Options

20th ANNIVERSARY VINYL + POSTER etc. FREE - WINNER

Comments

• Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Love the culture and community that is Pearl Jam. The music speaks to so many, on so many levels. They are the best band to watch and listen to live. I could go on and on.... ;)
  • Options
    Pearl Jam changed my life...

I met my future husband through Tenclub as well as one of my bridesmaids - Some of my dearest friendships are a result of the PJ community. I've travelled to places I never thought I would and had experiences that have moved me to tears. The music has got me through some of the toughest times a human being can endure, including messy relationship breakdowns and suddenly losing a parent; over the last 5 years it's made me who I am.
    I love Pearl Jam with my very soul.. and y'know, I don't care if I never meet the band or don't go on every tour and have every rare item... I have their music and my friends, and that's enough for me :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    i cant put it into words .enough to say that in this order
    my beautiful wife who keeps me alive with her love
    my lovely 2 kids [grown up now]that make me a very proud father
    and pearl jam that gives me hope and inspiration in there music unlike any other band i have found
    life would be very different :)

oh and my dog [ thats called Eddie Vedder ] who makes me laugh cos hes mad just like me .

ah and Glastonbury where i one day hope to see pearl jam

peace
    guy
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    The band have been my compass as I've sailed through life, rough seas and calm.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    beautiful..thanks to all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    one day left :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    ...oh yeah, and for lyrics such as:

"no matter how cold the winter there's a spring time ahead."

Can never get that out of my head. How promising is that lyric, huh?

I already entered days ago dimitris, just wanted to add that thought, thanks!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Why? Pearl Jam helped me thru though times back in the 90s....'The Story of my Life' :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The music is amazing. The lyrics are even better. And that voice...not only is the voice incredible, but he can sing like there's no tomorrow. The passion, the emotion, the feeling and energy. Wow, I love this band.

Thanks Dimi you are the greatest!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    When I was 11ish I heard SOLAT on the Singles soundtrack on cassette. I was on holiday in Spain and struck up a friendship with a slightly older girl from Glasgow called Nyree, who was also on holiday. We promised to write after the holiday ended, as you do - but we did and a few weeks later she sent me a taped off copy of the soundtrack. It was the first time music accompanied a snapshot of memories in my life.
    I went on to buy Ten, (and then all the albums as they were released), I joined the Vitalogy health club I think it was called, I had the original stickman T shirt, worn with a baggy check shirt, long indian cotton skirts and jeans, DM boots or converse boots :lol::lol:
    I got into live music and bands, spending my time at gigs every weekend although never PJ as I live miles away from a city.

I met a guy at 19, who I thought was the love of my life. He liked music but wasn't passionate about it, movies, technology and computer games were his thing. He didn't like gigs, or going to the pub, or anything like that really. He travelled a lot for his job, so he never wanted to travel anywhere in his spare time. So I changed my outlook in order to meet his. Everything I used to do sort of gradually stopped. I longingly watched the coverage of Reading and Leeds wishing so hard I was there. I did get him to some gigs but it was such a trial it spoilt any possbile fun so something like that wasn't worth suggesting.
    We split up, ten years on when he had an affair, I was devested. I had centred my whole life around this man, losing touch of who I actually was and losing any inch of self confidence.
    The one thing that had stayed with me was music and so I drowned myself in it,rediscovering music that although I had listened too, I hadn't emotionally stayed in touch with. I listened to PJ a lot during this time, there were so many things in the lyrics I connected to.

I joined this forum, when I heard a rumour that the band were going to tour in 2009. I was scared by it, how passionate people were, how tight the friendships were, and felt like an intruder. I went to the Manchester gig with an old friend and a couple of his friends. That night was amazing, I know for many it wasn't the best gig of that tour, but for me, it was the start of something. We came back to outr hotel and drunkenly sang Black at the bar staff, you tubed PJ vids for hours and the feeling I was left with stayed with me. I began posting here more regularily, and not being quite so scared of you all!

The tour this year was amazing, there is no other word I can use to describe it. I have friends that I hope will remain for my lifetime, and during that trip I was also able to find a bit of the pre-19 year old self I had lost.
    This passion for music we all share, can lead to immense things, and that sense is oh so special, and it's down to this band.

I have a wide taste in music, bands and artists I dip in and out of, very few are constant in my life. PJ has been a constant, and funnily enough despite her turning to dance music, I am also still friends with Nyree from Glasgow.

(sorry for going on!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,838
    i think my life and pearl jam have intertwined for nearly 20 years. there is certain songs that remind me of different points in my life. i get that feeling of what life was like back in 1995 when i hear studio corduroy. or when i hear porch for some reason i think of the birth of my son. the songs bring me back to certain situations; and of course seeing them 45 times s an experience in its own.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my silly words won't do them justice...

But, the fact that they can make me break down in tears, numerous times, during a live show, in front of thousands... well, that speaks for itself.

You're still such an amazing person for doing this D.
    Words can't do you justice either- an amazing human.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Everything
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    I NEVER get tired of listening to PJ
  • Options
    MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    veddertown wrote:
    I've really enjoyed reading all the replies on this thread and it's hard to reply with something not already said because most of what I feel has already been summed up beautifully here. Pearl Jam came to light for me watching Headbangers Ball on MTV with Alive and the same nights' playlist showed Hunger Strike too which at the time blew me away more than Alive I must admit. By the time I'd heard Alive a few more times followed by Even Flow it wasn't long before the Ten vinyl was gracing my decks and by the time I was halfway through Black I knew this album was going to be with me for a long time. It was only when Vs came out that I realised how much I loved the band and it's music and I've probably never been so excited about an album release as I was when Vitalogy (still my favourite) came out. You can discuss the albums and songs to death as we frequently do here, likewise the best shows/setlists etc but the main thing is that we as fans have a piece of this band running through our core and always will. I've never been so deeply affected by any band in 31 years of listening to and buying music and nobody in the last 20 years comes close to attaining the same classic rock band status that for me puts Pearl Jam in the same bracket as The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, The Grateful Dead, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin. They will truly deserve a place in the Rock 'n Roll hall of fame when it comes and I don't think they're anywhere near the end of the road yet. The best live band I have watched by a mile and the best fans I have ever associated myself with. Pearl Jam is about music but it's also about fans, community, love, companionship and whatever the spirit that lives on these boards is. You can't explain this stuff to a non PJ fan! I simply love PJ, they are my shining light and I never want it to go out! Dimitris you are one of the nicest people I've ever had the good fortune to meet, as you say, love as much as you can.. :mrgreen:

Bravo!!!! ;)
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Why do I love Pearl Jam....

EVERYTHING! Bigger than words.

But a standout is that they've been with me for half my life now, since I was in high school and I'm 35. And I met my wife because she is also a fan!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    The voice of Eddie , the lyrics, the music.....
    When I'm down, when I'm happy, when I'm angry, when I'm nothing, it's PJ's music that stay with me.
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Pearl Jam gives me the strength and excitement to go through this life. I feel sorryu for those who live their lives without Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam has also brought to me some of my greatest friends too!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    I can't definitively say why I love pearl jam other than that they always make me smile. I've probably had more fun traveling around the country seeing this band than anything else I've ever done in my life.
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    2 HOURS :)
  • Options
    and as for the topic....i remember that day,my sister told me about a band called Pearl Jam a new song ,called Jeremy.
    After 2 weeks i listen it in radio,and call her to tell her i listen a great song and she told me,Dimitris,thats was the one i was telling you..
    After all this years,that i travel with their lyrics and their music....i start touring too...
    today is 28th october 2010.....and i realise that the band for me is 3 simple words...
    Peace ,Love and Friendship...
    thats the result.....the whole pearl jam thing make me feel peace inside me ,to love as much as i can and honor as better i can my friends
    Thank you Pearl Jam...cos you make me better man than i suppose to be...
    and See you ..as we say the European fans ...to the next one...No,No.i dont mean the band...
    i mean my friends,you guys,my family..
    Dimitris
  • Options
    iminthegardeniminthegarden Boston Posts: 51
    This year I celebrate two very important events in my life... twenty years of Pj and 20 years of knowing my husband, :D both who I love very much and wouldnt know how to live without. Hail Hail for I feel I am one of those lucky ones.

