are. They are still clickable, you just can't see some of them.

FYI - as of 2:44 est it still say out of stock which means there are still tixs. They are not sold out til the icon in gone!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for sharing this.. it was my first time trying and I got lucky with MSG2 and tried clicking where I saw the arrow turn into a hand. And next time around I'll change the settings in Firefox as well. Good info.

Enjoy the shows!
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Lowlight11 wrote:
    I used Firefox, but a little trick is to go into TOOLS> OPTIONS and disable some things. Go to the CONTENT button and disable the following....

Load images automatically
    Enable Javascript
    Enable Java

The page won't be as pretty, but it will load much faster. Something to watch for though is the buttons that you have to hit such as buy and submit may not be there. If you have done this enough times you should know where they are. They are still clickable, you just can't see some of them.

GOOD LUCK!!!

this is exactly why a lottery is the only fair system

it has little to do with luck and more to do with "computer skills"
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    he saved a few nano-seconds not loading some graphics compared to the rest of us and you're gonna complain that its not fair?
  • Options
    I didnt do a single thing he just mentioned--and I still got tickets for both shows. Clicking the shit out of the refresh button and simultaneously refreshing and loging into three different browsers is what I, and im sure many other people did. He could have just not told you anything at all and kept his "MAJOR UNFAIR DISCOVERY" to himself.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    and the fact that people from all over the place are rushing for these two shows? If they announce more dates, I don't think you will see the rush of people to go to the Texas shows, or Phoenix or some place like that.

I wonder if the Boston show will be that hard to get tickets to. It is usually as good or better than the NY ones.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    how fast you can click buy and how fast you can click refresh has more to do with getting tickets than what was mentioned above.

but to each his own system of getting tix, i got both today, see you tomorrow.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    God, I hope I can get tickets to the show in my own backyard. I feel for you guys in NY.

Luckily I am going to where I used to call home to see 2 shows, but I would really like the Boston show.

I remember the, selling out 2 VFC warmup shows here, I think we just need to realize that in NYC and Boston there are a lot of people and a lot of fans. However maybe a good solution would have been to limit tickets to one show via zip code for NY/NJ people only..
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I wonder if the Boston show will be that hard to get tickets to. It is usually as good or better than the NY ones.

No reason to go to Boston ... the shows are horrible ... stay away from Mansfield!!!!

please let me get mansfield tickets .... please! .... :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez