Options

Ed SOLO could SELL OUT RED ROCKS, COLORADO!!!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited July 2008 in The Porch
PLEASE!!!
I heard Ed was choosing venues by the sound quality, location, etc... well Red Rocks is about as intimate as it can get outside with AMAZING SOUND!!!

It seats about 9,000, which would EASILY SELL OUT!!!!

Cmon Ed, it's almost South, let us have some fun here too!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    Sign me up, that would be a dream ticket. Sweet place to see a show!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    no kidding... if there was ONE place Ed should hit on his solo tour, I would think it would be Red Rocks...
    The Gorge is too big...
  • Options
    The Gorge is probably too big, Red Rocks would be perfect! I would wet myself in excitement upon hearing the news.

• Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    yup! i'll be at red rocks this friday.

i would love it if ed did a solo gig there, or better yet, the whole band played there!
  • Options
    yup! i'll be at red rocks this friday.

i would love it if ed did a solo gig there, or better yet, the whole band played there!
    friday? what is going on friday?
  • Options
    I think STP is playing there tonight, I don't know about Friday.

• Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    PLEASE!!!
    I heard Ed was choosing venues by the sound quality, location, etc... well Red Rocks is about as intimate as it can get outside with AMAZING SOUND!!!

Yep, I agree. I had this exact same thought this morning. Red Rocks would be the perfect place to hear the Into the Wild songs. That being said, I think it is highly unlikely that Ed comes anywhere near Colorado. I'm holding out a little hope, especially with the DNC here in late August.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    take 2 and pass taper...
  • Options
    tie-dye ladytie-dye lady Posts: 305
    Geez where's the mid-country love??? The West and East got their tours...come on, show some love to the middle!! Red Rocks would be so more then perfect! I'm free on Friday! YES!!!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    tie-dye ladytie-dye lady Posts: 305
    Yep, I agree. I had this exact same thought this morning. Red Rocks would be the perfect place to hear the Into the Wild songs. That being said, I think it is highly unlikely that Ed comes anywhere near Colorado. I'm holding out a little hope, especially with the DNC here in late August.

The week after then, or September...weather will still be perfect in Sept for a Red Rocks show!!!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    Colorado FanColorado Fan Posts: 442
    It would be swell if Ed came through our fair state, but alas, he has done the west coast, PJ has done the east coast, and where is the love for the middle? Well, there ain't gonna be any middle any more...
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    jjstarr wrote:
    I think STP is playing there tonight, I don't know about Friday.

STP is tonight! And though it's no PJ show, it is a pretty nice way to handle the PJ withdrawl I'm currently experiencing.
    And IMO, Ed doesn't care for our fair state too much. Seems like the only reason we got PJ in '06 was due to Petty.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    got any extra tickets?
    looks like I'm heading to red rocks after that EMEK sale... I must see STP!
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    pjtaper wrote:
    PLEASE!!!

Yes, and I will crash on your couch! ;)
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    I'd be inclined to travel to CO and promote tourism within that fine state if Ed played Red Rocks.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    got any extra tickets?
    looks like I'm heading to red rocks after that EMEK sale... I must see STP!

Sorry, no extras... But if you do get in, I'll be in the 9th row!
    BTW - Ever find those Jack Johnson tix? ;o)
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    CServant wrote:
    Sorry, no extras... But if you do get in, I'll be in the 9th row!
    BTW - Ever find those Jack Johnson tix? ;o)
    Nope, I still need those Jack Tix... I'm going to head to red rocks after the EMEK SALE, see if there are any extras floating around...
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Nope, I still need those Jack Tix... I'm going to head to red rocks after the EMEK SALE, see if there are any extras floating around...

I think you'll find something up there tonight, not so sure about Jack though...
    BTW - What is the EMEK SALE?
  • Options
    Colorado FanColorado Fan Posts: 442
    Ed's next tour ends on August 22nd. The Democratic National Convention starts August 25th in Denver. Three days is plenty long to pick up the boys and head on over to Red Rocks!!!