Thanks Dimitris.

Did I miss this One?
  • Options
    ColinAllCarsColinAllCars Waterbury, CT Posts: 53
    The first time I saw Pearl Jam, in Hartford, CT in 1996, was nothing if not life-changing. I remember exactly where I was standing when I heard the first few notes of their soundcheck. I remember what the sunset-tinged clouds looked like over the venue, I remember the smells of the food vendors over an autumn crispness... that moment will always be trapped in time for me. I remember physically shaking I was so excited. It was rapture, it was reverie. It was the single greatest moment of my entire life, to this day. I think about it often, and it stokes the fires of my soul.

Fourteen years later, Pearl Jam remain the most influential and inspirational force in my life. Their concerts have brought me to ecstatic highs and their songs have pulled me through desperate lows. I cannot really articulate how much the band's music has meant to me and will always mean to me, and I can never truly thank them enough for the infinite wellsprings of joy and gratitude they bless my life with.
    10/2/96- Hartford, CT; 9/13/98- Hartford, CT; 9/15/98- Mansfield, MA; 9/4/00- Columbia, MD; 7/8/03- NY, NY; 7/9/03- NY, NY; 9/28/2004- Boston, MA; 5/4/06- NY, NY; 6/14/08- Manchester, TN; 6/27/08- Hartford, CT; 6/30/08- Mansfield, MA; 6/9/09- Albany, NY (Ed solo); 10/31/09- Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10- Hartford, CT; 10/25/13- Hartford, CT
  • Options
    Did I miss this One?
    You are in the draw..20 minutes left
  • Options
    MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    Got me through my 20's with my sanity
  • Options
    end of time..ill annonce the winner sortly,cos is just one.. :)
  • Options
    the winner takes:

1 BINAURAL VINYL
    1 EUROPE 2006 POSTER DESIGNED BY BRAD KLAUSEN
    1 2009 TEN OF CLUBS SHIRT NEW
    1 BINAURAL CD SEALED
    20 BOOTLEGS DVD ONE FROM EACH YEAR OF THOSE 20 YEARS
    1 SECRET GIFT...WILL BE A SURPRISE TO THE WINNER...

AND AFTER SEE THE DRAW...I REALLY THINK THOSE FUCKIN MASSHOLES ARE SO LUCKY...

BIG WINNER IS:

U R A Crazy Breed

AND THERE IS NO 2ND-3RD WINNER....

ALL THE FRIENDS POST IN THE THREAD WINS A SMALL PJ GIFT..MUST BE 145 IF I COUNT THE POSTS RIGHT..
    ILL PM YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADDRESS

THANK YOU ALL..WAS A PLEASURE TO READ YOUR POSTS..THANKS

PEACE,LOVE AND PEARL JAM FOREVER
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a lucky winner, that is one hell of a package to send to someone, your kindness has inspired me and many other board members, you are a wonderful human being!!!
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,281
    Dimitris

the winner takes:

1 BINAURAL VINYL
    1 BINAURAL CD SEALED

BIG WINNER IS:

U R A Crazy Breed

ALL THE FRIENDS POST IN THE THREAD WINS A SMALL PJ GIFT..MUST BE 145 IF I COUNT THE POSTS RIGHT..

Congrats, what a great prize. 145 gifts? :o thats awesome. Thanks.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    edited October 2010
    the winner takes:

1 BINAURAL VINYL
    1 BINAURAL CD SEALED

AND AFTER SEE THE DRAW...I REALLY THINK THOSE FUCKIN MASSHOLES ARE SO LUCKY...

BIG WINNER IS:

U R A Crazy Breed

:o:o:o no, thats wrong, I am not surprised at all, this is the Dimi kinda way ;) But I am still :shock: :shock: Dimi, you are great!!!!!!!
    Congrats, Erik!!! :D:D
    Post edited by 71step28 on